TBoneTX

N-400 and I-751 Combo Pending -- Part 2

445 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hey guys! My N400 interview is scheduled on May 21-st (LA office) , presumably it's gonna be a combo interview (No official words yet). 
I sent bank statements, affidavits from friends, travel tickets etc, with the package. I also sent a photo album but they returned it.

What else should I take with me for the interview? Im planning to bring that album + recent photos from the trips + recent bank statements. 

December 2009 - First met.

February 2010 - Start of our relationship <3
January 7 2016 -Our Wedding in a romantic town of Aeroskobing <3

April 1 2016 - Sent CR1 package to RapidVisa.

April 18 2016 - CR1 Package delivered to USCIS Phoenix lock box.

April 22 2016 - Acceptance notification received by email. Case sent to Nebraska Service Center.

May 03 2016 - NOA1 hard copy received.

May 24 2016 - Return to the US to reestablish domicile.

August 3 2016 - Case transferred to Texas Service Center.

August 29 2016 - I-130 approved! (NOA2) <3 <3 <3

September 30 2016 - NVC Recieved.
November 14 2016 - Sent AOS and IV packages to Rapidvisa! :D
November 29 2016 - SCAN DATE!
February 15 2017 - Case Complete at NVC (11 weeks)
March 28 2017 - My Interview Day! :D (APPROVED!!!)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Finally they scheduled my interview for end of May for N-400 and I-751 still pending. I wonder if it's going to be a Combo interview or just N-400.
ROC I-751 Filed 2019-03-08
Still pending and no status change observed
Filed N400 online 2020-03-19
Bio Reused Notice 2020-12-14
Interview scheduled 2020-04-14
Actual interview on 2020-05-2X
Sacramento, California is my local USCIS Office.
Is there any way to figure out if its going to be combo or just N-400?

WhatsApp Image 2021-04-21 at 12.28.02 AM.jpeg

Removal of Conditions

03/08/19  Sent ROC package to Arizona from California

03/11/19  Received by USCIS with Signature

03/15/19  Moneyorders were cashed out

No text or mail from USCIS received yet, Fingers Crossed!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
15 hours ago, Mr & Mrs Umer said:
Finally they scheduled my interview for end of May for N-400 and I-751 still pending. I wonder if it's going to be a Combo interview or just N-400.
ROC I-751 Filed 2019-03-08
Still pending and no status change observed
Filed N400 online 2020-03-19
Bio Reused Notice 2020-12-14
Interview scheduled 2020-04-14
Actual interview on 2020-05-2X
Sacramento, California is my local USCIS Office.
Is there any way to figure out if its going to be combo or just N-400?

WhatsApp Image 2021-04-21 at 12.28.02 AM.jpeg

You can go and check your NOA in your myuscis account. It is usually uploaded there prior to receiving your physical one in the mail. It will say there if you are the only one needed. 

Current timeline:

July 2019 - filed I-751

August 2020 - filed N400

Sept. 2020 - i-751 status "Case Was Transferred to a New Office". Transferred to NBC.

April 12, 2021 - N400 interview in LA passed (with a pending i-751)

May 20, 2021 - I-751 status changed to Approved and N400 status changed to Oath Will Be Scheduled. 🤩

May 21, 2021 - received a call and email from USCIS Los Angeles with my NOA with my oath schedule.

May 28, 2021 - oath taking schedule in USCIS DTLA office. 😍

Hi all..I filed i751 April 10,2019 got rfe June 2020 and submitted my rfe August 2020 haven't heard anything since then I went to get a stamp November 2020 and was told my case was here at the hartford field office in que for interview..I filed n400 on March 17,2021 got notice of acceptance same night then on the 19th I checked my case I didn't see anything decided to just check document tab and I saw biometric reused I didn't get any notice or update.i went this Tuesday to get i551 stamp again and officer told me they are now scheduling these cases for interview for next month and ask if I didn't receive a notice I said no she said i should be getting it soon because they last touched my i751 4 days ago 

Now my question is : 1 when would I get that letter because nothing shows online apart from rfe received..(I asked her about that she said no one at the local office does update so ill see that)

2: how likely would i get the 751 and n400 interview if its really scheduled for next month do u think they would just do the n400 being i just applied last month 

TIA..

