Sarge2155

February 2020 AOS Filers

4,064 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Cyndy&Onyi said:

My status for the EAD changed from "Fingerprints Taken" on March 2nd 

To

"New Card is Being Produced" today July 2nd. 

It's been a long 6 months since we applied in Feb. My husband and I are overjoyed! We prayed so much for this. Goodluck Feb filers this definately will be our month!! 🙌🏿🙏🏿👍🏿🤠

CONGRATS🎉🎈🎊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

To

It's been a long 6 months since we applied in Feb. My husband and I are overjoyed! We prayed so much for this. Goodluck Feb filers this definately will be our month!! 🙌🏿🙏🏿👍🏿🤠

Congrats!!! Hope that we can share your luck and receive our EAD soon!

K1 

• I-129F sent:                       Feb 09, 2019
  • Interview:                          Aug 26, 2019
  • K1 visa received:             Sep 30, 2019
  • US Entry:                           Nov 23, 2019
  • Marriage:                          Feb 02. 2020

AOS

• Submission:                     Feb 20, 2020
  • Biometrics:                       Mar 08, 2020
  • EAD/AP Approved:          Jul 28, 2020

To

Congrats.
Did he do his biometrics before the lockdown?

K1:

Spoiler

06/21/2019 - Sent I-129F package to USCIS(California Service Center)
07/23/2019 - Received NOA1
NOA2             - Never received NOA2
11/12/2019 - Case left NVC
11/19/2019 - Case received by Consulate
01/16/2020 - Interview (APPROVED!)
01/24/2020 - Visa received
02/07/2020 - Entry into the USA (Boston-Logan POE)
02/18/2020 - Wedding

EAD & AP

Spoiler

02/26/2020 - USCIS: We received your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization.
02/26/2020 - USCIS: We received your Form I-131, Application for Travel Document.
08/14/2020 - USCIS: The fingerprints relating to your Form I-765 Application for Employment Authorization, were taken.
09/01/2020 - USCIS: We ordered your new card
09/02/2020 - USCIS: We approved your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization.
09/02/2020 - USCIS: We approved your Form I-131, Application for Travel Document.
09/09/2020 - USCIS: We mailed your new card your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, directly to the address you gave us.
09/09/2020 - Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office

AOS:

Spoiler

02/22/2020 - Filed AOS, EAD and AP at Chicago National Office. Had a bit of drama beating the deadline of 02/24 (https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/730651-february-2020-aos-filers/?do=findComment&comment=10074583)
02/26/2020 - USCIS: We received your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
03/02/2020 - Received NOA for AOS, EAD & AP
03/19/2020 - USCIS: We accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. Our National Benefits Center location is working on your case.
05/28/2020 - USCIS: We sent a request for initial evidence for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status
06/23/2020 - USCIS: We received your response for Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
08/14/2020 - USCIS: The fingerprints relating to your Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, were taken.
08/21/2020 - USCIS: We are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, for an interview.
09/02/2020 - EAD and AP approved!
10/20/2020 - USCIS: We scheduled an interview for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
11/19/2020 - USCIS: We ordered your new card.
11/20/2020 - USCIS: We approved your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
11/23/2020 - Card Was Mailed To Me

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Dis_Guy said:

Congrats.
Did he do his biometrics before the lockdown?

Thanks so much! @volts @Nativequeen😃😃😃@hkiewife I said that same thing about a week ago to @wingman23 when they got theirs and here I am now! You will probably get yours sooner, it seems like they're processing us Feb peeps now! 

@Dis_Guy yes, my husband did his Biometrics on March 2nd and USCIS updated that his status to reflect that fingerprints had been taken on that same day for the I-485 and I-765 applications, it updated 2 days later on the I-131 applications. I think lockdown was March 18th.

Edited by Cyndy&Onyi

Thanks so much! @volts @Nativequeen😃😃😃@hkiewife I said that same thing about a week ago to @wingman23 when they got theirs and here I am now! You will probably get yours sooner, it seems like they're processing us Feb peeps now! 

@Dis_Guy yes, my husband did his Biometrics on March 2nd and USCIS updated that his status to reflect that fingerprints had been taken on that same day for the I-485 and I-765 applications, it updated 2 days later on the I-131 applications. I think lockdown was March 18th.

Wow Congratulations my naija fellow. My own PD is Feb 12th and biometric was done on the 10th of March. Hopefully I get my EAD soon.. 

Edited by Pjomo

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
8 hours ago, Pjomo said:

Wow Congratulations my naija fellow. My own PD is Feb 12th and biometric was done on the 10th of March. Hopefully I get my EAD soon.. 

Omo Naija! Haha wishing you and your spouse the best! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cyprus
Timeline
20 hours ago, Cyndy&Onyi said:

To

Congratulations 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cyprus
Timeline
16 hours ago, Cyndy&Onyi said:

I was unable to do mine, it was scheduled for 18th March it was canceled. Still waiting and hope for new appointment. Congratulations once again 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 7/2/2020 at 7:13 PM, Cyndy&Onyi said:

To

Woohoo!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
On 7/2/2020 at 4:13 PM, Cyndy&Onyi said:

To

Congrats that is great news my Wife completed her fingerprints on March 10th so hopefully in a few days time we will get the same great news you have. Still waiting for something to come in the mail regarding our Interview but I expect us to wait awhile longer for that.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 7/1/2020 at 10:39 AM, Distantlove718 said:

Hey all!

Our EAD got updated today to new card is being produced. Does anyone know how long will it take to get it in the mail? And also does that mean we can go apply for a social security number ? My husband wasn’t able to get his social security number , they told him we had to wait to receive the EAD

I've been waiting since June 19th for my EAD card.. so 3 weeks from approval at least. It is a joke!

On 7/1/2020 at 12:39 PM, Distantlove718 said:

Hey all!

Our EAD got updated today to new card is being produced. Does anyone know how long will it take to get it in the mail? And also does that mean we can go apply for a social security number ? My husband wasn’t able to get his social security number , they told him we had to wait to receive the EAD

Since you did not apply for the SS card shortly after arrival, you can not apply until the EAD is in your hand. SS offices to this date are still closed due to Covad, but I am seeing some people get appointments if they are persistent. In my case my local office was closed tighter than a drum and I had to risk getting the name changed on my wife's SS card via the mail!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

I'm very glad to see so many folks getting their cards congratulations to all!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
On 7/2/2020 at 5:40 AM, TandClaudia said:

Just checking in on my fellow February filers.  We still haven't heard anything.  Trying to stay busy and stay positive.

I wish you all a happy and safe 4th of July.

Not a peep for us since we got our NOA except that we did have an RFE following that. We submitted what was requested of us, and now we continue to wait. It's certainly frustrating but we're hoping July is our month that things really get moving. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.