2,976 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, GreenB said:

Hi everyone,

What do you guys think about using AP while waiting for an AOS interview? My case was approved mid January 2020, I got my c31 EAD but other than that nothing yet. My current AP expires in May. And my dad is dealing with cancer and going through chemotheraphy.  Idk if I should go see him before my AP expires. Even if I apply for a new AP I think it may be risky to leave the country after May. They may send me a notice or anything. And if everything goes well and I get my GC it won't be before the end of this year probably.

I went to see my dad last December after he had his first surgery but I just feel bad not being able to support him during this time.

What do you guys think? Is it safe to travel with an almost expired AP while waiting for an AOS interview? I'm thinking about a trip in early April since my current AP expires on 5/9/2010.

@sandranj  @Stillwinning!!!😊 I'd really appreciate your thoughts about this...

You can travel as long as your AP is valid..the clause is..do NOT exceed the validity of the document! So if you're able to manage it then good..otherwise you may be asking for trouble. Go see your dad though. I'm daddy's girl..I'll definitely go see my dad if I were in your shoes!😊👍

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

@sandranj and @Stillwinning!!!😊 please help and guide me-- there is 4/5 weeks difference IN MY PLACE OF RESIDENCE as it mentioned on my Form G-325A filled with I485 originally, and form I -360. I' ve an explanation but do you think it will be hurdle in I360 approval? 

13 minutes ago, Hritik Rohail said:

@sandranj and @Stillwinning!!!😊 please help and guide me-- there is 4/5 weeks difference IN MY PLACE OF RESIDENCE as it mentioned on my Form G-325A filled with I485 originally, and form I -360. I' ve an explanation but do you think it will be hurdle in I360 approval? 

I-360 is a different petition so I'm thinking it won't affect it. If anything, it will be addressed when you go for your i485 interview. Now let's wait for Sandra to give her legal input.👍

Timeline
3 hours ago, AJJU said:

Don't know how present that 😞

why they are saying that photos are not enough. you submitted just one events photos?  what kind of text messages you sent. I got scared when I saw this. I also provided same documents like you. but they contains more specific info. Is there a age difference between you and your spouse. like he or she was younger than you. give us some info what you sent specificity.

Filed: Other Timeline

Dear community - can someone please advise: I have filed I-360 and I-485 concurrently. I did not include the medical exam report as waiting time is so long now for vawa process. Is it required to submit medical exam with I-485? Will I get an RFE and is it best to take medical exam and mail it now? USCIS site says one can present medical exam at the interview. I am confused. The wait has been more than a year now since filling.

On 3/3/2020 at 1:34 PM, sandranj said:

PRECIOUS 100 you just need the I-360 receipt to file the I-485/I-765. You don't need to wait your VAWA to be approved to submit form I-485, considering that your husband is a U.S Citizen.

Thank you very much dear Sandra. God will bless you more for your help. I'll do that. Please how much is 485, 765 and i-131 ?

31 minutes ago, ponak98 said:

Dear community - can someone please advise: I have filed I-360 and I-485 concurrently. I did not include the medical exam report as waiting time is so long now for vawa process. Is it required to submit medical exam with I-485? Will I get an RFE and is it best to take medical exam and mail it now? USCIS site says one can present medical exam at the interview. I am confused. The wait has been more than a year now since filling.

We usually receive a courtesy letter for medicals to bring at the time of interview. I haven’t submitted my medicals as well. Waiting for my courtesy letter

8 minutes ago, Shroy123 said:

We usually receive a courtesy letter for medicals to bring at the time of interview. I haven’t submitted my medicals as well. Waiting for my courtesy letter

Thank you. Is courtesy letter separate from interview notice letter? Isn’t it RFE?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Shroy123 said:

Your RFE has the answer. You need to submit your joint tax returns, joint bank statements, marriage certificate and pictures, affidavits from friends/family who attended weddings, pics of you two together

he says he doesnt have them. he knows what he sees he need help. You are not helping at all.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
7 hours ago, AJJU said:

i received a huge RFE 429571255_ScreenShot2020-03-04at8_16_32AM.thumb.jpg.f7a6ae934a65a2c780a138507f25590d.jpg1660373188_ScreenShot2020-03-04at8_17_07AM.thumb.jpg.4b129be9064083d471cc6b65a775b788.jpg

@AJJU draft your detailed reply in light of Stillwining !!! advice. For your information it may include;

What to mention in your affidavit about Courtship and Marriage.

When and Where did you meet your husband?

How long did you date before you were married?

How often did you talk to him/her?

When did  you tell your family and friends about him/her

When did he tell your family and friends about you?

What do you have in common with him/her? age, religion, sports?

Describe what did you use to do when dating? movies, dinner out, visiting parks, trips together? describe

Where did you spend the holidays when dating and/or engaged( Valentine's day, Christmas, New Year, your birthday, his/her birthday, Thanksgiving?

Tell about how you fell in love

Tell about he/she fell in love

When did he/she propose? 

Did you buy or get a ring?

Did you call your family to let them know about the engagement, how did they react?

Describe the wedding, who attended

How and with who did you celebrate your wedding? party, dinner out? friends, family, co-workers?

Describe what he/she wore on the wedding day? describe the mood, anxious, happy?

Tell about the marriage, how long everything was ok, when did start the abuse?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
5 hours ago, GreenB said:

What do you guys think? Is it safe to travel with an almost expired AP while waiting for an AOS interview? I'm thinking about a trip in early April since my current AP expires on 5/9/2010.

As long as you were to return in ample time, your AP is good until it expires.  If you return here during April, you should be fine.  (Have someone trustworthy collect your mail in case an AOS interview notice arrives.)

Consider, however, whether your destination country might be quarantined or a travel ban issued because of the coronavirus.  (This might be only a very low-level concern.)

This might be worth a phone call to a CBP (Customs & Border Protection) port.  Ask to speak to the supervisor on duty, explain your immigration status, and ask what might happen if you intend to return on a timely basis but a coronavirus ban on travel is issued while you're away.  If you make this call, let us know what you learn.

I apologize to you if I'm overthinking this! :P 

Seriously, blessings to you and your dad.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.