DELETEME1234

February 2020 AOS Filers (mod edit to title)

498 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
10 hours ago, coe2018 said:

We were scheduled for March 19 biometrics. Would expect we will have one of the earliest appointments but as of yet have heard nothing. Will share when we do. 

i was scheduled on the 18th, and my husband also said that we should be getting rescheduled first. hope he is right but i dont think that is how USCIS works...

Called the Help Line 2 days ago for an update on my case and to confirm if they are for sure sending out rescheduling notification on 29th. and the lady told me they do not have a date for that or the reopening of office yet....

People starting to receive their interview scheduling notification for July in Taiwan ( nothing has ever been shut down there at all), so hopefully things would get back to normal in the US as well...  

Want to know more about apply for K1 VISA / Green card in TAIWAN? come visit my blog https://summerprincess.pixnet.net/blog

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Heard this info from immigration attorney, that rescheduling of fingerprint appointment starts from 29th of June to 3rd of July and offices will start taking biometrics on July 13th.

She also mentioned that we have to be very attentive not to miss invitation or appointment because there is a possibility that USCIS have to let go more than 3 000 people in August due to lack of finance and those who miss their next step might not get any document done.

Shawn and Olga married in Russia May 7th 2013

IR-1 process

USCIS:

6/11/2015: Filed I-130 petition

6/13/2015: Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

6/15/2015: Petition is accepted by USCIS (California)

6/17/2015: NOA1 received via email/text

6/23/2015: NOA1 received via mail

8/18/2015: USCIS approved petition online - 63 days from NOA 1

8/22/2015: NOA2 received via mail

NVC:

9/8/2015: NVC received the case

9/22/2015: got case number and invoice number via phone

9/22/2015: submitted DS-261 Choice of agent

9/22/2015: paid AOS fee $120 - IN PROCESS

9/24/2015: AOS fee shows PAID

9/28/2015: NVC Welcome Letter is received (issued on Sept 21st)

10/1/2015: AOS package sent to NVC

10/5/2015: AOS package delivered to NVC

10/5/2015: SCAN DATE for AOS package

10/6/2015: confirmed DS-261 over the phone

10/7/2015: email from NVC - husband is chosen as agent and IV fee is invoiced

10/8/2015: paid IV fee $325 - IN PROCESS

10/8/015: IV package sent to NVC

10/10/2015: IV fee shows PAID

10/11/2015: submitted DS-260 and got confirmation

10/13/2015: IV package delivered to NVC

10/13/2015: SCAN DATE for IV package

11/24/2015: Case Complete at NVC

12/2/2015: Case Complete letter from NVC

EMBASSY:

2/10/2016: Interview scheduled for March 15th 2016 :dancing:

Medical exam scheduled on March 14th 2016

2/10/2016: Interview Letter Received (P4)

2/16/2016: CEAC shows CASE IN TRANSIT

2/18/2016: CEAC shows READY

3/14/2016: medical exam passed

3/15/2016: interview - APPROVED! Status ISSUED - Your visa has been printed.

3/17/2016: call from Pony Express - visa is delivered to my town

POE:

4/19/2016: Moscow - New York - Atlanta

26 minutes ago, MrsCrabs said:

Heard this info from immigration attorney, that rescheduling of fingerprint appointment starts from 29th of June to 3rd of July and offices will start taking biometrics on July 13th.

She also mentioned that we have to be very attentive not to miss invitation or appointment because there is a possibility that USCIS have to let go more than 3 000 people in August due to lack of finance and those who miss their next step might not get any document done.

Thanks for sharing 

duh

Timeline
17 hours ago, MrsCrabs said:

圖像裡可能有文字

its actually 13000 staff...😱 

Want to know more about apply for K1 VISA / Green card in TAIWAN? come visit my blog https://summerprincess.pixnet.net/blog

1 hour ago, MayceMir said:

Our EAD was approved today!!!! New card is being produced, we hope we get it soon and the social security number as well. 

Congrats!!! Same here 🙃

Timeline

My AED is granted today.

bio exam was rescheduled, nothing is mail box yet. so they are now waiving that for us too!!!! ( family based visa i mean)

Timeline
1 hour ago, jomazib said:

@W.Rominger So you never did biometrics, but your EAD card was approved today?

YES! Correct!!!

The last time my finger print and photo was taken is at airport when entering the USA~ 

11 hours ago, W.Rominger said:

YES! Correct!!!

The last time my finger print and photo was taken is at airport when entering the USA~ 

Thats so awesome! Congrats. I hope something like this happens to my wife. We could use a pick me up like this. The only time she took fingerprints was in airport too at POE. We are like 10 days after you in filing so fingers crossed! 🤞

2 minutes ago, MayceMir said:

Quick question, 

Is anyone from February still not getting the “case ready for interview” status? 

can you get the EAD without getting the “case ready for interview” status? Asking for a friend 😊

yes  

duh

@W.Rominger just to be clear, does your status for the I-485 still say "Fingerprint Fee was Received"?...but you still got approved fro I-765. Because if thats the case we are in similar shape and I am riding the hope wave based on whats is happening to you, that soon it will happen to us. Thanks for all the info.

@MayceMir Did you also not have biometrics? What is your status looking like.

Because based on both your timelines, my wife is literally not far behind. 

Edited by bodgie19

Timeline
5 hours ago, bodgie19 said:

@W.Rominger just to be clear, does your status for the I-485 still say "Fingerprint Fee was Received"?...but you still got approved fro I-765. Because if thats the case we are in similar shape and I am riding the hope wave based on whats is happening to you, that soon it will happen to us. Thanks for all the info.

I dont have update on my I485 even after the call to USCIS and request an update. And my i765 did get approved yesterday. my bio was scheduled on 3/18, one of those got hit the 1st wave...

and sorry for the typo i made in 1st post, i meant bio exam was NOT rescheduled, nothing is mail box yet.... Hope to get the rescheduling mail soon

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.