Greenbaum

FEBRUARY 2020 I-129F K-1 FILERS

694 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
4 hours ago, SB1089 said:

It says on my VJ timeline that my application is past due and to call USCIS to check status. Is this even possible to call and check? Has anyone done it? I’m at 154 days... no NOA2 and no RFE 😓

It takes time and patience. I haven't received and RFE or NOA2 and im at 173 days 

Does anyone have any insight as to why some applications take so much longer to approve than others? My fiancé and I checked our application meticulously and there were no mistakes. Neither of us also have never had any issues with the law or immigration services, and we've seen each other multiple times in the past two years. We're currently at 168 days and I know there are others waiting, but we're just curious as to if there's any reason ours might be taking longer, or if it really is just a random process and there's no clear reason why some applications take longer? 

2 hours ago, Angela & Brendon said:

Does anyone have any insight as to why some applications take so much longer to approve than others? My fiancé and I checked our application meticulously and there were no mistakes. Neither of us also have never had any issues with the law or immigration services, and we've seen each other multiple times in the past two years. We're currently at 168 days and I know there are others waiting, but we're just curious as to if there's any reason ours might be taking longer, or if it really is just a random process and there's no clear reason why some applications take longer? 

Your question has been answered in the first post of this thread. Use the links and you will have a better idea how cases are adjudicated.  There is a clear reason. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

42 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Your question has been answered in the first post of this thread. Use the links and you will have a better idea how cases are adjudicated.  There is a clear reason. 

Thank you for this!

1 hour ago, LoveJonLovell said:

I'd imagine there are a number of different factors. Let's go through a few hypotheticals...

Your Case is submitted, along with 1,000s of other cases.

H1 - On the day your case arrives at the correct facility, it will get handed out (I figure, a lot like letters at a post office - where they all get mixed together and piled up, not in order of arrival) 

H2 - Your application is handed to one of the 100s of workers, but let's just say there are only 100. Workers 1-15 are Fast workers, but make mistakes. 16-49 take a little longer, but get the job done. 50-83 have worked there for between 20-30 years and have seen the same types of petitions day after day and find excuses to take a break as often as possible. 84-99 are new and still learning how to process applications. Worker 100 is the 'golden' worker - never makes mistakes and gets through multiple 'jobs' per week. Which worker does your case get assigned to?

H3 - When your case is finally looked at, the worker needs to read the entire thing. Check everything is in order. Checks to see if you both are who you say you are. The worker assigned to your case is working on, for arguments sake, let's say 4, and each beneficiary is from a different country. Some countries may respond quicker to background checks than others. a message could be left with someone in your beneficiary country and the person responding may have 30 (random guess) other checks to go through, each taking a different amount of time... hours? days? weeks?

I sent 3 letters a couple of months ago - two to Kentucky (USA), one to Leeds (UK). They all left on the same day. One of the Kentucky letters arrived 5 days later. The second letter arrived in Kentucky 15 days after posting. The Leeds letter took over a month. I happen to live in the UK, so the order of events wasn't what I expected.

See... there's no way to predict the outcomes... I'm sorry you're frustrated that you haven't been approved yet, but I guess it all takes time and it's completely random.

Thank you for the perspective :) I guess for now the best thing is continue waiting and keep ourselves occupied. Apologies for posting silly questions like this, I guess it helps knowing we're not alone!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, Angela & Brendon said:

Thank you for the perspective :) I guess for now the best thing is continue waiting and keep ourselves occupied. Apologies for posting silly questions like this, I guess it helps knowing we're not alone!

It's definitely not silly! I often have to remind myself that it's real people processing our stuff! Check out BoardGameArena which my Fiancée and I use a lot to pass the time with each other! 🤓

😁😁 LDR Themed Videos - https://Youtube.com/lovejonlovell 😁😁

K1 Visa

March 3, 2020Sent I-129f to Dallas Lockbox via USPS.

