2,976 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, sabina4 said:

hi, I'm waiting on my i-360, on my ssn card it says "valid for work only with dhs authorization", is it ok to open a credit card with this ssn and start credit history? or that would somehow mess up my vawa case? thanks

You will be fine don't worry you can apply or open a credit card account.

I just got a denial notice for I-485 fee waiver. I’m currently waiting to be called in for interview in some places i applied for jobs. ( got c31 ead card ) in December. I have some money left from the money my ex husband paid as ordered by the court in 2018 but it’s not enough to pay for $1225 fee. Does anyone know if I have a specific time to resend? I plan on waiting to get a job so as to be able to make the payment. Any other suggestion? Thank you 

Edited by Sabrina42

2 hours ago, MGJ_NY said:

OMG! @Stillwinning!!!😊 I am so happy for you! Congratulations on your approval! Your journey is finally over (citizenship next😁) You are such a big help in this forum and you deserve all the blessings coming your way. Good luck on your new journey! ❤️❤️❤️😃😃😃

Thanks so much my darling! 😍😘 yes citizenship next by the grace of GOD!🙏😊 God will perfect yours too. Praying for all still waiting! There shall be showers of blessings!!!🙏🙏💜💚💙💛🙌

21 minutes ago, Sabrina42 said:

I just got a denial notice for I-485 fee waiver. I’m currently waiting to be called in for interview in some places i applied for jobs. ( got c31 ead card ) in December. I have some money left from the money my ex husband paid as ordered by the court in 2018 but it’s not enough to pay for $1225 fee. Does anyone know if I have a specific time to resend? I plan on waiting to get a job so as to be able to make the payment. Any other suggestion? Thank you 

Personally I don't borrow money from people..but if you have friends or family that can lend you the money..go for it. I'm wondering why they denied the waiver...I don't think there's an ultimatum to resend. I pray you get the job so you can gather money to pay for your expenses dear.🙏 You're eligible for the waiver..except something went wrong.

Edited by Stillwinning!!!😊

3 hours ago, luminarc said:

They received it last week thursday, like I said, just a few days, I am just on edge that maybe my package is lost or usps delivered to the wrong address.

Sometimes when there's a delay of any sort..it makes you go crazy with bogus ideas. LOL..there's nothing you wouldn't think or conjure up. I doubt it's sent to the wrong address..except you gave a wrong address. You'll hear soon. Take it easy.😊

1 hour ago, sabina4 said:

hi, I'm waiting on my i-360, on my ssn card it says "valid for work only with dhs authorization", is it ok to open a credit card with this ssn and start credit history? or that would somehow mess up my vawa case? thanks

Yes that's how the SSN comes..with that small restriction pending when you adjust status. Yes its ok to begin building your credit..it's not gonna mess up your VAWA case..if anything it puts you in a good light.👍 go for it.

2 hours ago, MGJ_NY said:

Hi! Congrats on your EAD. I also filed my renewal by myself, i sent it on Nov 2019 and until now im still waiting and my EAD/AP is expiring next week 😕 i just really hope it comes soon. Im just getting really anxious 

I know how you feel dear. I sent my renewal Feb 2019 and it got approved in Dec 2019. Valid till Dec 2020..which I don't need anymore that my Greencard is approved! You can trouble your congressman to enquire on your behalf.👍

17 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Personally I don't borrow money from people..but if you have friends or family that can lend you the money..go for it. I'm wondering why they denied the waiver...I don't think there's an ultimatum to resend. I pray you get the job so you can gather money to pay for your expenses dear.🙏 You're eligible for the waiver..except something went wrong.

Notice said that i have not shown enough proof of inability to pay. 

Just now, Sabrina42 said:

Notice said that i have not shown enough proof of inability to pay. 

Oh I see. So you may want to gather proof. Bank statements..bills...write that you currently are not working...gather everything that shows you really are in a fix! That's basically what will convince them..because they expect that once they give us the C31 EAD or C9, we should be back on our fit..so to speak..👍

Hi all!

I just need some advice with my long waited interview. I've written here before about it;

I filed my application in April 2016 and my I-360  was approved on january 3rd, 2019 after submitting RFE and currently waiting to be scheduled for the interview.

I've gone to my country about 6 weeks ago and yesterday I came back with no issue before my advance parole expiring on March 18, 2020. 

So. for now it's been 14 months since my case was approved. What should I do now? My lawyer doesn't help much. 

Should I reach out to a Congressman to see what's going on with my case? It's so frustrating to wait that long without knowing how long more I will have to wait ;(

Thanks.

2 minutes ago, gurgen said:

Hi all!

I just need some advice with my long waited interview. I've written here before about it;

I filed my application in April 2016 and my I-360  was approved on january 3rd, 2019 after submitting RFE and currently waiting to be scheduled for the interview.

I've gone to my country about 6 weeks ago and yesterday I came back with no issue before my advance parole expiring on March 18, 2020. 

So. for now it's been 14 months since my case was approved. What should I do now? My lawyer doesn't help much. 

Should I reach out to a Congressman to see what's going on with my case? It's so frustrating to wait that long without knowing how long more I will have to wait ;(

Thanks.

You cases sounds like it's located in N.Y.! If yes it's sadly normal..somewhat! But if not..you better get in touch with your representative. Infact do so. The wait is terrible mostly because i360 approval is not the end of the journey..it doesn't guarantee i485 approval in some cases..so we're constantly on edge..start making contact.👍

2 minutes ago, gurgen said:

Hi all!

Thanks.

Yes def reach out to your Congressman and ask for assistance, also were you marred to a Green Card Holder or to a US Citizen, because from my understanding that also plays a roll how fast the will scheduled a interview ( if you are married to a green Card Holder you have to wait for a visa to become available and if you are married to  USC i interview will be schedule when a slot becomes available ) I apologies if my information is incorrect. 

29 minutes ago, gurgen said:

Hi all!

Thanks.

Your case might be at local office. Yes, you need to follow up with your congress person 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.