Greenbaum

MARCH 2020 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to Embassy

694 posts in this topic

Good morning. Here is the latest on COVID-19.

2020-03-19_7-00-26.jpg

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

19 hours ago, Walder&Trevisa said:

Yay happy to be here now!! Okay going back to the first page now to check out this PDF everyone is talking about lol 

Yaaaaaaay Trevisa!! We both got our NOA2!! ♥️♥️♥️♥️

Packet Sent 10/18

Delivered to Lockbox 10/21

Fee Paid 10/25

NOA1 10/25 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
On 3/9/2020 at 1:56 PM, Greenbaum said:

Interview instructions

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1F7jC3hxQrLCQRa-Mus1xSPfR-V1t5x3K/view?usp=sharing

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/iv-dv-supplemental/DBL_ Dublin.pdf

Dublin Embassy website

https://ie.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/

Interview preparations

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/interview/interview-prepare.html

Medical information

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/interview/interview-prepare/medical-examination.html

Immigration Portal VJ

http://www.visajourney.com/portals/index.php?country=Ireland

Dublin visa information from VJ Portal

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Ireland&cty=Dublin

Here is a thread that had some discussion about the Embassy procedure there in Ireland.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/673780-dublin-embassy-how-long-after-submitting-a-notice-of-readiness-were-you-contacted/

The embassy only interviews once a month.

If you find anything not up to date or the information is wrong, please share your findings. Please compare the date of the P3 of mine with the date from your copy, once you receive yours from your embassy. Keep in mind that I try and be factual with my information, but I can't do it on my own and that's where you come in and can give back to the community those who come behind you. Without others ahead of you I would not be able to provide this to you.  I can only share factual information if folks like you continue to be my eyes and ears for your embassy. I wish you much success in your visa journey.

Do you have P3 for Haiti, k1 visa? And thank you for your helps

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
8 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Those in the military I have their back. I was in the Navy, my SIL and his brother are in the Navy and my step son has the desire to join the Navy when he finishes HS next year. We stand PROUD.

I'm glad some of the tips are working for you. This is an elephant and in order to eat it, it has to be done one bite at a time. So get the tiny wins and the big one will arrive. Let me know if I can help in the future. Thank your fiance for his service. Salute!

I saw you’re actually an expert when it comes to k1 visas and unfortunately USCIS helplines are sometimes not really reliable. My fiancé, the petitioner and military member, called them earlier explaining we haven’t received our NOA2 letter yet but we’d want to submit an expedite request to NVC as soon as possible considering how quickly everything is escalating. We obviously know NVC hasn’t received our petition yet, but we’d want to move in advance to see what they could say. The officer told him we can do it already (submit the expedite processing request to NVC) as the case number remains the same. I wanted to ask you, is that true? 
From my understanding it changes after you’re approved, but I’m not sure about it. We’re trying our best as my fiancé will be leaving soon for an extended period of time and I won’t be able to join him if we’re not married first. Obviously this is simply an attempt but we thought it wouldn’t hurt too much to try. Please let me know.

Thank you so much! 

31 minutes ago, Reyess said:

I saw you’re actually an expert when it comes to k1 visas and unfortunately USCIS helplines are sometimes not really reliable. My fiancé, the petitioner and military member, called them earlier explaining we haven’t received our NOA2 letter yet but we’d want to submit an expedite request to NVC as soon as possible considering how quickly everything is escalating. We obviously know NVC hasn’t received our petition yet, but we’d want to move in advance to see what they could say. The officer told him we can do it already (submit the expedite processing request to NVC) as the case number remains the same. I wanted to ask you, is that true? 
From my understanding it changes after you’re approved, but I’m not sure about it. We’re trying our best as my fiancé will be leaving soon for an extended period of time and I won’t be able to join him if we’re not married first. Obviously this is simply an attempt but we thought it wouldn’t hurt too much to try. Please let me know.

Thank you so much! 

Usually the change because the some kind of secret code that USCIS uses. Much like the case number that NVC assigns. You can decipher thee receipt number. Call USCIS help line again and ask for a tier 2 agent and they should be able to look that up. Then connect with NVC. good luck.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, ashley_ann said:

Good morning everyone, I’m sure everyone is on edge today with news looming of more border closures etc. From this Covid 19. Remember we have a community of support here and things might get harder before they get better but we are still walking towards the end goal. 

My fiancé left for the USA this morning as Canada and the USA begin to close the border taking effect tomorrow night. It was so hard as we knew for many reasons the next time we saw each other wouldn’t be for a very long time. I’m hoping he will come home to a hard copy of our NOA2 so we can start tracking our case at the NVC stage. 

Remember kindness everyone, we are in this together ❤️

I'm glad your fiance is able to make the trip before the border closes, and I hope the entry goes well!

We're really stressing about the travel restrictions as my fiancee planned to come visit next week. As of right now everything is OK, but it seems like there are more extreme measures being implemented every day.

I hope everyone is able to stay positive and get through this difficult and uncertain time! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 3/18/2020 at 4:55 AM, Greenbaum said:

That answer depends.

