Greenbaum

MARCH 2020 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to Embassy

694 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Sara1102 said:

Hi again,

I saw that someone asked if you have the packet of their country... i am asking if you have the last one for italy because on the embassy website the link isn't available... thank you so much

P3 Letter

https://drive.google.com/file/d/133TzZ6AdCvMncoaXhsg9WANs2ikwIrB8/view?usp=sharing

Vaccinations

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RJSmNlmpr9iM_cUfxJ9t84uAhXAUgDdP/view?usp=sharing

IMBRA Pamphlet

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XPeC5-YGZuFtqNUp1k36UPk8d6niiHmb/view?usp=sharing

Embassy portal
http://www.visajourney.com/portals/index.php?country=Italy

Embassy instructions from VJ members
http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Italy&cty=Naples

Embassy reviews from VJ members who have completed their interview
http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Italy

Sub-forum for your country or region on VJ
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/95-europe-amp-eurasia-except-the-uk-and-russia/

Also this is a good thread to read. https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/665869-naples-italy-my-entire-k-1-visa-process-step-by-step-2018/

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

38 minutes ago, msrodriguez said:

A question for the experts 😄

I logged into UStravelDocs to start on our DS160. It appears as though everything was saved from last time and I don’t have to actually fill anything out, just make the payment. My only concern is that the AA number from our first DS160 is still in there. Will that be an issue later? 

Log into https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/ and retrieve the prior application then apply the new DS-160. Your previous details will be there so you only need to update some of your information.

Then go to http://cdn.ustraveldocs.com/au/index.html?firstTime=No to pay the fee. When on that website, tick IMMIGRANT APPLICATION >  K1 > ADDRESS > PAYMENT.

If this fails to work then call ustravel at 703.544.7842 to clear up any problems.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Just now, Greenbaum said:

Log into https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/ and retrieve the prior application then apply the new DS-160. Your previous details will be there so you only need to update some of your information.

Then go to http://cdn.ustraveldocs.com/au/index.html?firstTime=No to pay the fee. When on that website, tick IMMIGRANT APPLICATION >  K1 > ADDRESS > PAYMENT.

If this fails to work then call ustravel at 703.544.7842 to clear up any problems.

Thank you!! 

Packet Sent 10/18

Delivered to Lockbox 10/21

Fee Paid 10/25

NOA1 10/25 

6 minutes ago, msrodriguez said:

Thank you!! 

Duhhhhhhhh lol Now it makes sense 

Packet Sent 10/18

Delivered to Lockbox 10/21

Fee Paid 10/25

NOA1 10/25 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 3/24/2020 at 6:54 AM, Greenbaum said:

You submit the email to NVC after you have been notified with your NOA2.

If you look at "the BOX" (in the center of the form) that is where you enter the petitioner's email, DOB and the beneficiary's just below the petitioners with their personal information. See the example. 

If you go back and reread that section, I tried to do the best I could to explain it so their were no ambiguity as to what I was trying to show. If for some reason you see a need for me to change something to make it much more clearer, please pass it forward and I can make the changes. I had someone this morning catch something that I missed on this form and that is the "principle" is the beneficiary and NOT the petitioner as I have it in the example.

Thanks for using the PDF.

@Greenbaum hey thanks for the clarification 

I had already filled it as per the example in the PDF but I did include my email (the beneficiary) in the box. Should I leave it as is or should I re submit it as I’m the “principle”. I think if I’m understanding this all correctly? 

1 hour ago, ashley_ann said:

@Greenbaum hey thanks for the clarification 

I had already filled it as per the example in the PDF but I did include my email (the beneficiary) in the box. Should I leave it as is or should I re submit it as I’m the “principle”. I think if I’m understanding this all correctly? 

Both goes in the box. Petitioner first then the beneficiary. Overthinking? I have a new diagram that shows both in the box. Download the new addition.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Hello - I have three questions - highlighted in red, below. 

I have received NOA2 and I received my case number and my invoice ID number from the NVC.  As we all know, visa operations at U.S. embassies have been suspended for now.

