dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview March 2020

725 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
10 hours ago, FPope said:

Contact the embassy. I strongly suggest those with feb 22 date contact the embassy for interview before 22. From my personal experience with lagos embassy(myself, my son and my siblings and my brother inlaw all passed through this process btw 2008 and 2019 and i helped each one of us through it all), issue date on visa is the date of interview even if you receive ut passport back days after the interview. I dont know if that has changed but that is my experience until december last year when my brother in law got his visa. 

I am praying for those of us who already got DQ and those still in the line. I pray God intervenes in this situation. It's just so heartbreaking.

I'm am soooo HAPPY TO HEAR THIS!! my husbands interview is February 10th at Lagos Embassy. And our immigration laywer said the same thing that the issue date on the visas there are always the date of interview. But I was getting sooo many conflicting reports from people here saying that the issue date is whenever they actually print the visa and have it ready for you to pick up. Praise God! So if everything goes well at his interview and he is approved then the issue date on the visa will be the 10th if February?! 

Timeline
10 hours ago, Mrs Akintomide said:

He can walk into The Children's Practice
25 Raymond Njoku
Ikoyi
Lagos very early in the morning like 430am to 5am to get his medicals done. 

This is where my husband got his done. He arrived no later than 4 am....they take 24 patients a day first come first serve. When he arrived at 4 am he was already number 19! DONT BE LATE 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
18 minutes ago, CaylinObinna said:

I'm am soooo HAPPY TO HEAR THIS!! my husbands interview is February 10th at Lagos Embassy. And our immigration laywer said the same thing that the issue date on the visas there are always the date of interview. But I was getting sooo many conflicting reports from people here saying that the issue date is whenever they actually print the visa and have it ready for you to pick up. Praise God! So if everything goes well at his interview and he is approved then the issue date on the visa will be the 10th if February?! 

Yes madam. You don't have any problem with regards to the visa ban.

Edited by FPope

Timeline
29 minutes ago, FPope said:

Yes madam. You don't have any problem with regards to the visa ban.

Wow!. So even if it goes into some administrative processing? If after the administrative processing he is approved it will still be issued on Visa as the 10th? Sorry I'm just clarifying here. This is such great news for us  

And while it makes me so very happy my heart is breaking for people after the 22nd...its simply not fair for everyone and I hate that 😭

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, CaylinObinna said:

Wow!. So even if it goes into some administrative processing? If after the administrative processing he is approved it will still be issued on Visa as the 10th? Sorry I'm just clarifying here. This is such great news for us  

And while it makes me so very happy my heart is breaking for people after the 22nd...its simply not fair for everyone and I hate that 😭

I have only seen instances of administrative processing thrice for lagos embassy:

1. Normal admin processing btw interview and when visa was picked up. Visa issue date was same as interview date.

2. My brother was asked to submit his divorce verification document so his case went into admin processing. He did so and 6 months after, he was called for a 2nd interview. Meanwhile they investigated him by visiting his house unanounced and contacted some of his friends. His visa issue date was the date of his 2nd interview eventhough he picked his visa days after.

3. My sister was told to go and add her kids to her case so her case went into admin processing. She did everything as instructed and they called her 6 months after for a 2nd interview with her children. Her visa issue date was the 2nd interview date.

All things being equal, as far as i know about lagos o, your visa issue date is the same as the date of the successful interview.

If i am in your shoes, i will not be worried. This visa ban does not affect your case except there are other reasons you are worried. All the best!

Edited by FPope

Timeline

I'm so excited my interview date is on 13th at Lagos. I'm already in Lagos...Lucky that I booked for medical at Q-life earlier. I feel so bad for those affected people on dates of interview. Let's pray that the ban is lifted as soon as possible.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mauritania
Timeline

My husbands police certificate was issued in September. It says valid for 3 months on it. Does he need to go and get an updated police certificate or the US embassy will allow him to use the one he has?

Embassy- Senegal 

Interview Date- February 25, 2020

Timeline
4 hours ago, CaylinObinna said:

Nope...the issue date is usually the next day after interview 

Timeline
2 hours ago, FPope said:

I have only seen instances of administrative processing thrice for lagos embassy:

1. Normal admin processing btw interview and when visa was picked up. Visa issue date was same as interview date.

2. My brother was asked to submit his divorce verification document so his case went into admin processing. He did so and 6 months after, he was called for a 2nd interview. Meanwhile they investigated him by visiting his house unanounced and contacted some of his friends. His visa issue date was the date of his 2nd interview eventhough he picked his visa days after.

3. My sister was told to go and add her kids to her case so her case went into admin processing. She did everything as instructed and they called her 6 months after for a 2nd interview with her children. Her visa issue date was the 2nd interview date.

All things being equal, as far as i know about lagos o, your visa issue date is the same as the date of the successful interview.

If i am in your shoes, i will not be worried. This visa ban does not affect your case except there are other reasons you are worried. All the best!

I think they've changed it, Visa issuance is usually the next day after interview now in lagos,talking from my own experience...

Edited by King Salz

Timeline
3 minutes ago, King Salz said:

I think they've changed it, Visa issuance is usually the next day after interview now in lagos,talking from my own experience...

Really? When was that? 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Odiegwu said:

Really? When was that? 

I meant when they print the Visa on your passport, they do so the next day after interview....I don't know when this started but that was what happened in my own case,might be different for other people anyway..

Edited by King Salz

Timeline
1 hour ago, Houleye Dianka said:

My husbands police certificate was issued in September. It says valid for 3 months on it. Does he need to go and get an updated police certificate or the US embassy will allow him to use the one he has?

Embassy- Senegal 

Interview Date- February 25, 2020

No,he does not need to get an updated one...that's ok for the embassy 

Timeline
16 hours ago, Mrs Akintomide said:

He can walk into The Children's Practice
25 Raymond Njoku
Ikoyi
Lagos very early in the morning like 430am to 5am to get his medicals done. 

The Children's Place does not open till 8am but you can get there by 7am 7.30 to write your name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.