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
On 12/28/2020 at 4:02 PM, DannyAdelante said:

Just wanted to give an update on my two applications.

I submitted my I-751 in October 2018, and my N-400 in September 2019.  Had no activity on my I-751 after my biometrics appointment in November 2018 - almost two years.  Got an interview scheduled for my N-400 in April 2020, and was immediately de-scheduled because of the pandemic.

Fast forward a few months, and I got my N-400 interview re-scheduled for November 3rd in New York City - Election Day.

Everything I had read, and even after speaking to my lawyers, indicated that it would be a combo interview.  But when I was called for my interview, the interviewer said she only did N-400 interviews, and the I-751 was nothing to do with her, she had never heard of anyone doing combo interviews, and that it would be a different office processing that. She could not even tell me if I would need to come in for another interview or not.

Interview went fine, and at the end she was like "I can't give you a decision because of your pending I-751".  I asked if they could call that office, as it was in the same building, and it was my understanding that combo interviews were fairly common when the I-751 had not been processed.  She said she had never heard of that, and she could only give me a "no decision made yet" piece of paper, and said I could go home.

I was really dejected.  I had hoped to become a citizen that day, or at least get a date for my oath ceremony (everyone who got approved on November 3rd was given a December 18th date for their Oath Ceremony), but still felt that I was in limbo.

She then must have escalated my I-751 case because it was approved that same afternoon, and I received my approval letter the following day, on the 4th.

The I-751 approval letter stated:

We have approved your I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence. Our records also indicate that we have approved your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization. Because we also approved your N-400, you will not receive a new Permanent Resident Card (also known as a Green Card). Instead, once you have taken the Oath of Allegiance, you will receive a Certificate of Naturalization, which will be proof of your U.S. citizenship. If you have questions regarding this process, please contact the USCIS Contact Center at 800-375-5283.

So, that was great. But since then I have heard nothing.

The estimated case completion time stated January 2021 - 2/3 months after the interview, but last week, that estimated case completion time was pushed back a further two months to March 2021.

When I check my USCIS status both online and via their automated phone system, it says that my "Interview Has Been Scheduled".  There is nothing about it being completed (which it was) or approved (which the letter says is the case).

I called USCIS and spoke to an agent. They said that did seem strange, and that they could not see anything on their end, but that they could not investigate my case until at least 60 days had passed from my interview (which took place 55 days ago).

So, overall, I guess I should be happy that my citizenship seems to have been approved? But it looks like it is stuck in their system because of an error, and keeps getting needlessly delayed. And I do not have either a new Green Card with conditions removed or my certificate of naturalization.

I finally got the letter approving my Naturalization today, and scheduling my Oath Ceremony.  It is scheduled for May 28, 2021.

Here is my timeline:
October 2018 - Applied for Removal of Conditions (I-751) in October 2018

September 2019 - Applied for Naturalization (N-400) in September 2019

March 9, 2020 - Naturalization interview scheduled for April 20, 2020, then canceled because of the pandemic

September 2020 - Naturalization interview scheduled for November 3, 2020

November 3, 2020 - Had Naturalization interview. Interview went well, but was told a decision could not be made on Naturalization because of my pending I-751 application

November 4, 2020 - I-751, Removal of Conditions, Approved. Received letter saying that I would not receive a new Green Card because I would be scheduled for my Oath Ceremony soon

Five and a half months of no information followed, after several calls to USCIS with no information, three separate inquiries to my field office that all came back "your application is still being reviewed" (which means they didn't even look at it). The entire time, my USCIS profile status was March 9, 2020 - We scheduled an interview for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, which was obviously wrong, as they had not updated my profile page in over a year since then, despite multiple things happening.

April 22, 2021 - We recommended that your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, be approved. Your case was submitted for quality review.
April 22, 2021 - Your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, was placed in line for oath ceremony scheduling.

April 22, 2021 - Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed

So, all in all, it will have been 20 months (September 2019 - May 2021) from N-400 application to approval.  Extremely relieved, but also frustrated at the long periods without any explanation for delays, while seeing people in the same field office get approved on much shorter timelines.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
6 hours ago, DannyAdelante said:

I finally got the letter approving my Naturalization today, and scheduling my Oath Ceremony.  It is scheduled for May 28, 2021.

