DELETEME1234

February 2020 AOS Filers (mod edit to title)

498 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
2 hours ago, mvasantos said:

I posted on the May thread but did you guys see that ppl from June arre already getting their biometrics appt and we still nothing? It's just insane how USCIS is working.

I think that really depend on which state u r in and how ready ur local office is for opening up to public ....

Want to know more about apply for K1 VISA / Green card in TAIWAN? come visit my blog https://summerprincess.pixnet.net/blog

Just got our interview appointment in the mail today for the end of August! Strangely, my EAD/AP status is still stuck at "fingerprints taken" since March 😕 not sure what to think about that but hopefully we are close to the finish line.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Portugal
Timeline

Hi so my ASC is Riverside, CA. 

I filed my AOS case with EAD on February 22nd. 

Then I received two Biometrics appointments that were scheduled on March 27th and 31st, but offices were already closed due to the Coronavirus situation. 

After this I got an RFIE about bona-fide marriage and also my wife's divorce decree was missing. Well anyway that's solved. 

Now I'm simply waiting, you think I should call the USCIS now that ASC have reopened? I'm becoming a little impatient and could really use the EAD, because I have had many good job offers I couldn't accept so far. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
14 minutes ago, B3M said:

Then I received two Biometrics appointments that were scheduled on March 27th and 31st, but offices were already closed due to the Coronavirus situation. 

After this I got an RFIE about bona-fide marriage and also my wife's divorce decree was missing. Well anyway that's solved. 

Now I'm simply waiting, you think I should call the USCIS now that ASC have reopened? I'm becoming a little impatient and could really use the EAD, because I have had many good job offers I couldn't accept so far. 

Hey! Most of us are in the same situation as you, no appointment scheduled or rescheduled. If you keep getting job offers maybe you could try to expedite your EAD with one of those job offers. It's frustating and maybe you could try calling them and telling that you had an appointment and you want to reschedule one, even though there's no guarantee that your expedite or your appointment will be rescheduled by calling :( .

Edited by mvasantos

One tip folks may want to know when expediting EAD: if you haven't had bio done when you apply for expedite, you better call USCIS again and resubmit the request after finishing your bio. 

So here's my experience:

7/8: called to apply for expediting EAD

mid July: received mail from USCIS saying they scheduled my bio appt for i765 & i130 on 7/27

7/30: did not here anything so decided to call USCIS again to ask for update. I was told by the representative he needs to resubmit my request.

7/31: received USCIS email asking for more evidence for the expedite request

I did call USCIS when received my bio appt to ask why I haven't got update about the expedite process. They told me I need to finish the bio first. However, nobody told me I need to resubmit my request after I finish the bio. I did not find anything about this on USCIS's website. So guys, call them and talk to a real person when you feel something is weird cause you may find out there's something you need to do yet won't be told if you don't ask.

Good luck for all of us.

Edited by ElsaV

Timeline
On 8/1/2020 at 12:48 PM, ElsaV said:

One tip folks may want to know when expediting EAD: if you haven't had bio done when you apply for expedite, you better call USCIS again and resubmit the request after finishing your bio. 

So here's my experience:

7/8: called to apply for expediting EAD

mid July: received mail from USCIS saying they scheduled my bio appt for i765 & i130 on 7/27

7/30: did not here anything so decided to call USCIS again to ask for update. I was told by the representative he needs to resubmit my request.

7/31: received USCIS email asking for more evidence for the expedite request

I did call USCIS when received my bio appt to ask why I haven't got update about the expedite process. They told me I need to finish the bio first. However, nobody told me I need to resubmit my request after I finish the bio. I did not find anything about this on USCIS's website. So guys, call them and talk to a real person when you feel something is weird cause you may find out there's something you need to do yet won't be told if you don't ask.

Good luck for all of us.

Interesting...Let me understand this please:

So you asked for expediting EAD, and instead of declining it for lack of fingerprint, they made a new appointment for you? I am wondering if this is happening at every office...specially in NYC. Either way, that was a great outcome; it must feel good to know that you are about to start working...

Edited by madala

- Feb 22 2020 - Mailed Application (I-130, I-845....) to Chicago

- April 22 2020 - NOA 1

- June 1 2020 - RFE for I-944

- June 24 2020 - Replied to RFE

- Oct 25 2020 - Fingerprint done

- Nov 9 2020 - Case ready to be scheduled for interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Well, on July 30th we received status Case Approved for AP and EAD without fingerprint appointment. I`m still trying and calling for scheduling bio appointment for AOS but no luck.

And Atlanta ASC supposed to be open since July 13th! 