1. Read the PDF file on the first page and many of your questions will be answered.

2. If they are shipping then I could answer your question with a little more authority but you would need to complete your profile. Here is how to do that.

We need a little housekeeping on your end. Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline OR your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine their Embassy. The country that should be used is the country where the interview will take place.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

Go to the top right of this page select your name (it's on the upper right-hand corner)>my profile>[below your picture on the right column] edit my profile. Scroll to the bottom and fill in "Immigration Info". There now we can better serve you.

Once you finish that then return and you will see a flag in your profile. Select it and see what wonderful information will open up for you.

Thanks

@Greenbaum I went onto the NVC site that you have and it is for questions. i entered the reason is to update my email (although they have the correct email) and updating my finance's email but that was on Tuesday. should i have received any correspondence back from them? if so i haven't. thank you

11 minutes ago, Ukrainian Queen said:

@Greenbaum I went onto the NVC site that you have and it is for questions. i entered the reason is to update my email (although they have the correct email) and updating my finance's email but that was on Tuesday. should i have received any correspondence back from them? if so i haven't. thank you

No correspondent to confirm your update will be forthcoming.

BTW, you don't have to quote me and use the "@". The "@" is all that is necessary to advise me that you have tagged me to a question or comment. :D

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

No correspondent to confirm your update will be forthcoming.

BTW, you don't have to quote me and use the "@". The "@" is all that is necessary to advise me that you have tagged me to a question or comment. :D

thank you 

3 hours ago, Gloom said:

Hi @Greenbaum, do you have the P3 for Portugal (or is it Paris, France considering that's where my interview will happen)?

If your interview is in at Paris France then you will need the P3 from there. Please change your country so it reflects the embassy in which you will interview. Here is a gif to help you navigate to making the change.

Country and Visa Type: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RyJiLo_7WTmqvkzXXqLuOlVHm9oyhAES/view?usp=sharing

https://fr.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/PRS-Paris.html

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g3Kap3mdru6wVgE95v0aLDs7kCvUk3BP/view?usp=sharing

If the appointment is past your NOA2 expiration date you have to bring a letter requesting an extension from the petitioner on the day of the interview + updated intent to marry from both of you .

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

If your interview is in at Paris France then you will need the P3 from there. Please change your country so it reflects the embassy in which you will interview. Here is a gif to help you navigate to making the change.

Country and Visa Type: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RyJiLo_7WTmqvkzXXqLuOlVHm9oyhAES/view?usp=sharing

https://fr.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/PRS-Paris.html

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g3Kap3mdru6wVgE95v0aLDs7kCvUk3BP/view?usp=sharing

If the appointment is past your NOA2 expiration date you have to bring a letter requesting an extension from the petitioner on the day of the interview + updated intent to marry from both of you .

Thank you.

I live in/am immigrating from Portugal, and have seen other Portuguese members with Portugal as their listed country. Do I still have to change it?

Also, none of the links in the PDF are working. I've tried different browsers and they all show as invalid. :(

12 hours ago, Gloom said:

Thank you.

I live in/am immigrating from Portugal, and have seen other Portuguese members with Portugal as their listed country. Do I still have to change it?

Also, none of the links in the PDF are working. I've tried different browsers and they all show as invalid. :(

Each of the links work for me. Maybe it's your internet service provider. Keep trying as they do work. 

As far as changing your profile here is my perspective.  I will not go digging around in your profile or your timeline to try and figure out where you are interviewing from BECAUSE I'm not going to waste my time nor am I going to give you wrong information to your questions because you want to politically correct for your friends. I do you use your profile to determine the answer to your questions.  Many embassies do things differently from each other. So if you want wrong information then leave it as is. No one is forcing you to change it.  But you should consider making it easier for others to answer your questions.

Let me give you another example. Suppose you have a question and I see you'rr from Portugal so I begin searching for the answer to help you. I spend 10 to 15 min to find the answer. I then post a return reply to your question and you come back and say that doesn't work for France. GRRRR!! :bonk:  That would only happen one time with me and you would be blocked from me seeing any new questions. Put my shoes on and walk a mile and see how you would feel. That's my opinion.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
8 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Each of the links work for me. Maybe it's your internet service provider. Keep trying as they do work. 

As far as changing your profile here is my perspective.  I will not go digging around in your profile or your timeline to try and figure out where you are interviewing from BECAUSE I'm not going to waste my time nor am I going to give you wrong information to your questions because you want to politically correct for your friends. I do you use your profile to determine the answer to your questions.  Many embassies do things differently from each other. So if you want wrong information then leave it as is. No one is forcing you to change it.  But you should consider making it easier for others to answer your questions.

Let me give you another example. Suppose you have a question and I see you'rr from Portugal so I begin searching for the answer to help you. I spend 10 to 15 min to find the answer. I then post a return reply to your question and you come back and say that doesn't work for France. GRRRR!! :bonk:  That would only happen one time with me and you would be blocked from me seeing any new questions. Put my shoes on and walk a mile and see how you would feel. That's my opinion.

I had no ill intentions with my question, just looking to understand. Thank you again and I apologize for wasting your time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.