DELETEME1234

February 2020 AOS Filers (mod edit to title)

498 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
10 minutes ago, W.Rominger said:

No i have not. request for an update via e-request and they told me to wait 30 days before calling again...

think i will do that when the 30 day mark approaches

Hope you get an answer in 30 days, it's so annoying the wait, right?

Have a good weekend though!!

It's weird to me that its July 13, where some offices are opening today in some states, and I have checked all the AOS pages (Jan, Feb, March, & April)...not a single person on any of those pages has mentioned they received a biometrics appointment. This is getting frustrating to another level.  Screw AOS, I just want my wife to get her EAD and SS so she can start looking for jobs!

1 hour ago, bodgie19 said:

It's weird to me that its July 13, where some offices are opening today in some states, and I have checked all the AOS pages (Jan, Feb, March, & April)...not a single person on any of those pages has mentioned they received a biometrics appointment. This is getting frustrating to another level.  Screw AOS, I just want my wife to get her EAD and SS so she can start looking for jobs!

i spoke to the rep and apparently they spin the same tale again and again. USCIS wont start scheduling until today reopen. if you dont receive biometrics in the next 30 days , call again. Same ####### news again and again. 

duh

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
11 hours ago, bodgie19 said:

some people from Jan mentioned that their greencard was approved without an interview

and we are getting EAD granted with out biometrics. they keep changing the rules and who knows~ maybe we will get GC even without a biometrics appointment

Want to know more about apply for K1 VISA / Green card in TAIWAN? come visit my blog https://summerprincess.pixnet.net/blog

16 minutes ago, W.Rominger said:

some people from Jan mentioned that their greencard was approved without an interview

and we are getting EAD granted with out biometrics. they keep changing the rules and who knows~ maybe we will get GC even without a biometrics appointment

Hahaha, I hope we get waived. I won't ask for anything else for the next 3 years. But I am really hoping we get approved for EAD/AP in the next couple of days. From the research I've done we should be coming up. We filed on the 2/21 and NOA 3/6. My fingers are crossed.

I did want to ask, I noticed on the NOA their was a "Code 3" is everyone coming from a K-1 a code 3? or is it by case basis of our country of origin that they have more scrutiny.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
13 minutes ago, bodgie19 said:

Hahaha, I hope we get waived. I won't ask for anything else for the next 3 years. But I am really hoping we get approved for EAD/AP in the next couple of days. From the research I've done we should be coming up. We filed on the 2/21 and NOA 3/6. My fingers are crossed.

I did want to ask, I noticed on the NOA their was a "Code 3" is everyone coming from a K-1 a code 3? or is it by case basis of our country of origin that they have more scrutiny.

Code 1 means fingerprint of your 10 fingers

Code 2 means photo will be taken, also a signature, and finger print your index finger

Code 3 is simply all of the above

Edited by W.Rominger

Want to know more about apply for K1 VISA / Green card in TAIWAN? come visit my blog https://summerprincess.pixnet.net/blog

Timeline
On 6/12/2020 at 4:14 PM, mvasantos said:

Any updates on biometrics scheduling?

Filed on 02/25

Got NOA 03/13

RFE 05/11 - Tax Return (We sent the 1040 to them with my wife's W7 copy application and still they asked for it again. I guess since we sent it by mail the IRS hasn't updated their system showing that we haven't filed because of COVID-19)

Sent the RFE on 05/18

Hi Everyone!

Update on my side, I got today a i-693 (date on it was 07/06) letter saying that I should bring it to the interview or if they waive, send via mail. No biometrics appt yet and on the website still shows that my RFE has been received, even though it's been almost 60 days. Also, my ASC is supposed to open on 7/27 (I expect by then to get a biometrics appt letter). No updated on the EAD/AP application. Hope that means the process is going somewhere.

God this whole process went from somewhat organized to just a mere cluster fudge. Everyday you read more randomness then the next. Someone getting approved another getting a letter of some sort and another getting biometrics...but its just once big hodge podge. All the updates on VJ are so random from all different filers from random months. My patience is getting really tested. How can an April filer be approved already doesn't make sense to me?!?! Doesnt make sense to me!

I just need to vent. With reading more and more activity (which is good), my frustration only grows as I sit and nothing is happening to most February filers. What a conundrum.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I heard another rumor from the immigration lawyer, I read her blog online about immigration. USCIS had a partner company that prints all the cards, EAD and GC, in June the contract expired and USCIS has not renewed it yet. So about 40 000 EAD and 75 000 GC are not sent to people even if they have approval notice in their hands. USCIS shrugged shoulders, no one knows when this gonna be fixed. My guess lack of financing caused that problem.

Our ASC opened on July 13th, our bio appointment was supposed to happen on March 13th exactly when closings started. No rescheduling yet. Worried.

