199 posts in this topic

Just now, Ditte A said:

Thanks for your input! Yeah, ok this is what I am thinking so far as well.

You are welcome!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Does anyone know about the documentation provided about education?  In the instructions you can read this:

Foreign education should include an evaluation of equivalency to education or degrees acquired at accredited colleges, universities, or educational institutions in the United States. For a list of organizations that provide equivalency evaluation, see the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), at http://www.naces.org/members.htm.

I have a copy of my bachelor, copy of my grades, scores, awards and all that but if I go to those websites to get the equivalency evaluation, besides they ask you to send a letter to my school, and they will send the official documents to them seems like an endless hustle, other websites ask you for the original documents which I don't have them with me, and all of them all around $100.

Does anyone just send copies of these documents and a simple translation?

I'm in the US btw

Thanks!

Our Journey:

Feb 18th, 2021: Package sent, including: I-130 + I-130A, I-485 + I944 + I-693 + I-864, I-765) and I-131 through USPS

Feb 24th, 2021: USCIS received the package

Apr 5th, 2021: Package rejected, received back (Payment issue)

Apr 6th, 2021: Resent Package through USPS

Apr 7th, 2021: USCIS received the package @ Chicago Lockbox

May 21st, 2021: Checks cashed

May 23rd, 2021: Received the Text Messages with receipt number 

July 2nd, 2021: I-693 Deficiency Notice Received

July 8th, 2021: Expedite Request Received

July 16th, 2021: Received Fingerprint Appointment Letter

August 6th, 2021: Fingerprints Taken

August 9th, 2021: Changed of Address request AR-11online (Beneficiary) and filed I-865 Address Change of my husband (Sponsor)

August 13th, 2021: Confirmation mail: Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview

November 17th, 2021: EAD Delivered

March 15th, 2022: Interview Scheduled

April 21th, 2022: Interview / New Card Being Produced

April 22th, 2022: Case Was Approved

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Serbia
Timeline
17 hours ago, alv&josh said:

Does anyone know about the documentation provided about education?  In the instructions you can read this:

I have a copy of my bachelor, copy of my grades, scores, awards and all that but if I go to those websites to get the equivalency evaluation, besides they ask you to send a letter to my school, and they will send the official documents to them seems like an endless hustle, other websites ask you for the original documents which I don't have them with me, and all of them all around $100.

Does anyone just send copies of these documents and a simple translation?

I'm in the US btw

Thanks!

I'm wondering about that as well. A lot of people had their diplomas evaluated and doing that would be your safest bet so do that if you can. I'll just send copies and hope for the best because I need to send the i944 in a couple of days 😬

AOS

08/03/20 - AOS (I-485, I-864, I-765, I-131) sent to Chicago lockbox

08/07/20 - USCIS received AOS documents

08/21/20 - Check cashed

08/26/20 - Received text messages

08/31/20 - Received NOA1 in mail (I-485, I-765, I-131) notice date: 08/25

11/09/20 - RFE for I-944 (due 02/04/21) sent the response 02/01/21

01/22/21 - Biometrics appointment for I-765 and I-131

02/23/2021 - Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview

04/05/2021 - EAD and AP approved

04/09/2021 - Received EAD/AP approval notices

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
4 hours ago, PoohPiglet said:

I'm wondering about that as well. A lot of people had their diplomas evaluated and doing that would be your safest bet so do that if you can. I'll just send copies and hope for the best because I need to send the i944 in a couple of days 😬

I already started to make the equivalence at the WES website, I already paid, so I'm on board of that, I'm just going to put a deadline, we are working on our papers since January 1st and still not done with them, I want to send them soon :(

good luck!

Our Journey:

Feb 18th, 2021: Package sent, including: I-130 + I-130A, I-485 + I944 + I-693 + I-864, I-765) and I-131 through USPS

Feb 24th, 2021: USCIS received the package

Apr 5th, 2021: Package rejected, received back (Payment issue)

Apr 6th, 2021: Resent Package through USPS

Apr 7th, 2021: USCIS received the package @ Chicago Lockbox

May 21st, 2021: Checks cashed

May 23rd, 2021: Received the Text Messages with receipt number 

July 2nd, 2021: I-693 Deficiency Notice Received

July 8th, 2021: Expedite Request Received

July 16th, 2021: Received Fingerprint Appointment Letter

August 6th, 2021: Fingerprints Taken

August 9th, 2021: Changed of Address request AR-11online (Beneficiary) and filed I-865 Address Change of my husband (Sponsor)

August 13th, 2021: Confirmation mail: Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview

November 17th, 2021: EAD Delivered

March 15th, 2022: Interview Scheduled

April 21th, 2022: Interview / New Card Being Produced

April 22th, 2022: Case Was Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.