2,976 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, luminarc said:

Ok guys I'm freaking the hell out, , I know it has only been a few days, but I am kinda scared that my package was lost even though USPS says it was delivered (i have some trust issues with USPS). how long did it take you guys to receive the e-notification after your petition was delivered?

when did you send you package?

I sent mine on 22 December they received it by 26. I did not get any e-notifications. It was very strange since i was expecting that. by 18th of Jan i received my receipt number. 

Edited by balo101

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
21 hours ago, Angor said:

Thank you Sandra and others for your responses. But when that count down on the security check starts? My case has been pending already for 3 years. Could they have started it a couple of days ago and I will have to wait another 3 years? At what point they start it, any clue, anyone?

The FBI conducts two searches,  one is the FBI fingerprints check, and another one is the FBI Name Check as well, sometimes the FBI name check is ready first but USCIS can't adjudicate the case until the FBI fingerprints check is ready, and in some cases can take months or even years.Sometimes the delay can be explained If you were arrested or if you have a have a common name. 

Timeline
16 hours ago, Jenny1 said:

bbnbn.jpg.a0936ede923b3530e5aeedafc42d360d.jpg

Praise be to God almighty !!!   I did my interview today and my card has been approved. Interview time was 12:pm. I  arrived at 11:40 but wasn't called until 12:33pm. I was out by 12:50pm.   The female officer apologized and led me in.

Officer: How is your week going?

Me: I guess its going well and yours?

Officer: Can't complain. Did you do anything fun over the weekend?

Me: Not at all. I was indoors for the most part. Same ol.

Officer: Me too, I had laundry and cleaning to do. DO you have your medicals

Me : Yes I do ( hands it over) . I also have a copy of my i864W

Officer: Thank God. You are the first person with medicals today and I  have a copy of the i864w here(shes showed me in my file). Let me swear you in, pls stand...

after the swearing in

Officer: can I have your ID Pls.... 

I gave her my ID.   after a while 

Officer: Do you have your passport?

Me: No , I don't.

Officer: That's okay, I can pull up your details later. She returned my ID

The officer then went on to ask for my full names,  my parent's names, my current address, my address in my home country and then the i485 "NO" questions.

Officer: do you have anything to add?

Me: I'd love to change my last name if thats okay

Officer: Ofcourse,! Have you ever used the name before?

Me: No

Officer: Okay, Whats the name?

I said my name and she did some writing.

Officer: Any more question?

Me None for now. 

Officer: That"s it. I will review your file and you will get an update withing 24 hours.

Me: sounds good.

We stood up and walked out.

On our way out...

Officer: Do you still work at ....

Me : Yes I do

Officer: How do you like it

Me: Not bad. I enjoy what I do.

Officer: I can tell you like it there.  Have a good week.

Me : You too

Thank you @sandranj . I couldn't have known how to write my affidavit without your input. Not only that, you were always there to advise . Thanks @nap_o  , @Stillwinning!!!😊    for the well wishes. 

FAQ

1. NO I didn't have a lawyer. (I had God)

2.Yes, I am from one of the countries recently banned.

3 .I am male

4. I had only Psychological evaluation .

5. For Medicals: I got vaccines from the City Clinic  $55 and doctor's fee $225.

TIMELINE (allow  for 1/2 days error)

i360 : Received 18th Jan 2018

NO Primia Ficie  RFE for Good Moral ( always get background check for all your names)

1360: Approved August 8,  2019

Courtesy letter: November 2019

Interview Letter: February 24, 2020

Interview:  March 3, 2020

i485 Approved:  March 3, 2020

@Modu   @Heism    y'all next!

Congratulations.

Timeline
46 minutes ago, luminarc said:

Ok guys I'm freaking the hell out, , I know it has only been a few days, but I am kinda scared that my package was lost even though USPS says it was delivered (i have some trust issues with USPS). how long did it take you guys to receive the e-notification after your petition was delivered?

I saw cases they issued  the receipts after 45 days then don't worry about it.

3 minutes ago, balo101 said:

when did you send you package?

I sent mine on 22 December they received it by 26. I did not get any e-notifications. It was very strange since i was expecting that. by 18th of Jan i received my receipt number. 

They received it last week thursday, like I said, just a few days, I am just on edge that maybe my package is lost or usps delivered to the wrong address.

3 minutes ago, luminarc said:

They received it last week thursday, like I said, just a few days, I am just on edge that maybe my package is lost or usps delivered to the wrong address.

i thought the same things because when i send there was holiday as well. plus i did not get any notification. Just take it easy you will get the receipt soon. 

16 minutes ago, sandranj said:

The FBI conducts two searches,  one is the FBI fingerprints check, and another one is the FBI Name Check as well, sometimes the FBI name check is ready first but USCIS can't adjudicate the case until the FBI fingerprints check is ready, and in some cases can take months or even years.Sometimes the delay can be explained If you were arrested or if you have a have a common name. 

I can fully agree what Sandranj is saying my FBI background check toke like more that 3 years,  and the only tin i was able to do is to wait. hope yours will take lees time.

1 minute ago, lolaB998 said:

Hi Friends!

I wanted to post about my recent I-765 and I-131 renewal (C09).

I filed the application on 1/08/2020 and my card is being produced today 3/04/2020. Super speed, I didn't expect it!

congratulations. 

Where did you file? Vermont or NBC?

31 minutes ago, Mira20 said:

I received my EAD on last week Thursday exactly 2 months after filling the forms with my attorney 

Congratulations. Which office did you file?

Timeline
Just now, balo101 said:

congratulations. 

Where did you file? Vermont or NBC?

Congratulations. Which office did you file?

Thank you! I filed with Vermont by myself, forgot to mention it's a renewal, my 3rd EAD. I'm surprised because I waited 8 months for my first EAD and 5 months for my 2nd one.

Good luck everyone!

OMG! @Stillwinning!!!😊 I am so happy for you! Congratulations on your approval! Your journey is finally over (citizenship next😁) You are such a big help in this forum and you deserve all the blessings coming your way. Good luck on your new journey! ❤️❤️❤️😃😃😃

Just now, lolaB998 said:

Thank you! I filed with Vermont by myself, forgot to mention it's a renewal, my 3rd EAD. I'm surprised because I waited 8 months for my first EAD and 5 months for my 2nd one.

Good luck everyone!

Hi! Congrats on your EAD. I also filed my renewal by myself, i sent it on Nov 2019 and until now im still waiting and my EAD/AP is expiring next week 😕 i just really hope it comes soon. Im just getting really anxious 

Timeline
Just now, MGJ_NY said:

Hi! Congrats on your EAD. I also filed my renewal by myself, i sent it on Nov 2019 and until now im still waiting and my EAD/AP is expiring next week 😕 i just really hope it comes soon. Im just getting really anxious 

Hey, I'm sorry to hear that. I always contacted my congressman if my case was delayed, they are usually quite helpful! Hope you get yours soon

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.