Here is my timeline:
October 2018 - Applied for Removal of Conditions (I-751) in October 2018

September 2019 - Applied for Naturalization (N-400) in September 2019

March 9, 2020 - Naturalization interview scheduled for April 20, 2020, then canceled because of the pandemic

September 2020 - Naturalization interview scheduled for November 3, 2020

November 3, 2020 - Had Naturalization interview. Interview went well, but was told a decision could not be made on Naturalization because of my pending I-751 application

November 4, 2020 - I-751, Removal of Conditions, Approved. Received letter saying that I would not receive a new Green Card because I would be scheduled for my Oath Ceremony soon

Five and a half months of no information followed, after several calls to USCIS with no information, three separate inquiries to my field office that all came back "your application is still being reviewed" (which means they didn't even look at it). The entire time, my USCIS profile status was March 9, 2020 - We scheduled an interview for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, which was obviously wrong, as they had not updated my profile page in over a year since then, despite multiple things happening.

April 22, 2021 - We recommended that your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, be approved. Your case was submitted for quality review.
April 22, 2021 - Your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, was placed in line for oath ceremony scheduling.

April 22, 2021 - Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed

So, all in all, it will have been 20 months (September 2019 - May 2021) from N-400 application to approval.  Extremely relieved, but also frustrated at the long periods without any explanation for delays, while seeing people in the same field office get approved on much shorter timelines.

Yay! Glad there’s finally an end in sight for you!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
On 4/13/2021 at 1:53 PM, marthasofi said:

Good afternoon guys,
I had my combo interview yesterday April 12, 2021 at the Portland, OR office and I thought it would be important to share my experience with the VisaJourney community that has helped me so greatly! ♥♥

--------------------- I applied under the 3-year rule -----------------

◘ March 5th: Interview was scheduled for 12Apr2021 @ 8:40am

1. About the date of the interview:

◘ Got in the building 15 minutes earlier. I was wearing high heels and they made me take them off, lol. I went in with my husband as my I-751 application stated it was mandatory he came with me.

◘ I was the 3rd person to get in the building. At 9:05 my name was called, the Immigration Officer asked us to follow her to her office. She was serious and quiet, I kind of wished I had other Immigration Officers, they looked way more easygoing? Who knows.

◘ Once I was sat there I could tell she had a huge pile! She explained it was everything the government had on file for me, since my K1 fiancee visa was submitted (back to 2016!)

1.1. The Removal of Conditions Interview (or I-751)

1.1.2. About the relationship:

She asked me and my husband:

– Where did you meet?

– When did you meet?

– Where do you like to vacation?

– What are your favorite activities as a couple? We got talking about snow, skiing, Idaho, Wyoming, etc. It was a fun topic.

– When did you guys marry?

– When was the last time you visited her country (Peru)?

– Did you bring with you any additional evidence since  you last file for your ROC (I-751)? Oh yes, sure thing, I had brought with me 6 big files in those huge folder, containing last 4 year taxes, last 4 year bank statements, utility bills, house deed and the whole stack of purchase info (as we bought a house), titles of both of our cars under our names, health insurance which states my husband is under my insurance, dental insurance, photos, 401k information, life insurance. She looked it at all!!! Big FYI. She was extremely thankful I was so organized. I used colorful tabs for all of my info. Taxes were in one folder, bank statements in another and so on.

– She then excused herself for taking some time to "enter" some information in her computer. She took like 5-7 minutes, we were just like looking at the wall when she said "Phew, ok, I'm done, you case looks solid, I'm recommending you for approval. We will move onto the N-400 application". She turned to my husband and said he can stay or he can leave for that portion of the interview, either way, he was welcome to participate. He decided to stay.

1.2. The Citizenship section (or N-400)

I can say this experience is a standard as it can get. I've read past experiences and they are all same Modus Operandi:

– I was asked 6 questions, I got them all right, she stopped right there. They were as follows:

– For the oral exam, I was asked to repeat after her "What state has the most population?"

– For the writing exam, I was asked to write in the pad: "California has the most people". 

– She went through all of the Yes/No questions (terrorism, international organizations, if I had commited any crimes, etc. etc.)

