DELETEME1234

February 2020 AOS Filers (mod edit to title)

498 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
42 minutes ago, mvasantos said:

More waiting... Hope everything goes by fast after they open back again.

did my medical exam last September... hope i could get interview before it expired. i really dont want to spend money on it again 😔

Want to know more about apply for K1 VISA / Green card in TAIWAN? come visit my blog https://summerprincess.pixnet.net/blog

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
22 minutes ago, W.Rominger said:

did my medical exam last September... hope i could get interview before it expired. i really dont want to spend money on it again 😔

Yeah, I got stuck at the biometrics, not even that has been done and it's been 5 months. Did you get EAD? I know the GC is important but I want to be able to work again...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 hour ago, mvasantos said:

Yeah, I got stuck at the biometrics, not even that has been done and it's been 5 months. Did you get EAD? I know the GC is important but I want to be able to work again...

no i dont. got stuck at bio too..... (3/18)

we were so stressed and worried that my husband might get a cut on his pay cheque as it happened to most of his co-worker and family members due to covid-19. lucky it didnt happened.. i want to be working again too... the feeling of worrying about money really suck

Want to know more about apply for K1 VISA / Green card in TAIWAN? come visit my blog https://summerprincess.pixnet.net/blog

Here is my timeline so far.

February 1, 2020, we sent our package via UPS

February 3, 2020, package was received

February 23, 2020, got four text messages that cases were received (I-485, I-130, I-131, I-765)

March 6, 2020, got a mail regarding fingerprints appointment

March 12, 2020, cases were updated to show fingerprints were taken (I did walk in)

March 16, 2020, expedite request received (for I-765)

March 31, 2020, request for initial evidence was send (RFIE)

April 6, 2020, expedite request denied ( for I-765)

April 14, 2020, response to USCIS' Request for Evidence was received (for I-485)

June 15, 2020, case is ready to be schedule for an interview

Timeline
5 hours ago, Cornflake said:

Here is my timeline so far.

February 1, 2020, we sent our package via UPS

February 3, 2020, package was received

February 23, 2020, got four text messages that cases were received (I-485, I-130, I-131, I-765)

March 6, 2020, got a mail regarding fingerprints appointment

March 12, 2020, cases were updated to show fingerprints were taken (I did walk in)

March 16, 2020, expedite request received (for I-765)

March 31, 2020, request for initial evidence was send (RFIE)

April 6, 2020, expedite request denied ( for I-765)

April 14, 2020, response to USCIS' Request for Evidence was received (for I-485)

June 15, 2020, case is ready to be schedule for an interview

Wow, that's so quick! Congratulations!! Would you mind sharing what's the center your filing with? Like Texas, California.

12 hours ago, mvasantos said:

Wow, that's so quick! Congratulations!! Would you mind sharing what's the center your filing with? Like Texas, California.

Thank you!

Do you think it's quick? If I'm not mistaken I saw some people got "case is ready to be schedule for an interview" like two months ago already :) Buy anyway nobody knows how soon they gonna start doing interviews. And they denied my expedite request  for EAD. So I can't wait when they are gonna send those cards to February fillers, I saw lots of January fillers got it already.

I'm from California. My cases numbers start from MSC.

So I requested to expedite my EAD based due to severe financial loss ( my work visa expires this Autumn). 
Here is response. I am mot sure it is considered as denial or no. 

Our records indicate that we are awaiting your appearance for biometric processing. Your case is currently in suspense or on hold until we receive your biometrics.  Your application information has been entered into the system which schedules applicants for biometrics at their local ASC. Once you have been scheduled, you will receive an ASC Appointment Notice containing the date, time and location of your appointment.  You must take the ASC Appointment Notice and photo ID to your appointment. You may request expeditious processing again once we have received your biometrics.”

7 minutes ago, Ihatebaseboards said:

So I requested to expedite my EAD based due to severe financial loss ( my work visa expires this Autumn). 
Here is response. I am mot sure it is considered as denial or no. 

Our records indicate that we are awaiting your appearance for biometric processing. Your case is currently in suspense or on hold until we receive your biometrics.  Your application information has been entered into the system which schedules applicants for biometrics at their local ASC. Once you have been scheduled, you will receive an ASC Appointment Notice containing the date, time and location of your appointment.  You must take the ASC Appointment Notice and photo ID to your appointment. You may request expeditious processing again once we have received your biometrics.”

looks like for FB based applicants they are not bypassing Biometrics to get EAD but for EB based they are bypassing Biometrics 

duh

Timeline
5 hours ago, Cornflake said:

Thank you!

Do you think it's quick? If I'm not mistaken I saw some people got "case is ready to be schedule for an interview" like two months ago already :) Buy anyway nobody knows how soon they gonna start doing interviews. And they denied my expedite request  for EAD. So I can't wait when they are gonna send those cards to February fillers, I saw lots of January fillers got it already.

I'm from California. My cases numbers start from MSC.

I think it was, i filed feb 22 and unfortunately I got an RFE for something that i sent them and now I'm stuck at that and my city is not known for having that many cases. Mine also starts with MSC. It's sad they didn't accept your expedite, can you tell me how you've done it? Did you go to big company interviews to get the job offer? Thanks!

Edited by mvasantos

13 minutes ago, mvasantos said:

I think it was, i filed feb 22 and unfortunately I got an RFE for something that i sent them and now I'm stuck at that and my city is not known for having that many cases. Mine also starts with MSC. It's sad they didn't accept your expedite, can you tell me how you've done it? Did you go to big company interviews to get the job offer? Thanks!

When I got an RFIE I decide to hire a lawyer because I didn't understand what I send wrong and an explanation letter was kinda genera. Also I was afraid if I send not exactly what they are looking for they could return everything back to me. I paid $250 for her service. Which is much cheaper than do everything from the beginning.

Regarding EAD I didn't go to big companies interviews, it was quite opposite, pretty small company wanted to hire me. But it didn't work out. Now I'm waiting in the line with everybody here ;) 

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Cornflake said:

When I got an RFIE I decide to hire a lawyer because I didn't understand what I send wrong and an explanation letter was kinda genera. Also I was afraid if I send not exactly what they are looking for they could return everything back to me. I paid $250 for her service. Which is much cheaper than do everything from the beginning.

Regarding EAD I didn't go to big companies interviews, it was quite opposite, pretty small company wanted to hire me. But it didn't work out. Now I'm waiting in the line with everybody here ;) 

Im also doing with a lawyer just in case. Yes, unfortunately is about waiting haha :D

Let us know when you guys start receiving your biometrics rescheduled appointments in the mail.  Should be any time now, either end of this week early next week.  My wife lives at our mailbox, she can't stop checking it. (I don't blame her). I really hope we, the February filers, get the first appointments because we were the ones who were next in line just as the offices started closing.

Keep the updates coming please. I can speak for myself but it gives perspective and peace of mind reading where everyone is at in the process.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
6 hours ago, bodgie19 said:

Let us know when you guys start receiving your biometrics rescheduled appointments in the mail.  Should be any time now, either end of this week early next week.  My wife lives at our mailbox, she can't stop checking it. (I don't blame her). I really hope we, the February filers, get the first appointments because we were the ones who were next in line just as the offices started closing.

Keep the updates coming please. I can speak for myself but it gives perspective and peace of mind reading where everyone is at in the process.

We were scheduled for March 19 biometrics. Would expect we will have one of the earliest appointments but as of yet have heard nothing. Will share when we do. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.