dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview March 2020

725 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, yellowtulips said:

Trump’s extended ban has me worried. My husband’s interview in Nigeria is the 24th of Feb and the visa restrictions go into effect the 21st. I know my God is bigger than this issue, and I pray the ban is lifted and my husband is granted his visa. 

well i guess the people who r in early embasy stages or nvc process wont get effect .prayers for u

8 hours ago, yellowtulips said:

Trump’s extended ban has me worried. My husband’s interview in Nigeria is the 24th of Feb and the visa restrictions go into effect the 21st. I know my God is bigger than this issue, and I pray the ban is lifted and my husband is granted his visa. 

or see if u can get an early interview date

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, ssa123 said:

well i guess the people who r in early embasy stages or nvc process wont get effect .prayers for u

or see if u can get an early interview date

Our own interview comes up same date with @yellowtulips. The status on our petition also changed to READY on the 31st and we also had our medicals done same day. 

We're at a loss right now because we really don't know what to expect from the interview. We don't want to go into the interview with no prior info on the implications of this ban on those of us who already have an interview scheduled for 24th. 

Thanks you all for the prayers. I’m praying for us all with interview dates after the 22nd. 

We can’t request an earlier interview because he hasn’t had his medical yet. QLife’s earliest appointment was the 17th Of feb (when we called last week) and the other clinic told him he had to wait until after feb 5th to walk in, that he couldn’t get it done before (I have no idea why).

3 hours ago, yellowtulips said:

Thanks you all for the prayers. I’m praying for us all with interview dates after the 22nd. 

We can’t request an earlier interview because he hasn’t had his medical yet. QLife’s earliest appointment was the 17th Of feb (when we called last week) and the other clinic told him he had to wait until after feb 5th to walk in, that he couldn’t get it done before (I have no idea why).

He can walk into The Children's Practice
25 Raymond Njoku
Ikoyi
Lagos very early in the morning like 430am to 5am to get his medicals done. 

3 hours ago, yellowtulips said:

Please how can I request for an early interview? 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Mrs Akintomide said:

Please how can I request for an early interview? 

Contact the embassy. I strongly suggest those with feb 22 date contact the embassy for interview before 22. From my personal experience with lagos embassy(myself, my son and my siblings and my brother inlaw all passed through this process btw 2008 and 2019 and i helped each one of us through it all), issue date on visa is the date of interview even if you receive ut passport back days after the interview. I dont know if that has changed but that is my experience until december last year when my brother in law got his visa. 

I am praying for those of us who already got DQ and those still in the line. I pray God intervenes in this situation. It's just so heartbreaking.

Edited by FPope

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Mrs Akintomide said:

Thank you so much, I need information on how to reach them. 

Check in the interview information sent to you by nvc. You should find the lagos embassy email and phone number there. Or check on the embassy website(note that email for immigrant visa applications is different from that of nonimmigrant visa). 

Edited by FPope

5 hours ago, yellowtulips said:

hope for the best 

@dwheels76

My interview was originally scheduled for the 11th, but I got a mail today in response to a request I had placed earlier, stating that it's been moved back to the 10th Feb. 

Now they re asking me to upload a list of docs to ceac like proof of employment and educational qualifications and such, along with civil docs; and to submit the originals at a drop box in front of the embassy at the earliest to complete pre screening.

Since I've already uploaded the civil docs like marriage and birth certs and PCC, I would not be required to do them again right? Jus the extra docs that have been asked for have to be uploaded know?

Is everyone asked to do this before their interview date?

CR1 Visa,  Manama consulate (Bahrain)

10 minutes ago, Sharon124 said:

@dwheels76

My interview was originally scheduled for the 11th, but I got a mail today in response to a request I had placed earlier, stating that it's been moved back to the 10th Feb. 

Now they re asking me to upload a list of docs to ceac like proof of employment and educational qualifications and such, along with civil docs; and to submit the originals at a drop box in front of the embassy at the earliest to complete pre screening.

Since I've already uploaded the civil docs like marriage and birth certs and PCC, I would not be required to do them again right? Jus the extra docs that have been asked for have to be uploaded know?

Is everyone asked to do this before their interview date?

CR1 Visa,  Manama consulate (Bahrain)

Also, they have specified "visa fees payment" if applicable should be brought to the interview. 

Does that refer to the 220 USD for the greencard? Should I be making that payment now itself? 

Screenshot_20200203-015238_Chrome.jpg

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
On 1/31/2020 at 11:18 PM, stech786 said:

Hoping for some good news next week!

Let's hope so.

DQ Jan 2nd and have been waiting for IL.  This last stretch is the most frustrating.

Feels like someone keeps moving the goal post further and further as you progress.. So jarring.  

Timeline
3 hours ago, Sharon124 said:

Also, they have specified "visa fees payment" if applicable should be brought to the interview. 

Does that refer to the 220 USD for the greencard? Should I be making that payment now itself? 

Screenshot_20200203-015238_Chrome.jpg

Your post is not directed to me but I really think you should be contacting your embassy for clarifications on all the issues in your post. I just feel clarifying from them directly will help you to ensure you do exactly what they require you to do. Wish you all the best.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.