– Officer mentioned I had approved and the last step is the Oath of Allegiance, I should get a letter in the mail and on my online account stating the details of the ceremony. She said I should get a reply from them in a month regarding date and time, no more than that. If that did happened, I should get a hold of them.

– I asked regarding Same Day Oath ceremonies and she said they still do offer them, but only for those who had driven 4 hours or so, not for locals. I thought it was a lame excuse, we were so few of us, I would dare to say only 6. But anyways, I was of course thankful and left the room.

**Important: I had done a Change Of Address at the time of my Naturalization Application, but it looks like they never got it. they still had my old address on file, thankfully I had brought with me the screenshot of when I changed my address through "My USCIS" and the confirmation letter they had sent me. She looked surprised. You have to go as confidente as you can!

***Important: She asked to drop off GC, Advanced Parole and Employment Card when taking the Oath. Do not forget!

Last update: Checked my account this morning and the N-400 says "Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled". Patiently waiting here. Almost there. 

There might be some details I left out that I currently don't remember? I apologize.

If any of you have any questions, please don't hesitate to go ahead and ask me.

Hi Mathasofi:

Thank you for sharing this information! it's really helpful.

I wonder when you were asked for "any updated supporting documents for your marriage?", did you just hand over ALL documents for the entire marriage, including those you've submitted initially for your I-751/N-400 packages? or just the actual updated portion that were not included in your initial I-751/N-400 Package?

I am preparing my document folders, and not sure how should I better organize them.

Thank you!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

We filed a I-751 in June of 0219 and a N0400 in July of 2020.  An interview was scheduled for N-400 on April 8 which we postponed.   On April 9 we received notice that the USCIS had approved the I-751 without an interview.  The notice however stated, "Our records also indicate that we have approved your Form N-400."  "Because we also approved your N-400, you will not receive a new"  green card.  However, a week later a notice of interview for N-400 arrived for May 18.  We called in to see what the deal was and are waiting for a tier 3 callback.  Anyone ever heard of a situation like this?

IMG_2483.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Hi all,

Had a combo interview N400 and I751 last week in New York City. I got the invite for the N400, no information on the I751 nor any status change. Brought my spouse just in case (everyone in the building seems to be aware of the combo interview situation, didn't ask for any information etc.), and all the case files for both cases that I had. Officer called me in without my wife for the N400, I just mentioned casually that I had a I751 pending, but she said I was here for N400.

N400 interview was easy peasy, took 10-15 min all together, tests included and a name change. Then she said that as my spouse was there, she would accomodate me and do the I751 interview. My wife was called in and had to answer questions. We were terribly prepared (as our marriage is SUPER real, we have a kid etc we didn't think too much of it), I couldn't remember the hospital our daughter was born at, my wife couldn't remember our last travel data, but we figured it out. Very stressful.

The only problem: we filed taxes separately (advice of our accountant) for 1 year and she needed to see the tax filing of my wife which I didn't include. She was kind enough to leave our case open for the rest of the day, gave me a RFE and told me to upload it the same day. 

I751 case was approved 2 days later, and I got the notice yesterday saying they 'also approved my N400 so they will not send a new green card (just like the one above here). The N400 case is still on status 'actively being reviewed, no action to be taken by me.' We're hoping they will approve this soon and Oath will be scheduled soon, as we would love to go to see my family this summer in Belgium! But I am aware it might take a while 😕 

It definitely feels like we're close to the end, so that's a relief. I also have to say that in general (aside from the looong wait times), the service of USCIS has been pretty great. I feel like they have to work on difficult cases in difficult circumstances, in a pandemic and with changing policies, and are doing the best they can. I feel for all the people whose case has been sidetracked, lost etc. though. We feel very lucky!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
On 4/23/2021 at 10:41 AM, LaughingBuddha said:

Hi Mathasofi:

Thank you for sharing this information! it's really helpful.

I wonder when you were asked for "any updated supporting documents for your marriage?", did you just hand over ALL documents for the entire marriage, including those you've submitted initially for your I-751/N-400 packages? or just the actual updated portion that were not included in your initial I-751/N-400 Package?

I am preparing my document folders, and not sure how should I better organize them.

Thank you!!!

Hello! 

