DELETEME1234

February 2020 AOS Filers (mod edit to title)

498 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, James120383 said:

welcome to the team. plenty of folks here in Feb that have not received biometrics but i see they are providing biometrics to those that filed in June,May, April, March

I'm thinking they're thinking that everybody on February had their biometrics because I don't see anybody from January without it and after us (february) everybody is getting it. I don't even know what to think anymore about this...

7 hours ago, MrsCrabs said:

Quick update! As soon as I posted this, I received notification on mail that we should expect mail from USCIS today! (I use USPS informed delivery, so it says what mail you have today before they put it in mailbox, pretty useful!). Can`t wait to see if it is invitation for bio or NOA about approved cases.

So what was in the mail? New biometric letter or EAD?

21 minutes ago, mvasantos said:

I'm thinking they're thinking that everybody on February had their biometrics because I don't see anybody from January without it and after us (february) everybody is getting it. I don't even know what to think anymore about this...

i think majority of the help desk at the 800 number read from a script. they dont even bother to help. Read the script and close the call.. what a disaster and this is the greatest country in the world. Level 2 also has been doing the same thing. Read the script blah blah blah 

duh

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
16 hours ago, Ihatebaseboards said:

So what was in the mail? New biometric letter or EAD?

Well those 2 letters were approvals for EAD and AP. And printed on a very nice paper with watermarks)) 

Shawn and Olga married in Russia May 7th 2013

IR-1 process

USCIS:

6/11/2015: Filed I-130 petition

6/13/2015: Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

6/15/2015: Petition is accepted by USCIS (California)

6/17/2015: NOA1 received via email/text

6/23/2015: NOA1 received via mail

8/18/2015: USCIS approved petition online - 63 days from NOA 1

8/22/2015: NOA2 received via mail

NVC:

9/8/2015: NVC received the case

9/22/2015: got case number and invoice number via phone

9/22/2015: submitted DS-261 Choice of agent

9/22/2015: paid AOS fee $120 - IN PROCESS

9/24/2015: AOS fee shows PAID

9/28/2015: NVC Welcome Letter is received (issued on Sept 21st)

10/1/2015: AOS package sent to NVC

10/5/2015: AOS package delivered to NVC

10/5/2015: SCAN DATE for AOS package

10/6/2015: confirmed DS-261 over the phone

10/7/2015: email from NVC - husband is chosen as agent and IV fee is invoiced

10/8/2015: paid IV fee $325 - IN PROCESS

10/8/015: IV package sent to NVC

10/10/2015: IV fee shows PAID

10/11/2015: submitted DS-260 and got confirmation

10/13/2015: IV package delivered to NVC

10/13/2015: SCAN DATE for IV package

11/24/2015: Case Complete at NVC

12/2/2015: Case Complete letter from NVC

EMBASSY:

2/10/2016: Interview scheduled for March 15th 2016 :dancing:

Medical exam scheduled on March 14th 2016

2/10/2016: Interview Letter Received (P4)

2/16/2016: CEAC shows CASE IN TRANSIT

2/18/2016: CEAC shows READY

3/14/2016: medical exam passed

3/15/2016: interview - APPROVED! Status ISSUED - Your visa has been printed.

3/17/2016: call from Pony Express - visa is delivered to my town

POE:

4/19/2016: Moscow - New York - Atlanta

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Got a call back from a tier2 lady (at least i believe thats what she is) yesterday regarding my questions

* any update for my RFE respond in April

ans: cannot find detail info in her system. "but no news is good news right?" she said...

*when will i get a reschedule for bio

ans: no rescheduling has be issue for my application. unfortunately the office has been closed for a long time and they need time to work on the cases

her answer really upsets my husband. he thought since my appointment was on 18th March, it should have been the 1st batch of case to be processed.   

and like all y'all posted, people from June are getting their notices already and we are still waiting...

Want to know more about apply for K1 VISA / Green card in TAIWAN? come visit my blog https://summerprincess.pixnet.net/blog

5 hours ago, W.Rominger said:

Got a call back from a tier2 lady (at least i believe thats what she is) yesterday regarding my questions

* any update for my RFE respond in April

ans: cannot find detail info in her system. "but no news is good news right?" she said...

*when will i get a reschedule for bio

ans: no rescheduling has be issue for my application. unfortunately the office has been closed for a long time and they need time to work on the cases

her answer really upsets my husband. he thought since my appointment was on 18th March, it should have been the 1st batch of case to be processed.   

and like all y'all posted, people from June are getting their notices already and we are still waiting...

What is happening with your RFE?

I'm asking because I got an RFIE around the same time. I sent my response at the beginning of April, and on April 14, 2020 status changed to "response was received". 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Cornflake said:

What is happening with your RFE?

I'm asking because I got an RFIE around the same time. I sent my response at the beginning of April, and on April 14, 2020 status changed to "response was received". 

Same. I wanna know if my document was accepted. and the lady could not give me answer over phone.

My bio was scheduled on the date the office closed (3/18)... no fingerprint, no update on the case status i guess....