1) According to the shared doc NOA 2 First Page of new Month (2).docx, it seems that at this point, I can complete DS-160 - but given the situation, do I still proceed with that? The letter I received from the NVC states:

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your fiancé (e)’s/spouse’s approved I-129F petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). NVC will now forward the petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in Georgetown., Guyana. Please note that the transfer process can take several weeks. The U.S. Embassy or Consulate will contact your fiancé (e)/spouse when they are ready to process his or her petition. Next steps: Go to our website http://nvc.state.gov/k1 to learn how to apply for a K visa and prepare for the visa interview.

When I go to the website and scroll down to my step, it says,

The NVC will mail you a letter when it sends your fiancé(e) case to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Once you receive this letter, inform your fiancé(e) to take the below-listed actions to apply for a K-1 visa and prepare for the interview. You, the foreign-citizen fiancé(e), (and eligible children applying for K-2 visas) will be required to bring the following forms and documents to the visa interview: Completed Form DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application. You (and any eligible children applying for K-2 visas) must: (1) complete Form DS-160 and (2) print the DS-160 confirmation page to bring to your interview.

So I have received that letter right? Will there be another letter once the case arrives in Georgetown? 

2) Also, I checked CEAC and I received the message (see attached file) - "ready." Of course, I have not received any notification of an interview appointment (since the embassies are not scheduling them right now). Based on my case status, am I at the "first ready" or the "second ready"?

Thank you for your help!

CEAC Ready.JPG

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

@Greenbaum Sorry if this has been asked already, but with everything that is going on, will we have an opportunity to request an extension on our NOA2 deadline if we need it? Not to get into specifics, but it will be a challenge right now to gather all of the documents we need in a timely manner. I know we have 4 months on paper, but that is already down to only three because of closed border situations and could be longer.

I appreciate any info.

Thanks,

2 hours ago, GMDub said:

Hello - I have three questions - highlighted in red, below. 

I have received NOA2 and I received my case number and my invoice ID number from the NVC.  As we all know, visa operations at U.S. embassies have been suspended for now.

Q1 - Yes according to the Greenbaum Times, you can begin to complete the DS-160 and submit the same.

Q2 - The letter will have your NVC number.

Q3 -  Follow the embassy instructions for scheduling your appointment as your embassy does not schedule the appointments.

The following are required for the visa interview.
1.    Fill out the online DS-160 visa application form by following the instructions at https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/. Print and keep the DS-160 confirmation barcode page for submission on your day of interview.
2.    Visa Application Fee: $265 or its equivalent in Ghana Cedis must be paid at any branch of Guaranty Trust Bank in Ghana. Be sure to keep the payment receipt number. This fee is non-refundable.
3.    Schedule the interview: You must schedule your visa interview appointment by following the instructions at http://www.ustraveldocs.com. You will need your payment receipt to schedule the interview.
4.    International Passport: Your passport must be valid for at least six months past your planned date of arrival in the United States.

Your overthinking the process. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

16 minutes ago, USUK8 said:

@Greenbaum Sorry if this has been asked already, but with everything that is going on, will we have an opportunity to request an extension on our NOA2 deadline if we need it? Not to get into specifics, but it will be a challenge right now to gather all of the documents we need in a timely manner. I know we have 4 months on paper, but that is already down to only three because of closed border situations and could be longer.

I appreciate any info.

Thanks,

The latest copy of the Greenbaum Times (download a new copy) and follow along with #27.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

There is a new copy (check each week for changes) with new tips in the Greenbaum Times. Download the PDF from the first page, first entry. Read it carefully. Please stop overthinking this process. Do what it says and you will be fine. You don't need to reconfirm what you have read with me because I spell it out there because I know a thing or two because I have seen a thing or two. :thumbs:

If you feel there is an error or something doesn't sound right, I am open to constructive criticism. I actually welcome it. :yes: 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Greenbaum said:

The latest copy of the Greenbaum Times (download a new copy) and follow along with #27.

How do we access Greenbaum Times? I looked thru the forum briefly and I must be missing something...

Thank you in advance.

25 minutes ago, RPete said:

How do we access Greenbaum Times? I looked thru the forum briefly and I must be missing something...

Thank you in advance.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.