199 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

We are about 2-3 weeks from submitting all of our paperwork. Filing I-130 and I-485 concurrently. Given the new information about the I-944 being put on pause, do you think we should submit it anyways since we have all the paperwork done? If anything, it probably gives strong evidence in our case. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
11 hours ago, Pickle_slushy said:

We are about 2-3 weeks from submitting all of our paperwork. Filing I-130 and I-485 concurrently. Given the new information about the I-944 being put on pause, do you think we should submit it anyways since we have all the paperwork done? If anything, it probably gives strong evidence in our case. 

We were set to mail ours out yesterday until I found out last minute about the injunction. We are now not sending our I-944 and supporting documents. The "Injunction of the Inadmissibility on Public Charge Grounds Final Rule" section on the USCIS website specifically states not to include it. I printed the injunction page out from the USCIS website and sending it with my packet. 

IMG_9725.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm just waiting for a copy of my marriage certificate to mail in with my petitions. I will still mail in my I-944 form with I-785. I don't want to get a RFE. If it is not needed, I assume the USCIS will just disregard the I-944.

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 3:12 AM, Jsg2016 said:

We were set to mail ours out yesterday until I found out last minute about the injunction. We are now not sending our I-944 and supporting documents. The "Injunction of the Inadmissibility on Public Charge Grounds Final Rule" section on the USCIS website specifically states not to include it. I printed the injunction page out from the USCIS website and sending it with my packet. 

IMG_9725.jpg

Not sending it in either as the website specifically says "Applicants and petitioners whose applications or petitions are postmarked on or after July 29, 2020, should not include the Form I-944 or provide information about the receipt of public benefits on Form I-485, Form I-129, Form I-129CW, Form I-539, or Form I-539A."

Do not want application rejected due to including this in.

Edited by INF

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
4 hours ago, INF said:

Does anyone have the form that I can use? Since I cannot find it online! 

After consulting with my attorney, I sent my package without the i944 last week.

USCIS website clearly states that they are not going to reject/deny any application based on inclusion or exclusion if i944. If the rules change and they require the i944 in future, I have the form and docs ready to ship.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
4 hours ago, INF said:

Does anyone have the form that I can use? Since I cannot find it online! 

If you still need the form. here you goi944.pdf

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hey ya'll! Wondering about the i-944!

On Page 14 questions #61 "Are you exempt from the public charge ground of inadmissibility?" 

Since we don't have to submit this as of now - is the answer yes or no? 

Also another random question about the Form I-94. I don't know or think we were ever issued one. I did go on the govt website and I pulled the travel history - but I don't think there was a formal issuance? 

FYI we are K-1 files, now married in the US and adjusting status.

Thank you ❤️

1 minute ago, Mackznie said:

Hey ya'll! Wondering about the i-944!

On Page 14 questions #61 "Are you exempt from the public charge ground of inadmissibility?" 

Since we don't have to submit this as of now - is the answer yes or no? 

Also another random question about the Form I-94. I don't know or think we were ever issued one. I did go on the govt website and I pulled the travel history - but I don't think there was a formal issuance? 

FYI we are K-1 files, now married in the US and adjusting status.

Thank you ❤️

We sent the I-485/765/131 earlier this week without the I-944 (although we are still gathering evidence in case it is needed in the future). We answered "No" to question 61 on the I-485.

If the electronic I-94 shows up properly, that should be all you need.

My wife did get a paper I-94 at the point of entry that was stapled to her passport page but it was filled out very messily by hand. The electronic I-94 did not show her most recent arrival, so we went to the CBP office at the local airport (https://www.cbp.gov/contact/ports/deferred-inspection-sites) and it took about 30 minutes for them to update the electronic record using the information from her passport. When we submitted the AOS package, we used a printout of the electronic version since it was much easier to read.

• 4 months later...

Hi all,

So thankfull for everyone's input.
For the most recent tax year I have worked in the US and my home country.
What income do I list at 'total income from tax return or Item 1 on W-2 "wages, tips, other compensation" (US dollars) (if applicable)'

Do I just list my US income for 2019 or do I add both my foreign and US income in dollars and list that?
@YvetteS Any ideas? Really appreciate you all.

Schermopname (338).png

12 minutes ago, Ditte A said:

Hi all,

So thankfull for everyone's input.
For the most recent tax year I have worked in the US and my home country.
What income do I list at 'total income from tax return or Item 1 on W-2 "wages, tips, other compensation" (US dollars) (if applicable)' imageproxy.php?img=&key=da9b9b78549feebe

Do I just list my US income for 2019 or do I add both my foreign and US income in dollars and list that?
@YvetteS Any ideas? Really appreciate you all.

Schermopname (338).png

I didn’t add my income from my country cause I didn’t paid taxes for U.S.

Edited by Nastya_7smile

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.