March 5, 2020USCIS received I-129f application.

March 10, 2020 - Received receipt text from USCIS for NOA1.

October 8, 2020 - Case Tracker notification for RFE.

October 13, 2020 - RFE received through mail - Response sent same day.

October 19, 2020 - App Message from USCIS saying RFE response received.

November 25, 2020 - Case Tracker App Message for NOA2  approval.

December 5, 2020 - Received hard copy NOA2 through mail. Signed up to NVC Email list.

December 15, 2020 - NVC receive documents.

January 8, 2021 - Call to NVC - New Case Number assigned. Filled out DS-160.

June 29, 2021 - Joined Lawsuit King vs Blinken.

August 3, 2021 - Case Status changed from at NVC to In Transit on NVC Case Tracker.

August 9, 2021 - Case Status changed from In Transit to Ready on NVC Case Tracker. Interview and Medical Booked.

August 20, 2021 - Medical Complete.

August 25, 2021 - Interview Complete - approved subject to Medical Documents.

August 25, 2021 - Case Status to Refused subject to Medical Documents.

August 26, 2021 - Case Status changed from Refused to Administrative Processing.

August 31, 2021 - Case Status changed from Administrative Processing to Issued.

September 1, 2021 - K-1 Visa in delivered to home address and in hand!

17 hours ago, Angela & Brendon said:

We have just reached our 178th day of waiting. There's nothing remarkable about our backgrounds either. I'm a dual British and Australian Citizen so I've been putting the delays down to our bureaucrats being slower to respond than their bureaucrats! As @Greenbaum has said, the delays are most likely due to the pandemic. It could be that the team working to progress our petition are personally impacted by COVID :( My fiancé will call them to make sure they haven't lost our paperwork or whatever at the 7 month mark.

16 hours ago, midsummer said:

We have just reached our 178th day of waiting. There's nothing remarkable about our backgrounds either. I'm a dual British and Australian Citizen so I've been putting the delays down to our bureaucrats being slower to respond than their bureaucrats! As @Greenbaum has said, the delays are most likely due to the pandemic. It could be that the team working to progress our petition are personally impacted by COVID :( My fiancé will call them to make sure they haven't lost our paperwork or whatever at the 7 month mark.

Hang in there! I go through some days where I'm totally fine and calm and others where my anxiety is through the roof 🙄  it does help knowning we're not alone though, really hope you hear something soon!

On 7/31/2020 at 5:03 AM, Angela & Brendon said:

Hang in there! I go through some days where I'm totally fine and calm and others where my anxiety is through the roof 🙄  it does help knowning we're not alone though, really hope you hear something soon!

Likewise :) Today is a good day but I'll go back to checking the USCIS status page 2-3x per day just in case the app I installed isn't working or something! Yoga helps a bit too.

21 minutes ago, Joescain said:

I am so happy. We got our NOA2 yesterday- 4th of August. 2020 NOA1 was 19th February 2020. For all those waiting for NOA2, it will come. Stay strong

What next are we meant to do? Pls we need your advice 

Congratulations! Join us in the AUGUST 2020 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY thread and download the PDF file on the first post of the first page for tips, tricks, and hacks to follow your case to the embassy. I'll post both links below:

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/744595-august-2020-k-1-noa2-to-nvc-to-embassy/

PDF with tips, tricks, and hacks. BTW this PDF is updated from time to time so you might check back to ensure you have the latest information.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nfin98c33IEpB0T0FlURERriblYmlm5O/view?usp=sharing

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
11 hours ago, Joescain said:

Eu estou tão feliz. Recebemos nosso NOA2 ontem - 4 de agosto. O 2020 NOA1 foi em 19 de fevereiro de 2020. Para todos aqueles que esperam pelo NOA2, ele chegará. Manter-se forte

O que devemos fazer a seguir? Pls precisamos do seu conselho 

Congratulations... I'm anxious for my turn!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.