I'm sorry I'm just now reading this. I remember in my folder tabs, I sorted it by dates, the documents containing the latest goes in the front and so on, way over in the back I put my original AOS and N-400 applications. :) 
So when she asked about the updated supporting documents, I handed her my latest info and just in case I said "I have more, but it goes back all the way as to when I applied, lol", she laughed with me and said that was good to know.

Good luck! You'll do great.

2 hours ago, jeanvdamme said:

Hi all,

Had a combo interview N400 and I751 last week in New York City. I got the invite for the N400, no information on the I751 nor any status change. Brought my spouse just in case (everyone in the building seems to be aware of the combo interview situation, didn't ask for any information etc.), and all the case files for both cases that I had. Officer called me in without my wife for the N400, I just mentioned casually that I had a I751 pending, but she said I was here for N400.

N400 interview was easy peasy, took 10-15 min all together, tests included and a name change. Then she said that as my spouse was there, she would accomodate me and do the I751 interview. My wife was called in and had to answer questions. We were terribly prepared (as our marriage is SUPER real, we have a kid etc we didn't think too much of it), I couldn't remember the hospital our daughter was born at, my wife couldn't remember our last travel data, but we figured it out. Very stressful.

The only problem: we filed taxes separately (advice of our accountant) for 1 year and she needed to see the tax filing of my wife which I didn't include. She was kind enough to leave our case open for the rest of the day, gave me a RFE and told me to upload it the same day. 

I751 case was approved 2 days later, and I got the notice yesterday saying they 'also approved my N400 so they will not send a new green card (just like the one above here). The N400 case is still on status 'actively being reviewed, no action to be taken by me.' We're hoping they will approve this soon and Oath will be scheduled soon, as we would love to go to see my family this summer in Belgium! But I am aware it might take a while 😕 

It definitely feels like we're close to the end, so that's a relief. I also have to say that in general (aside from the looong wait times), the service of USCIS has been pretty great. I feel like they have to work on difficult cases in difficult circumstances, in a pandemic and with changing policies, and are doing the best they can. I feel for all the people whose case has been sidetracked, lost etc. though. We feel very lucky!

Congratulations 🍾🎈 .

This is a good news, you mentioned NY at the beginning of your message , could you kindly tell when you applied for I-790 and the year for the N400, It seems like NY takes forever to respond , I applied for i-751 since June l, 2019, the only change since then was in October 2019, and it says “My case is ready to be scheduled for an interview” MSC, I don’t understand NBC.

I hope everything works out fine and on time as the waiting it extremely frustrating.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
3 hours ago, Greatdane11 said:

Congratulations 🍾🎈 .

This is a good news, you mentioned NY at the beginning of your message , could you kindly tell when you applied for I-790 and the year for the N400, It seems like NY takes forever to respond , I applied for i-751 since June l, 2019, the only change since then was in October 2019, and it says “My case is ready to be scheduled for an interview” MSC, I don’t understand NBC.

I hope everything works out fine and on time as the waiting it extremely frustrating.

Thanks! Happy to share the timeline: filed I751 in Feb 2019 and N400 in Feb 2020. The i751 showed 'my case is ready to be scheduled for an interview' since June 2019 and never changed. For the N400, I had a biometrics appointment that got cancelled bc of Covid, and rescheduled in December 2020 I think. Interview for N400 was then planned for April 2020, and they decided to do combo. Had an MSC code too, never really looked up what that means. I think your best bet is the N400 and then combo, that seems like the most common practice to get everything moving. Indeed, wait time has been a little frustrating, but mainly impractical. I travel a lot (or used to at least), and look forward to not have to carry all the documents and exceptions on my expired green card any more 🙂

Good luck to you!

24 minutes ago, jeanvdamme said:

Thanks! Happy to share the timeline: filed I751 in Feb 2019 and N400 in Feb 2020. The i751 showed 'my case is ready to be scheduled for an interview' since June 2019 and never changed. For the N400, I had a biometrics appointment that got cancelled bc of Covid, and rescheduled in December 2020 I think. Interview for N400 was then planned for April 2020, and they decided to do combo. Had an MSC code too, never really looked up what that means. I think your best bet is the N400 and then combo, that seems like the most common practice to get everything moving. Indeed, wait time has been a little frustrating, but mainly impractical. I travel a lot (or used to at least), and look forward to not have to carry all the documents and exceptions on my expired green card any more 🙂

Good luck to you!

