79 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
2 minutes ago, missileman said:

Is that a joke?  That is not good advice at all....it's reckless, in fact......Extended Administrative Processing can last for months or years.........or it could be denied after admin processing.........

but in that cases,  the immigration officer don't tell you that your visa is approved at the end of the interview . 

when it is approved , it is approved , and the visa is "issued" within 4-6  business days . there is no reason to get extensive ap or denial 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
9 hours ago, Zubaria12 said:

Thanks to ALLAH (GOD) my husband got his visa 🙂🥰🥰🥰🥰 he will get the passport within 2 weeks ... 😍 thank you soo much all for the help this journey came to end 😇 
So my husband choosed urdu for the interview c/o called interepter but my husband was talking in english with interepter so the c/o asked r u educated my husband said yes i am educated i work in JS bank as assistant manager 

C/o didnt looked at any documents except original civil documents .. 
didnt look at chat logs nothinggg we had everything 

Questions were 
How many bro and sis she have ? 
When did she go to USA? 
He asked about our son 
what you will do in usa ? 
Asked about if its love or arrange marriage 
And about my divorce 

He asked about his passports . He applied for student visa for uk it got rejected. My husband told the c/o . 

He asked did you travelled anywhere outside the country he said no 

that was it c/o welcome my husband to States 🥰🥰🥰🥰

Congrats!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
5 minutes ago, mathcore said:

but in that cases,  the immigration officer don't tell you that your visa is approved at the end of the interview . 

when it is approved , it is approved , and the visa is "issued" within 4-6  business days . there is no reason to get extensive ap or denial 

Not true at all.....you should read more.....you are spreading misinformation.   Pakistan is known for extended administrative processing after the CO says "approved".  There are also cases which ended in denials after the CO said "approved".

Edited by missileman

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
2 minutes ago, missileman said:

Not true at all.....you should read more.....you do not know what you are talking about.....

so , what would be the reasons for being denied after being approved at the interview? and how often it happen? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 minute ago, mathcore said:

so , what would be the reasons for being denied after being approved at the interview? and how often it happen? 

background checks, etc.  It happens......

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

10 minutes ago, mathcore said:

You're new here, so I will tell you that this is INCORRECT.  There have been countless VJ members who have gotten a verbal "approval" at interviews, only to find that extensive AP/221g follows.....

7 minutes ago, mathcore said:

Actually getting denied after being told approved is quite uncommon but happens.

Extended AP for background checks - sometimes several months to a year (longest I've seen was 3.5 years) - can still occur.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, Srzk said:

How you know before issued it will go from  AP to Ready then Ap again then issued ? Any specific reason ?

I know that . I knew from facebook group called nvc help . 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

May i say congratulations

but also,,  heed the posts from the experience here about expecting a long AP for India

may not be because of travel but it is ,  as others have said,  for the additional security checks needed for this country as so many have the same name

I have seen posts of this nature now for 10 years since our 1st application in 2009

even when people were asked to fill out the horrible ds5535 (which has its own post on here if you do a search),  those people were approved and had to wait a year for the security check (a denial would have come during interview and they would not have been asked to do the form)

now, it seems to be replaced with the new version of ds160 or ds260 which asks for a lot of the same info as the ds5535

You will go thru AP  / it is inevitable

and there are a few cases where CO said approved and then was denied

2 in Morocco i know about 

K1 approved and given the "welcome to the US phamlet"   6 months later his USC financee received a denial message

and a CR1 man was told to pick up his visa at Aramex and then a call came saying to pick it up and bring it to embassy as a mistake had been made.  He did thinking a small typing error/  but they stamped it revoked

so,  it may be a small fraction of the people being approved and then denied but it does happen 

you need now to just be happy the CO said approved and pray the visa comes thru

but if USCIS did it fast they would say sell your things and quit your job and this is not what they say

they say "DO NOT SELL YOUR PROPERTY OR QUIT YOUR JOB until the visa is in hand"

congratulations again and the best to the both of you when you are together finally

15 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

but also,,  heed the posts from the experience here about expecting a long AP for India

Islamabad, Pakistan* :P

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
40 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

May i say congratulations

may not be because of travel but it is ,  as others have said,  for the additional security checks needed for this country as so many have the same name

I have seen posts of this nature now for 10 years since our 1st application in 2009

even when people were asked to fill out the horrible ds5535 (which has its own post on here if you do a search),  those people were approved and had to wait a year for the security check (a denial would have come during interview and they would not have been asked to do the form)

now, it seems to be replaced with the new version of ds160 or ds260 which asks for a lot of the same info as the ds5535

You will go thru AP  / it is inevitable

and there are a few cases where CO said approved and then was denied

2 in Morocco i know about 

K1 approved and given the "welcome to the US phamlet"   6 months later his USC financee received a denial message

and a CR1 man was told to pick up his visa at Aramex and then a call came saying to pick it up and bring it to embassy as a mistake had been made.  He did thinking a small typing error/  but they stamped it revoked

so,  it may be a small fraction of the people being approved and then denied but it does happen 

you need now to just be happy the CO said approved and pray the visa comes thru

but if USCIS did it fast they would say sell your things and quit your job and this is not what they say

they say "DO NOT SELL YOUR PROPERTY OR QUIT YOUR JOB until the visa is in hand"

congratulations again and the best to the both of you when you are together finally

Thank you so much 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.