Cecilia & Jorge

I130 cases transferred to vermont 2020 (merged)

631 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
On 5/15/2021 at 2:04 AM, Waitingfor10 said:

So our case was "touched" I believe today. In my app it shows the same message was sent again today "Case was Received and a Receipt Notice was Sent." 

The first time they sent this message  back last year it said "Emailed" instead of "sent" another user in our forum here pointed that out.  But could it mean they are doing something with our case, why else would they send out the same message again? It happened to several cases that I follow in my app. Only I can't tell if their case is in Vermont, but it happened today.

Has this happened to anyone else before? Just curious..

my case changed to "sent" too.

It's a long long journey till i find my way home to you

I-751 Timeline

1/3 Filled I-751 and Sent on 1/10

1/17 Got USCIS IOE#.Case was received and a receipt notice was sent.

1/23 Check cashed

1/26 Case Tracker update :Biometrics appointment was scheduled.

2/2 Received Bio appointment in mail and rescheduled the bio appointment online

2/6 Received  NOA and extension letter in mail

2/7 Done Bio in person and status changed to "Actively reviewed"

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi, i just found out my case were transfered to Vermont today. We filed online and receievd NOA1 on October 2 2020. The orginal service center is Nebraska. I am in Quebec Canada and my petition is in MA USA. I was so panic at frist but after some post. I felt this is not as bad as it sounded ( aka processing timeline on USCIS website for Vermont). I really missed my husband and want to join him to start our family together. Please give me some hope and courage. Thanks all for all the contribution. You guys save my day

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Has anyone had any movement on their case in this group?

We have not, still waiting since June 2020, case transferred from TSC to VT in February of this year. I wonder does the "clock" start ticking back from 0 when its transferred or does the time the case is spent at the previous service center count?

Hey Guys

My wife's I-130 is still pending from Sep 2019. I know most of the 2019 filers case are already approved. I have reached out to my senator and they said nothing could be done as this is processing delays. My lawyer tells the same. I am US citizen and my wife is outside the US. Please suggest what should I do. Any help will be greatly appreciated

Timeline
12 hours ago, FaithandPatience said:

Hey Guys

My wife's I-130 is still pending from Sep 2019. I know most of the 2019 filers case are already approved. I have reached out to my senator and they said nothing could be done as this is processing delays. My lawyer tells the same. I am US citizen and my wife is outside the US. Please suggest what should I do. Any help will be greatly appreciated

Not sure where you've heard about most 2019 cases being already approved. June 2019 filer here, still in the queue for approval.

Anyways, try filing I-129F or put forward expedite request if you've a valid reason for it, otherwise pray and wait like others are doing.

Wish you all the best!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
11 hours ago, KBB15 said:

@oscar12 I called them...And the NOA1 that I received in the mail said Vermont but the online account said Nebraska...Thats why I called to be sure of which service center and I was advised that I am at the Vermont center but luckily I was approved within 60 days or so.

Edited by oscar12

• 3 weeks later...

So an update on my case filed Sept 2020. Originally at Nebraska and sent to Vermont without any notification like most people. I had put in for a request to expedite and was told they are unable to make a decision on it because I'm waiting on my security check. Now as far as I'm aware the security check consists of an FBI background check, fingerprints and an FBI name search. I have never been sent a request for fingerprints. I'm a federal employee working under the US DOD so have had a federal background check and fingerprinting. Wondering if this maybe the reason is why its been so long without my case being reviewed. Anyone else experience this? I've also sent in an official Request for Help with a Federal Agency to my Congresswoman. I spoke to her office last month and they sent it to USCIS and was told they give them 30 days to respond. So waiting for that. Anyone else on this situation?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Crabby1 said:

So an update on my case filed Sept 2020. Originally at Nebraska and sent to Vermont without any notification like most people. I had put in for a request to expedite and was told they are unable to make a decision on it because I'm waiting on my security check. Now as far as I'm aware the security check consists of an FBI background check, fingerprints and an FBI name search. I have never been sent a request for fingerprints. I'm a federal employee working under the US DOD so have had a federal background check and fingerprinting. Wondering if this maybe the reason is why its been so long without my case being reviewed. Anyone else experience this? I've also sent in an official Request for Help with a Federal Agency to my Congresswoman. I spoke to her office last month and they sent it to USCIS and was told they give them 30 days to respond. So waiting for that. Anyone else on this situation?

Hi can u please fill your timeline so it's easy for us to see the dates and is your spouse is  in overseas ?

16 hours ago, Crabby1 said:

I had put in for a request to expedite and was told they are unable to make a decision on it because I'm waiting on my security check.

This VJ member's case is not in Vermont, but she was also told her case is pending security check --

• 3 months later...

Anyone got approved at Vermont recently? We found out we have been transferred to Vermont. Really starting to hate the completely unknown timelines for approval for this first step.

why is it so hard for them to look at/approve cases in order they are submitted as that would be fair and then we would have some idea on timeframes!

On 11/10/2021 at 2:45 PM, webber777 said:

Anyone got approved at Vermont recently? We found out we have been transferred to Vermont. Really starting to hate the completely unknown timelines for approval for this first step.

why is it so hard for them to look at/approve cases in order they are submitted as that would be fair and then we would have some idea on timeframes!

Welcome to the black hole. My case has been sitting dormant since Sept 2020. People blame COVID back up but my daughter's case was under review after less than 60 days. I can only think everything that's been happening at the border this year has only taken away resources that would be helping us also. Everything I've tried to help my case had the same response. My security background check hasn't come back yet. if that's the case why did my daughters application get reviewed in less than 60days??? i used the same information. 

Crabby1,

Currently processing time is showing as Nov 7 2020 for I-130 petitions in IR1 category at Vermont, so you are eligible to submit a request for outside normal processing time request. They should answer you back in few weeks. Hopefully this helps and you get approved soon.

Edited by FaithandPatience

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.