23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I feel like once people went through the interview process they forget about this website and about all the people waiting to hear back about their experience. 

My Fiance and I are pending the interview and studying dozens of "most common questions asked" ... But would love to have your personal experience with the interview and most importantly WHAT DID THEY ASK YOU? 

I think this site is lacking the support of AFTER receiving/ or not the Visa.

PLEASE comment below, tell us how your interview went and help the rest of us. ❤️❤️

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Here's what my fiancé (now husband) was asked at his interview in Casablanca:

-How and when did you meet your fiancé(e)? 
When did you first meet in person (if met online)? 
-How many times have you met in person? 

-How many times has she been to Morocco? 
How long did you date before getting engaged? 
-When did you get engaged (exact date)? 
-Who proposed and how? 
-What did they say to the proposal? 
-When was the last time you saw your fiancé(e)? 
-Did you have an engagement party? 
-What do you (beneficiary) do for a living? 
-What does the petitioner do for a living? 
-Do you want to have children?
-When are you planning on getting married? 
-Do you have any wedding plans (location, guest info)?
-What does your fiancé(e) like (hobbies, favorite book, meal T.V show, ECT.)? 
-What kinds of things do you enjoy doing together? 
-What do you and your fiancé(e) have in common? 
-Have you met or spoken to your fiancé(e)’s children or any other family members? 
-Where does the petitioner live (state, city)? 
-What do you love about your fiancé(e)? 
-What is your fiancé(e)’s name? 
-How old is your fiancé(e)? 
-What do you know about your fiancé(e)’s previous relationship (if applicable)? 
-What faith does your fiancé(e) practice?  
-What is your faith background?  
-Has your fiancé(e) ever been convicted of a crime? 
-Has your family met your fiancé(e)? What do they think of them? 
-(If using a co-sponsor) Who is your co-sponsor? Why are they willing to sponsor you? How was your fiancé(e) able to afford trips to Morocco if they have a limited income? 
-What do you plan to do once you arrived in the USA? 
-Why did you decide to marry in the USA rather than in your country?  

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Timeline

Questions at Casa will depend on whether or not there are red flags

normal interview is 

how and when did you first start talking?

when did you meet in person ?

How many times have you been together?

if USC is divorced ,  when and why?

if USC has children how many and ages?

the CO may ask about other family 

they can ask anything like USC favorite color or entertainment

if they have reason to doubt the validity of the relationship , the CO is known to throw in a trick question

like "what did the USC have for breakfast?"   answer would be USC is not up yet as the time is a quite a bit different

not she likes coffee and cheese or something else

BTW they know from your application if there is any prior marriages and the trips

so, if there is a doubt about anything,  the CO will ask for dates of when things happened

but mostly,  in reality,  the interview and outcome is going to depend on your "face time together",  how long you have known each other and whether or not there are any red flags

RJandHamd went thru a successful K1 interview and they can add a lot more

Edited by JeanneAdil

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I have seen no end of interview experiences.

I think the common theme is how anti climatic they were, normally just a couple of questions, certainly was in my case.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I believe you'll find what you're looking for here:  https://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Morocco&cty=&dfilter=5

This site is full of resources, support, and advice for every phase of the process. 

28 minutes ago, Andiep said:

I feel like once people went through the interview process they forget about this website and about all the people waiting to hear back about their experience. 

My Fiance and I are pending the interview and studying dozens of "most common questions asked" ... But would love to have your personal experience with the interview and most importantly WHAT DID THEY ASK YOU? 

I think this site is lacking the support of AFTER receiving/ or not the Visa.

PLEASE comment below, tell us how your interview went and help the rest of us. ❤️❤️

Here is a little trick from VJ where those who you might have thought forgot about editorializing their interview experience. Tap on your flag in your profile in the column on the left side of this page. There you will experience a TON of information on your journey. It pays to get out of your comfort zone and explore. Try the different links from the blue ribbon above and see what unfolds before your eyes. Best of luck with your upcoming interview.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

and i do wish people would keep up their timelines as there is no way to come up with good stats when they do not follow thru telling of an approval or denial and how the move to the US is going and the further process to citizenship

as for stats from USCIS you can check month by month and embassy by embassy to see how many applications are approved on the following site

(for all classes of visa applications)

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-statistics.html

Timeline
12 hours ago, RJandHamid said:

Here's what my fiancé (now husband) was asked at his interview in Casablanca:

-How and when did you meet your fiancé(e)? 
When did you first meet in person (if met online)? 
-How many times have you met in person? 