Shawn and Olga married in Russia May 7th 2013

IR-1 process

USCIS:

6/11/2015: Filed I-130 petition

6/13/2015: Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

6/15/2015: Petition is accepted by USCIS (California)

6/17/2015: NOA1 received via email/text

6/23/2015: NOA1 received via mail

8/18/2015: USCIS approved petition online - 63 days from NOA 1

8/22/2015: NOA2 received via mail

NVC:

9/8/2015: NVC received the case

9/22/2015: got case number and invoice number via phone

9/22/2015: submitted DS-261 Choice of agent

9/22/2015: paid AOS fee $120 - IN PROCESS

9/24/2015: AOS fee shows PAID

9/28/2015: NVC Welcome Letter is received (issued on Sept 21st)

10/1/2015: AOS package sent to NVC

10/5/2015: AOS package delivered to NVC

10/5/2015: SCAN DATE for AOS package

10/6/2015: confirmed DS-261 over the phone

10/7/2015: email from NVC - husband is chosen as agent and IV fee is invoiced

10/8/2015: paid IV fee $325 - IN PROCESS

10/8/015: IV package sent to NVC

10/10/2015: IV fee shows PAID

10/11/2015: submitted DS-260 and got confirmation

10/13/2015: IV package delivered to NVC

10/13/2015: SCAN DATE for IV package

11/24/2015: Case Complete at NVC

12/2/2015: Case Complete letter from NVC

EMBASSY:

2/10/2016: Interview scheduled for March 15th 2016 :dancing:

Medical exam scheduled on March 14th 2016

2/10/2016: Interview Letter Received (P4)

2/16/2016: CEAC shows CASE IN TRANSIT

2/18/2016: CEAC shows READY

3/14/2016: medical exam passed

3/15/2016: interview - APPROVED! Status ISSUED - Your visa has been printed.

3/17/2016: call from Pony Express - visa is delivered to my town

POE:

4/19/2016: Moscow - New York - Atlanta

2 hours ago, MrsCrabs said:

I heard another rumor from the immigration lawyer, I read her blog online about immigration. USCIS had a partner company that prints all the cards, EAD and GC, in June the contract expired and USCIS has not renewed it yet. So about 40 000 EAD and 75 000 GC are not sent to people even if they have approval notice in their hands. USCIS shrugged shoulders, no one knows when this gonna be fixed. My guess lack of financing caused that problem.

Our ASC opened on July 13th, our bio appointment was supposed to happen on March 13th exactly when closings started. No rescheduling yet. Worried.

I heard this too. I saw on facebook lots of people with approvals on their work permits that still are waiting on their cards 3 weeks later. Some are being to get it after 3 or 4 weeks. I hope we get it soon. We are going on 20 days since approval and no card yet. 

I have been reading all the posts for a while and finally decided to register an account as I received the notice for bio appointment today, which is totally unexpected. So here are some details about my AOS application. Hope this bit of new info. can help make people feel better.

Filling time: 2/21/2020 (concurrent filling)                    Location: WA                   Type: F1 to AOS (married a US citizen) 

Case status on USCIS website:  I485 - fingerprint fee received, all other - application received. There is absolute no changes to the case status even though we have received the bio appointment notice today. 

Other details: Required for expediting the EAD card on 7/8 based on large financial loss (got a job offer). Still waiting to hear from USCIS to confirm if they got the request (even though we have received the bio appointment notice today...)

It looks like USCIS is a total unorganized mess now that their actions are not predictable at all. Fingers crossed that things don't get worse any more. Stay safe everyone.

Timeline
14 hours ago, ElsaV said:

I have been reading all the posts for a while and finally decided to register an account as I received the notice for bio appointment today, which is totally unexpected. So here are some details about my AOS application. Hope this bit of new info. can help make people feel better.

Filling time: 2/21/2020 (concurrent filling)                    Location: WA                   Type: F1 to AOS (married a US citizen) 

Case status on USCIS website:  I485 - fingerprint fee received, all other - application received. There is absolute no changes to the case status even though we have received the bio appointment notice today. 

Other details: Required for expediting the EAD card on 7/8 based on large financial loss (got a job offer). Still waiting to hear from USCIS to confirm if they got the request (even though we have received the bio appointment notice today...)

It looks like USCIS is a total unorganized mess now that their actions are not predictable at all. Fingers crossed that things don't get worse any more. Stay safe everyone.

Hi! When is your ASC supposed to open? 20 or 27?

Thanks!

On 7/19/2020 at 9:20 AM, mvasantos said:

Hi! When is your ASC supposed to open? 20 or 27?

Thanks!

Hi, You mean field office? I'm not sure but the appt is scheduled at the Seattle office on the 27th FYI.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, ElsaV said:

Hi, You mean field office? I'm not sure but the appt is scheduled at the Seattle office on the 27th FYI.

I didn't know field offices would take biometrics, that means they weren't closed for that long there? I don't know.

Thanks for the info! I just wanted to know if they're sending letters after they're back open or before it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.