dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview March 2020

725 posts in this topic

hi does anyone knows about getting early appointments at Mumbai consulate, we have sent our documents to nvc and I know it takes about 2 months and then 3 month to get a interview letter. can we get interview date early then having to wait for 3 months, me and my son will going from use because of weather I'm worried for my son, any experienced getting interview date earlier then its scheduled ? please help me if you can

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
12 hours ago, Sea Leslie said:

My case is under Admin Review because they want the original marriage certificate not a certified copy.

I have a question. I was checking my documents and my marriage certificate says it's a certified copy, but that's what we got at the clerk's office. So is my document the wrong one? 😣 it has a raised seal if it matters

6 hours ago, LilyJ said:

Hep B and A aren't required for immigration for adults immigrating, and if you mean pneumococcal that one is only required in babies/young children and those over 65. Of course you can still get them if you would like to for personal reasons, but they aren't required for immigration for your age range I assume

https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/pdf/Vaccine-Requirements-According-to-Applicant-Age.pdf

Thank you so much @LilyJ, this is so helpful and just helped save money. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
35 minutes ago, AndyRoo6 said:

Interview done and all approved!

It's weird I don't feel like anything has happened at all. Like I feel there are more hoops to jump through...but that's pretty it for now. I guess it has not hit me yet.

Had my medical last Friday and it had already made its way to the consulate thank goodness.

Time to pack, pay my fee and wait for the passport then its USA time!

Best of luck to all

Congratulations!

Timeline
17 hours ago, Bking said:

Hey guys just left my interview and I we got approved!!!!

Thank you so much to the people who were there with us throughout. Big shout-out to @Sea Leslie and @dwheels76 

Now just to wait on the visa to come back. He asked us how we met, how long we been together and pretty much said this is a straightforward case. Confirmed some stuff and said he's waiting on one thing from D.C. but that's it!

Congratulations

Timeline
12 hours ago, Odiegwu said:

@mac_skendy Please, what site did you use to know when your visa is ready for pick up? Cr1 @Lagos 

https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng you will have to sign up and update your info

Timeline
12 hours ago, Mrs Akintomide said:

@mac_skendy, I know you just got approved for your visa and picked your passport already, please I have a question, Is the visa issue date different from your interview date? I will appreciate it you can check for me please. My husband's interview is Feb 20th, a day before the visa restrictions. 

My visa was approved on 9th of Jan and showed issued on the 10th.

you can check that with this https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?App=IV

Just now, mac_skendy said:

My visa was approved on 9th of Jan and showed issued on the 10th.

you can check that with this https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?App=IV

Thank you @mac_skendy, I pray 20th work for us. I will be really happy .

Timeline
1 minute ago, Mrs Akintomide said:

Thank you @mac_skendy, I pray 20th work for us. I will be really happy .

Amen oooooo🙏God will come through for you

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Mrs Akintomide said:

Amen, thanks a lot

Congratulations, I hope you are already planning to leave nigeria. 

Thank you, yes everything is in top gear.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Iscir said:

I have a question. I was checking my documents and my marriage certificate says it's a certified copy, but that's what we got at the clerk's office. So is my document the wrong one? 😣 it has a raised seal if it matters

I think it depends on the consulate. We have called the Lagos embassy 2 times and spoke to 2 different people. We explained that we have a certified copy with a raised seal, stamps from AMAC and stamps from the ministry of foreign affairs. Both times they told us it is acceptable. We got this copy when I was there in Sept, because I didn’t want to chance the original being damaged or lost. I prefer to keep it safe at home with me. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, mac_skendy said:

https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng you will have to sign up and update your info

Thanks. But immigrants visa appointments are scheduled by the consulate. How do we go about it? Any link to those who have been scheduled appointment from the embassy in the ustraveldocs to update their accounts? 

9 hours ago, dwheels76 said:

You were sent the standard message sent to all. Email them again and let them know you already went through NVC and is there anything you need to do before the interview.

Your educational and all that has nothing to do with a immigration visa.

Also there is no fee to be paid at embassy.

What about proof of employment? That also doesnt apply to us..?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.