Thank you so much for sharing this info, you’re completely right about waiting for the N400 which is really the best bet for now, I’ll just keep my fingers crossed and hope for a shorter time frame . I wish I had known this , I would have filed my N400 earlier than I did . 
Thanks all the same.

On 4/13/2021 at 1:53 PM, marthasofi said:

Good afternoon guys,
I had my combo interview yesterday April 12, 2021 at the Portland, OR office and I thought it would be important to share my experience with the VisaJourney community that has helped me so greatly! ♥♥

--------------------- I applied under the 3-year rule -----------------

◘ March 5th: Interview was scheduled for 12Apr2021 @ 8:40am

1. About the date of the interview:

◘ Got in the building 15 minutes earlier. I was wearing high heels and they made me take them off, lol. I went in with my husband as my I-751 application stated it was mandatory he came with me.

◘ I was the 3rd person to get in the building. At 9:05 my name was called, the Immigration Officer asked us to follow her to her office. She was serious and quiet, I kind of wished I had other Immigration Officers, they looked way more easygoing? Who knows.

◘ Once I was sat there I could tell she had a huge pile! She explained it was everything the government had on file for me, since my K1 fiancee visa was submitted (back to 2016!)

1.1. The Removal of Conditions Interview (or I-751)

1.1.2. About the relationship:

She asked me and my husband:

– Where did you meet?

– When did you meet?

– Where do you like to vacation?

– What are your favorite activities as a couple? We got talking about snow, skiing, Idaho, Wyoming, etc. It was a fun topic.

– When did you guys marry?

– When was the last time you visited her country (Peru)?

– Did you bring with you any additional evidence since  you last file for your ROC (I-751)? Oh yes, sure thing, I had brought with me 6 big files in those huge folder, containing last 4 year taxes, last 4 year bank statements, utility bills, house deed and the whole stack of purchase info (as we bought a house), titles of both of our cars under our names, health insurance which states my husband is under my insurance, dental insurance, photos, 401k information, life insurance. She looked it at all!!! Big FYI. She was extremely thankful I was so organized. I used colorful tabs for all of my info. Taxes were in one folder, bank statements in another and so on.

– She then excused herself for taking some time to "enter" some information in her computer. She took like 5-7 minutes, we were just like looking at the wall when she said "Phew, ok, I'm done, you case looks solid, I'm recommending you for approval. We will move onto the N-400 application". She turned to my husband and said he can stay or he can leave for that portion of the interview, either way, he was welcome to participate. He decided to stay.

1.2. The Citizenship section (or N-400)

I can say this experience is a standard as it can get. I've read past experiences and they are all same Modus Operandi:

– I was asked 6 questions, I got them all right, she stopped right there. They were as follows:

– For the oral exam, I was asked to repeat after her "What state has the most population?"

– For the writing exam, I was asked to write in the pad: "California has the most people". 

– She went through all of the Yes/No questions (terrorism, international organizations, if I had commited any crimes, etc. etc.)

– Officer mentioned I had approved and the last step is the Oath of Allegiance, I should get a letter in the mail and on my online account stating the details of the ceremony. She said I should get a reply from them in a month regarding date and time, no more than that. If that did happened, I should get a hold of them.

– I asked regarding Same Day Oath ceremonies and she said they still do offer them, but only for those who had driven 4 hours or so, not for locals. I thought it was a lame excuse, we were so few of us, I would dare to say only 6. But anyways, I was of course thankful and left the room.

**Important: I had done a Change Of Address at the time of my Naturalization Application, but it looks like they never got it. they still had my old address on file, thankfully I had brought with me the screenshot of when I changed my address through "My USCIS" and the confirmation letter they had sent me. She looked surprised. You have to go as confidente as you can!

***Important: She asked to drop off GC, Advanced Parole and Employment Card when taking the Oath. Do not forget!

Last update: Checked my account this morning and the N-400 says "Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled". Patiently waiting here. Almost there. 

There might be some details I left out that I currently don't remember? I apologize.

If any of you have any questions, please don't hesitate to go ahead and ask me.

Congratulations!! I see you said "your I-751 application stated it was mandatory for your husband to come with you" , did you have 2 interview notices (n400 and i751)? , I'm just trying to figure out where it said it was mandatory.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.