TBoneTX

N-400 and I-751 Combo Pending -- Part 2

445 posts in this topic

Hi, received Interview letter today in the mail for N-400, I-751 is still pending so we are assuming a Combo interview, MSC , Local field office Houston, TX.

I-751 8/11/2020 ( still pending)
N-400 04/05/2022
Interview was Scheduled Text/email update on 10/27/2022
Interview 11/9/2022

Good luck to all of you guys and InshaAllah all will go well.Take care bye.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2022 at 3:52 PM, Butterfly2 said:

Hi, received Interview letter today in the mail for N-400, I-751 is still pending so we are assuming a Combo interview, MSC , Local field office Houston, TX.

I-751 8/11/2020 ( still pending)
N-400 04/05/2022
Interview was Scheduled Text/email update on 10/27/2022
Interview 11/9/2022

Good luck to all of you guys and InshaAllah all will go well.Take care bye.

What was your i751 status until the day of the n400 interview? Did they end up doing a combo? Did your spouse attend as well? I have a pending i751 with the most recent update last June 8th, 'fingerprints taken. 

Got my n400 update on November 9, set for December 13th, InshaAllah.

On 5/27/2022 at 12:12 PM, da95826 said:

Yes they will 100 % do a combo interview, that is what happened with us just 12 days ago in Sacramento so be prepared to do the i751 and n400 at the same appointment.  We got no notice on the i751 at all, only the n400.

Did you get to the interview location with your spouse?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline
14 minutes ago, theblooray said:

Did you get to the interview location with your spouse?

Yes we were both allowed into the field office by security, and both called into the combo interview from the waiting room for the combo i751/n400 interview.

We only had an n400 invitation but both of us were admitted into the FO and both called in for the interview

It does not always work out that the interviewing officer is ready to do both i751 and n400 interviews (may not have i751 file at office) but I think in most cases they do have the complete immigration file for the combo interview that is what happens most commonly. If not, request IO to do an i751 interview while you are both there.

K1 Visa Arrived USA July 2017

Married August 2017

AOS Approved July 2018

Filed for i751 joint application May 2020

Fingerprints reused October 2020, and February 2021 and June 2021 (Yes 3 fingerprint notices)

Case move to National Benefits Center December 2020 for quicker processing from California Service Center

Oct 2021 out of processing time inquiry made, response May 5th 2022 that our i751 case will be addressed at our n400 interview

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento

Approved June 08, 2022

Filed for Naturalization May 2021

Fingerprints reused May 2021

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento, 

Approved June 08, 2022

Oath Ceremony completed June 29th 2022

Hello Everyone,

I just came out of an N-400 interview with a pending I-751 at LIN processing center.

I brought my husband to the N-400 interview in case they wanted to do a combo adjudication.

When it was my turn to be called in, my husband was told to stay in the waiting area.

I told the IO while we were walking to her office that I brought my husband because of a pending I-751, and she said that some other IOs would require the spouse to be present in cases of a pending I-751 but for her, she said she will process the N-400 and if I pass it, she will review the I-751 and approve it without the need for another interview.

The interview went well, citizenship questions, yes and no answers, confirmation of personal information, and then I got a paper that I have passed the naturalization exams and I am approved for naturalization, however the oath taking will have to be scheduled because she needs to approve the A-file for the I-751 first.

She said to watch for the mail on the oath-taking ceremony.

Almost there.

Cheers,

G&A

55 minutes ago, Gaps0214 said:

Hello Everyone,

I just came out of an N-400 interview with a pending I-751 at LIN processing center.

I brought my husband to the N-400 interview in case they wanted to do a combo adjudication.

When it was my turn to be called in, my husband was told to stay in the waiting area.

I told the IO while we were walking to her office that I brought my husband because of a pending I-751, and she said that some other IOs would require the spouse to be present in cases of a pending I-751 but for her, she said she will process the N-400 and if I pass it, she will review the I-751 and approve it without the need for another interview.

The interview went well, citizenship questions, yes and no answers, confirmation of personal information, and then I got a paper that I have passed the naturalization exams and I am approved for naturalization, however the oath taking will have to be scheduled because she needs to approve the A-file for the I-751 first.

She said to watch for the mail on the oath-taking ceremony.

Almost there.

Cheers,

G&A

Very helpful. Thanks for the update!

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Adding my case here to help others as well. My cases timelines:

I-751 - NBC case

•  Filed: 2021-05-18
  • Biometrics:  2021-07-28
  • Case was ready for interview: 2022-02-09

Nothing else has happened ever since there.

Then, I filed for N-400 (Field Office: Nashville - TN)

•  Filed: 2022-06-12
  • Waived biometrics (reused)
  • Received an interview letter: 2022-10-28
  • Interview scheduled for: 2022-12-06 (letter just mentioned N-400, no combo, status of i-751 never changed)

The interview:
Arrived at the office as scheduled, my husband was not allowed in, but everyone was friendly there. Also, almost no one wearing masks.
I waited for more than 2 hours (!!!) for my turn. This got me very frustrated, even the security guards were worried for how long I was waiting. Everyone came in and out, and I was there, just waiting. It turned out the officer I was assigned to was behind schedule (not given any details on what exactly), but these things happen, so I just let it go. She apologized when she called for me, and everything went well.