Shawn and Olga married in Russia May 7th 2013

IR-1 process

USCIS:

6/11/2015: Filed I-130 petition

6/13/2015: Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

6/15/2015: Petition is accepted by USCIS (California)

6/17/2015: NOA1 received via email/text

6/23/2015: NOA1 received via mail

8/18/2015: USCIS approved petition online - 63 days from NOA 1

8/22/2015: NOA2 received via mail

NVC:

9/8/2015: NVC received the case

9/22/2015: got case number and invoice number via phone

9/22/2015: submitted DS-261 Choice of agent

9/22/2015: paid AOS fee $120 - IN PROCESS

9/24/2015: AOS fee shows PAID

9/28/2015: NVC Welcome Letter is received (issued on Sept 21st)

10/1/2015: AOS package sent to NVC

10/5/2015: AOS package delivered to NVC

10/5/2015: SCAN DATE for AOS package

10/6/2015: confirmed DS-261 over the phone

10/7/2015: email from NVC - husband is chosen as agent and IV fee is invoiced

10/8/2015: paid IV fee $325 - IN PROCESS

10/8/015: IV package sent to NVC

10/10/2015: IV fee shows PAID

10/11/2015: submitted DS-260 and got confirmation

10/13/2015: IV package delivered to NVC

10/13/2015: SCAN DATE for IV package

11/24/2015: Case Complete at NVC

12/2/2015: Case Complete letter from NVC

EMBASSY:

2/10/2016: Interview scheduled for March 15th 2016 :dancing:

Medical exam scheduled on March 14th 2016

2/10/2016: Interview Letter Received (P4)

2/16/2016: CEAC shows CASE IN TRANSIT

2/18/2016: CEAC shows READY

3/14/2016: medical exam passed

3/15/2016: interview - APPROVED! Status ISSUED - Your visa has been printed.

3/17/2016: call from Pony Express - visa is delivered to my town

POE:

4/19/2016: Moscow - New York - Atlanta

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, MrsCrabs said:

Well, on July 30th we received status Case Approved for AP and EAD without fingerprint appointment. I`m still trying and calling for scheduling bio appointment for AOS but no luck.

And Atlanta ASC supposed to be open since July 13th! 

Quick update! As soon as I posted this, I received notification on mail that we should expect mail from USCIS today! (I use USPS informed delivery, so it says what mail you have today before they put it in mailbox, pretty useful!). Can`t wait to see if it is invitation for bio or NOA about approved cases.

Shawn and Olga married in Russia May 7th 2013

IR-1 process

USCIS:

6/11/2015: Filed I-130 petition

6/13/2015: Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

6/15/2015: Petition is accepted by USCIS (California)

6/17/2015: NOA1 received via email/text

6/23/2015: NOA1 received via mail

8/18/2015: USCIS approved petition online - 63 days from NOA 1

8/22/2015: NOA2 received via mail

NVC:

9/8/2015: NVC received the case

9/22/2015: got case number and invoice number via phone

9/22/2015: submitted DS-261 Choice of agent

9/22/2015: paid AOS fee $120 - IN PROCESS

9/24/2015: AOS fee shows PAID

9/28/2015: NVC Welcome Letter is received (issued on Sept 21st)

10/1/2015: AOS package sent to NVC

10/5/2015: AOS package delivered to NVC

10/5/2015: SCAN DATE for AOS package

10/6/2015: confirmed DS-261 over the phone

10/7/2015: email from NVC - husband is chosen as agent and IV fee is invoiced

10/8/2015: paid IV fee $325 - IN PROCESS

10/8/015: IV package sent to NVC

10/10/2015: IV fee shows PAID

10/11/2015: submitted DS-260 and got confirmation

10/13/2015: IV package delivered to NVC

10/13/2015: SCAN DATE for IV package

11/24/2015: Case Complete at NVC

12/2/2015: Case Complete letter from NVC

EMBASSY:

2/10/2016: Interview scheduled for March 15th 2016 :dancing:

Medical exam scheduled on March 14th 2016

2/10/2016: Interview Letter Received (P4)

2/16/2016: CEAC shows CASE IN TRANSIT

2/18/2016: CEAC shows READY

3/14/2016: medical exam passed

3/15/2016: interview - APPROVED! Status ISSUED - Your visa has been printed.

3/17/2016: call from Pony Express - visa is delivered to my town

POE:

4/19/2016: Moscow - New York - Atlanta

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Portugal
Timeline
On 7/31/2020 at 12:50 PM, B3M said:

Hi everyone! Just want to let you all know that after this long waiting, I finally got my appointment, it will be on August 13th ! 😊 I didn't get to call them, it just arrived today in mail. 

Goodluck for all of you! 

15 minutes ago, B3M said:

Hi everyone! Just want to let you all know that after this long waiting, I finally got my appointment, it will be on August 13th ! 😊 I didn't get to call them, it just arrived today in mail. 

Goodluck for all of you! 

which location is your biometrics at?

duh

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Filed mid Feb no biometric , no work permit update,  no reschedule , no biometric , just no news. None .smh

~My ❤️ is in Ireland~
NOA1 06/14/2019

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Alexa&Nathan said:

Filed mid Feb no biometric , no work permit update,  no reschedule , no biometric , just no news. None .smh

Welcome to the team! It's annoying when you see ppl that filed two months later or in June and already have their bio appt.

53 minutes ago, Alexa&Nathan said:

welcome to the team. plenty of folks here in Feb that have not received biometrics but i see they are providing biometrics to those that filed in June,May, April, March

duh

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.