79 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thanks to ALLAH (GOD) my husband got his visa 🙂🥰🥰🥰🥰 he will get the passport within 2 weeks ... 😍 thank you soo much all for the help this journey came to end 😇 
So my husband choosed urdu for the interview c/o called interepter but my husband was talking in english with interepter so the c/o asked r u educated my husband said yes i am educated i work in JS bank as assistant manager 

C/o didnt looked at any documents except original civil documents .. 
didnt look at chat logs nothinggg we had everything 

Questions were 
How many bro and sis she have ? 
When did she go to USA? 
He asked about our son 
what you will do in usa ? 
Asked about if its love or arrange marriage 
And about my divorce 

He asked about his passports . He applied for student visa for uk it got rejected. My husband told the c/o . 

He asked did you travelled anywhere outside the country he said no 

that was it c/o welcome my husband to States 🥰🥰🥰🥰

Edited by Zubaria12

Timeline
Just now, sarahfarukh said:

Congrats Zubaria, glad the process was smooth. Please do update on the time it takes for him to get back his passport as it is a concern for me.

Thanks i will :) 

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

You are saying it went from Issued to AP. That would be unusual. Issued means its been printed and attached to the passport. If its in AP then it means it has not been issued yet.

Don't want to be a downer but the AP time for males from Pakistan usually takes many months. Even though he may have been approved at the interview it does not necessarily mean he will get his passport back soon. While it might not be the case for you, you would be an exception not the rule.

Timeline
1 minute ago, designguy said:

You are saying it went from Issued to AP. That would be unusual. Issued means its been printed and attached to the passport. If its in AP then it means it has not been issued yet.

Don't want to be a downer but the AP time for males from Pakistan usually takes many months. Even though he may have been approved at the interview it does not necessarily mean he will get his passport back soon. While it might not be the case for you, you would be an exception not the rule.

Noo 

right now its AP he just got done with his interview its gonna be AP ready AP issued 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, designguy said:

He got approved for his visa . He will get the passport within 2 weeks 

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
Just now, Zubaria12 said:

He got approved for his visa . He will get the passport within 2 weeks 

An approval at the interview is not the same as having a visa issued. You can check out the forums here. Many males from Pakistan are approved at the interview and are then stuck in administrative processing for 6 months to a year+. 

The reason is that the US does not accept the police certificates from Pakistan therefore the background checks take much longer. While it could be 2 weeks, based on the experiences here you can expect it to be longer. Hopefully for you it won't be but its good to have reasonable expectations

Timeline
7 minutes ago, designguy said:

An approval at the interview is not the same as having a visa issued. You can check out the forums here. Many males from Pakistan are approved at the interview and are then stuck in administrative processing for 6 months to a year+. 

The reason is that the US does not accept the police certificates from Pakistan therefore the background checks take much longer. While it could be 2 weeks, based on the experiences here you can expect it to be longer. Hopefully for you it won't be but its good to have reasonable expectations

My case was expedite . I know that ap is longer time . But its your luck . :) we are not being put in AP . 

3 hours ago, Zubaria12 said:

Thanks to ALLAH (GOD) my husband got his visa 🙂🥰🥰🥰🥰 he will get the passport within 2 weeks ... 😍 thank you soo much all for the help this journey came to end 😇 
So my husband choosed urdu for the interview c/o called interepter but my husband was talking in english with interepter so the c/o asked r u educated my husband said yes i am educated i work in JS bank as assistant manager 

C/o didnt looked at any documents except original civil documents .. 
didnt look at chat logs nothinggg we had everything 

Questions were 
How many bro and sis she have ? 
When did she go to USA? 
He asked about our son 
what you will do in usa ? 
Asked about if its love or arrange marriage 
And about my divorce 

He asked about his passports . He applied for student visa for uk it got rejected. My husband told the c/o . 

He asked did you travelled anywhere outside the country he said no 

that was it c/o welcome my husband to States 🥰🥰🥰🥰

Congratulations I’m so happy for you :) did they ask him for affidavit or irs transcripts 

My case was expedite . I know that ap is longer time . But its your luck . :) we are not being put in AP . 

But AP cannot be expedited. Your case may have been expedited but AP is a necessary evil that everyone has to go through. And it cannot be sped up.

Keep us updated on when he gets his passport back. It will be helpful for others going through the same embassy to have an idea of timescales. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Don't see how AP can be avoided?

Case being expedited means it was expedited up until the point of AP...hopefully he won't be stuck in it too long.

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Timeline
1 hour ago, Inaaya said:

Congratulations I’m so happy for you :) did they ask him for affidavit or irs transcripts 

No they did not ask him for anything . Check my post. Its your good luck that works most of the men are being put in AP 

35 minutes ago, H&T said:

Hopefully they will issue the visa in 2 weeks. Male from Pakistan usually get a few months on AP due to background check.

Yup they will . 🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.