Greenbaum

FEBRUARY 2020 I-129F K-1 FILERS

694 posts in this topic

On 8/7/2020 at 7:46 AM, smile101 said:

It gets really frustrating now since my NOA2 hasn't come in yet 😐 its been 183 days 

Hang in there!  We were Feb 2018 filers, and ours took 185 days 🙂

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Hang in there!  We were Feb 2018 filers, and ours took 185 days 🙂

Thank you for the motivation I really appreciate it. It gave me some hope again :) I just hope it comes soon. Its very hard :(

14 minutes ago, Erin & Ricky said:

We received our approval today! I'm so happy! 😄

Congratulations! Join us in the AUGUST 2020 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY thread and download the PDF file on the first post of the first page for tips, tricks, and hacks to follow your case to the embassy. I'll post both links below:

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/744595-august-2020-k-1-noa2-to-nvc-to-embassy/

PDF with tips, tricks, and hacks. BTW this PDF is updated from time to time so you might check back to ensure you have the latest information.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nfin98c33IEpB0T0FlURERriblYmlm5O/view?usp=sharing

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I've just got a notification from Lawfully that USCIS sent RFE yesterday. I'm not sad because I know that we made a mistake and sent only one intention to marry with two signatures on it. ( I hope they only need that 😀)
I'm worried how long will it take to receive the mail. Because my fiance will come here next week and I'm not sure if we are allowed to response to RFE while he is away from US.   

1 hour ago, Naz2020 said:

I've just got a notification from Lawfully that USCIS sent RFE yesterday. I'm not sad because I know that we made a mistake and sent only one intention to marry with two signatures on it. ( I hope they only need that 😀)
I'm worried how long will it take to receive the mail. Because my fiance will come here next week and I'm not sure if we are allowed to response to RFE while he is away from US.   

Did they say what the RFE was for yet or you waiting to receive? How long will be in the US for? 

Edited by Angela & Brendon

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Angela & Brendon said:

Did they say what the RFE was for yet or you waiting to receive? How long will be in the US for? 

No extra information, we should wait until we get the mail. 

Just now, Naz2020 said:

Probably best, if you both signed the intent to marry I believe that should be enough. It could be asking you to confirm something else, I'd see what that is and then go from there

5 hours ago, Naz2020 said:

Technically speaking, an RFE is a written request for more information and documentation that USCIS mails out if they believe that they don’t yet have enough evidence to approve or deny a given application. An RFE normally is a minor item and should not be looked at like it's a denial but an opportunity for you to complete your application. USCIS would not send out an RFE if they were going to deny your application. It's just a step that they must take and once they have your information and it meets their approval then you should be seeing your NOA2.

There are many varying degrees of RFE's. Some as simple as not "ticking" off a question. Others forgot the fiancé(e) letter and then others who met on a website and now need to prove that it wasn't a marriage arrangement website.

Once you get your RFE, read over very carefully as you only have one chance to reply accurately without causing undue harm. Once you know FROM THE RFE what it is set out to correct and to include "everything" they are asking for. Then reread the RFE to ensure you are compliant. Make copies of everything for your record and send back using their instructions which are contained within the RFE. If the RFE requires a signature, PLEASE don't forget this. Include the original RFE letter along with a cover letter explaining what you are including in your reply. Like a checklist format. Once received at USCIS your case will begin adjudication where the agent had left off. No one can tell you how long it will take so be patient. 

REF's are normally received like any other mail piece, within a week. "your mileage may vary" 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
8 hours ago, Naz2020 said:

I'm glad that you got a notification :) hopefully we are next

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
11 hours ago, Naz2020 said:

Good luck! Let us know whe. You get it what happened. I did intent to marry on one page and we both signed it when I visited her just prior to submitting. I did not get an rfe. Hoping for the best for you! 

Timeline

This time you can't kick the dog (Pres Trump). The article never says it's Pres Trumps fault. Oy Vy!

The destruction of reason has seen the triumph of ignorance.  

USA Today has reported that since Congress has failed to reach a deal on a COVID-19 stimulus package, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) will proceed with its furlough of about 13,400 employees, or about two-thirds of its workforce, on August 30th.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

7 hours ago, smile101 said:

Just be glad you submitted when you did and not sooner; there have barely been any cases from March processed yet, and it looks like ones from April onwards will be delayed by this the most. We're waiting same as you but it looks like there are still at least 70 people from February that haven't been approved yet. Just hang in there a little longer!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.