She asked about my pending removal of conditions and said that we would do both interviews, and my husband presence was not necessary.
She confirmed some basic personal information, then went on to civics. I think my questions were:
- What was the threat from the cold war
- Name one right only to citizens
- Name one obligation only to citizens
- If president cant serve, who replaces him
- Name 3 of the original 13 colonies
The last question I forgot

Reading sentence was something about country that borders the US (forgot it now). And writing sentece was "Citizens can vote".
Then she asked the standard questions for allegiance, if I am affiliated with any groups, etc, etc.

We moved into the i-751 part. She first started confirming some of my personal information, and from there she pulled in the affidavit questions. She made it sound like a casual conversation, it was very nice. For example, she confirmed my address and my husband's, and then asked about if we ever lived together before that, then how we met, who proposed, etc.
She asked if I had more evidence to provide, I first gave her more photos, and she looked at the photos and asked about the situations in them (people we were with, where was each trip, etc).
I was going to give her updated files for our finances, but they were the same banks and cards, just newer statements. She said it was not necessary and didn't take any.

She then said she would approve me, but my files for the i-751 have not arrived at her office yet, so she needs to wait before approving, and if she needs anything else, I'd have to mail in, no need to get back there, but she doesn't think anything else was necessary. She told me to keep an eye in the USCIS status page for updates in the upcoming week or so.

She also told me my oath will likely be to a USCIS office that is closer to my home ( had to drive 5 hours to Nashville), so that's also good.

Right now I am waiting for the official approval and the oath letter. Hopefully will happen soon.

For context, we are a young couple, we do not own any assets together, and affidavit proof submitted was mostly joint bank accounts, credit cards, health insurance, filed taxes and pictures.

Good luck everyone!

Edited by luneta
fixing typo

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Paper filed N400 and received  I-797 receipt notice and Biometric waiver. I-751 was filed in November 2021 and status still shows case received. Any estimates on how long before the case is transfered to NBC and then local office. Local office is Lawrence MA

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Syria
Timeline
On 1/4/2023 at 10:00 AM, skapali said:

Paper filed N400 and received  I-797 receipt notice and Biometric waiver. I-751 was filed in November 2021 and status still shows case received. Any estimates on how long before the case is transfered to NBC and then local office. Local office is Lawrence MA

N400 receipt Oct 7, 2022 (local office Hartford, CT)

Status still showing “case is being actively reviewed”

I-751 receipt September 3, 2021 (EAC/Vermont Service Center)

October 18, 2022 - “case transferred to another office for processing” 

October 22 - “case was transferred and a new office has jurisdiction”

Case was transferred to NBC 11 days after N400 NOA1 and to local office a few days after that. 

Edited by ET9709

13 hours ago, ET9709 said:

Case was transferred to NBC 11 days after N400 NOA1 and to local office a few days after that. 

Your case is moving faster than ours did.

Our pending I-751 didn't transfer to NBC until about a month after passing the N-400 interview, and that's about 3 months after the NOA on N-400 application.

I hope this gives you some perspective.

Cheers

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
13 hours ago, ET9709 said:

Thanks for the feedack. It has been abou 17 days since i filed N400 and no movement yet on my I-751. guess will have to wait it out patiently.

Edited by skapali
added details

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to give my update, it might be helpful to someone. 
I filed I-751 in September 2019 

I then filed N-400 in July 2022

Just had my combo interview on 17th of January. Both applications approved, the ceremony is next week. I-751 was originally sent to Potomac, then it got transferred to NBC and later Jacksonville, FL where the interview was held. Overall, almost 2,5 years of waiting for I-751 and 7 months for N-400!

• 1 month later...

Sharing my timeline here as well.

I-751:

- Filed: September 14th 2021

- Biometric reuse: October 2021

Nothing since.

N400:

- Filed: September 13th 2021

- Biometric reuse and NOA: same day as filing

- Interview notice: December 23rd, 2022

- Interview day: Feb 8th, 2023.

Took my spouse with me to the interview and we got interviewed together first. Then I was interviewed alone for my pending N400. Received the decision couldn't be made notice because my file hadn't been transferred over so the officer was unable to review my I-751. It's been over two weeks now and no updates. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline
19 hours ago, phillyfiler13 said:

Then I was interviewed alone for my pending N400. Received the decision couldn't be made notice because my file hadn't been transferred over so the officer was unable to review my I-751. It's been over two weeks now and no updates. 

In our combo interview it took three weeks for both cases to be approved after interview, may take a bit longer in your case due to the l751 file not at the field office during interview.

Hope USCIS gets it act together soon and approves your cases in the next few weeks. 

K1 Visa Arrived USA July 2017

Married August 2017

AOS Approved July 2018

Filed for i751 joint application May 2020

Fingerprints reused October 2020, and February 2021 and June 2021 (Yes 3 fingerprint notices)

Case move to National Benefits Center December 2020 for quicker processing from California Service Center

Oct 2021 out of processing time inquiry made, response May 5th 2022 that our i751 case will be addressed at our n400 interview

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento

Approved June 08, 2022

Filed for Naturalization May 2021

Fingerprints reused May 2021

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento, 

Approved June 08, 2022

Oath Ceremony completed June 29th 2022

10 minutes ago, da95826 said:

In our combo interview it took three weeks for both cases to be approved after interview, may take a bit longer in your case due to the l751 file not at the field office during interview.

Hope USCIS gets it act together soon and approves your cases in the next few weeks. 

I hope so too. 3 weeks for me would be this coming Wednesday. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.