Want to know more about apply for K1 VISA / Green card in TAIWAN? come visit my blog https://summerprincess.pixnet.net/blog

1 hour ago, W.Rominger said:

Same. I wanna know if my document was accepted. and the lady could not give me answer over phone.

My bio was scheduled on the date the office closed (3/18)... no fingerprint, no update on the case status i guess....

That is so strange because it's been four months already. What if they never received it, what if the mail got lost.

Does status ever changed to "response was received"? 

Maybe you should try to call them again and ask what you suppose to do in this situation. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Cornflake said:

That is so strange because it's been four months already. What if they never received it, what if the mail got lost.

Does status ever changed to "response was received"? 

Maybe you should try to call them again and ask what you suppose to do in this situation. 

It did change to “respond received”. but they cant tell me anything else. 
requested an update via e-request, told me they are still processing my request. And I understand that people at least would get a standard response via mail. But NOTHING

and i didnt get a rescheduling either... make me wonder if there is anything wrong with my case...

47 minutes ago, W.Rominger said:

It did change to “respond received”. but they cant tell me anything else. 
requested an update via e-request, told me they are still processing my request. And I understand that people at least would get a standard response via mail. But NOTHING

and i didnt get a rescheduling either... make me wonder if there is anything wrong with my case...

I didn't know that they send something via mail. I thought the way it works is you just respond to RFI and if everything is fine they schedule an interview. Is there anything else they should send regarding RFI? 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Cornflake said:

I didn't know that they send something via mail. I thought the way it works is you just respond to RFI and if everything is fine they schedule an interview. Is there anything else they should send regarding RFI? 

60days after RFE respond is received, we should get an update on our case. That what i was told on the phone when i called the first time. The staff filed the e-request for me actually. But nv got a response ... thats why I got impatient 😞

4 minutes ago, W.Rominger said:

60days after RFE respond is received, we should get an update on our case. That what i was told on the phone when i called the first time. The staff filed the e-request for me actually. But nv got a response ... thats why I got impatient 😞

I see. Actually, exactly 90 days after my response was received my case status was updated to "case is ready for interview". I didn't get any updates before that. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Is anybody here that their EAD/AP hasn't been approved and they had an RFE? Or if there's anybody that hasn't had their EAD/AP approved yet? 

I'm posting here also because some ppl might not look at the k1 visa thread.

On 8/2/2020 at 9:53 PM, madala said:

Interesting...Let me understand this please:

So you asked for expediting EAD, and instead of declining it for lack of fingerprint, they made a new appointment for you? I am wondering if this is happening at every office...specially in NYC. Either way, that was a great outcome; it must feel good to know that you are about to start working...

Right. Not sure if they were supposed to reject the request due to lack of fingerprints though. But anyway I thought people would like to know this to avoid meaningless waiting. I sent them the evidence a week ago and not hearing anything so far.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Had EAD and AP approved on July 30th, status hasn`t changed to Issued or something like that yet, but today in mail we have a letter from SSA. Hope its a SSN there. But no EAD card yet...

Shawn and Olga married in Russia May 7th 2013

IR-1 process

USCIS:

6/11/2015: Filed I-130 petition

6/13/2015: Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

6/15/2015: Petition is accepted by USCIS (California)

6/17/2015: NOA1 received via email/text

6/23/2015: NOA1 received via mail

8/18/2015: USCIS approved petition online - 63 days from NOA 1

8/22/2015: NOA2 received via mail

NVC:

9/8/2015: NVC received the case

9/22/2015: got case number and invoice number via phone

9/22/2015: submitted DS-261 Choice of agent

9/22/2015: paid AOS fee $120 - IN PROCESS

9/24/2015: AOS fee shows PAID

9/28/2015: NVC Welcome Letter is received (issued on Sept 21st)

10/1/2015: AOS package sent to NVC

10/5/2015: AOS package delivered to NVC

10/5/2015: SCAN DATE for AOS package

10/6/2015: confirmed DS-261 over the phone

10/7/2015: email from NVC - husband is chosen as agent and IV fee is invoiced

10/8/2015: paid IV fee $325 - IN PROCESS

10/8/015: IV package sent to NVC

10/10/2015: IV fee shows PAID

10/11/2015: submitted DS-260 and got confirmation

10/13/2015: IV package delivered to NVC

10/13/2015: SCAN DATE for IV package

11/24/2015: Case Complete at NVC

12/2/2015: Case Complete letter from NVC

EMBASSY:

2/10/2016: Interview scheduled for March 15th 2016 :dancing:

Medical exam scheduled on March 14th 2016

2/10/2016: Interview Letter Received (P4)

2/16/2016: CEAC shows CASE IN TRANSIT

2/18/2016: CEAC shows READY

3/14/2016: medical exam passed

3/15/2016: interview - APPROVED! Status ISSUED - Your visa has been printed.

3/17/2016: call from Pony Express - visa is delivered to my town

POE:

4/19/2016: Moscow - New York - Atlanta

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.