-How many times has she been to Morocco? 
How long did you date before getting engaged? 
-When did you get engaged (exact date)? 
-Who proposed and how? 
-What did they say to the proposal? 
-When was the last time you saw your fiancé(e)? 
-Did you have an engagement party? 
-What do you (beneficiary) do for a living? 
-What does the petitioner do for a living? 
-Do you want to have children?
-When are you planning on getting married? 
-Do you have any wedding plans (location, guest info)?
-What does your fiancé(e) like (hobbies, favorite book, meal T.V show, ECT.)? 
-What kinds of things do you enjoy doing together? 
-What do you and your fiancé(e) have in common? 
-Have you met or spoken to your fiancé(e)’s children or any other family members? 
-Where does the petitioner live (state, city)? 
-What do you love about your fiancé(e)? 
-What is your fiancé(e)’s name? 
-How old is your fiancé(e)? 
-What do you know about your fiancé(e)’s previous relationship (if applicable)? 
-What faith does your fiancé(e) practice?  
-What is your faith background?  
-Has your fiancé(e) ever been convicted of a crime? 
-Has your family met your fiancé(e)? What do they think of them? 
-(If using a co-sponsor) Who is your co-sponsor? Why are they willing to sponsor you? How was your fiancé(e) able to afford trips to Morocco if they have a limited income? 
-What do you plan to do once you arrived in the USA? 
-Why did you decide to marry in the USA rather than in your country?  

Thanks, these are the questions we have been going over. 

Timeline
11 hours ago, Joyoussinger said:

I believe you'll find what you're looking for here:  https://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Morocco&cty=&dfilter=5

This site is full of resources, support, and advice for every phase of the process. 

Thank you! this was very helpful 

Timeline
9 hours ago, Andiep said:

Thank you! this was very helpful 

you should always be reading the embassy reviews and the post there 

you should also know that when you check the USCIS embassy site i gave you for K1 approvals ,  that the approvals are a small fraction of the K1 interviews that take place at the Casa embassy

it is an extremely hard embassy

I think others have already pointed out where you can find what you're looking for. However, be careful with studying interview questions like you're doing. The interview is simply a conversation about your relationship, and you don't want it to look like your fiancé(e) has memorized answers to every possible question; that would look suspicious.

My interview was in Amsterdam, so very different from yours. I just got some basic questions about where and how we met, and why I wanted to move to him instead of him moving to the Netherlands. I was also asked why someone like me who was pursuing a PhD would want to marry a pizza delivery guy, and if he was capable of having "smart conversations". COs are trained to ask questions that may make you feel uncomfortable so they can see how you respond.

Edited by Marieke H
Added information

My K1 visa interview was in London. It was a much less intense interview than I expected. I spent less than 5 minutes talking to the officer. She was busy photocopying some of my documents whilst asking me questions and she only asked me how many times we have met each other (we had two visits in England and three in America across that two year period) and the other question was where she lives and what her job is I think. She then told me I was done and they were happy to approve me (still dependent on customs officer decision at U.S. Airport)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
On 1/6/2020 at 2:42 PM, JeanneAdil said:

you should always be reading the embassy reviews and the post there 

you should also know that when you check the USCIS embassy site i gave you for K1 approvals ,  that the approvals are a small fraction of the K1 interviews that take place at the Casa embassy

it is an extremely hard embassy

Do you advice to apply for the embassy in Rabat and not the one in CASA

Timeline
11 minutes ago, AAF95 said:

Do you advice to apply for the embassy in Rabat and not the one in CASA

Visa interviews are done in Casa not Rabat

i believe for students studying abroad you can apply to Rabat but still would interview in Casa (I can be wrong but i have seen it done this way thru university study program)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
17 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

Visa interviews are done in Casa not Rabat

i believe for students studying abroad you can apply to Rabat but still would interview in Casa (I can be wrong but i have seen it done this way thru university study program)

Thanks a lot guys ... btw what would be the cheapest  fastest way to mail papers from the Morocco to the US

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.