TBoneTX

N-400 and I-751 Combo Pending -- Part 2

445 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, TheLastMile said:

Have something in the mail today from USCIS. I’m hoping it’s the oath letter but the online account status hasn’t changed for my i751 or n400  (biometrics reused and interview scheduled respectively). Has anyone gotten the oath in the mail before online account updates ?

It's likely 48 month extension letter.

You cannot get oath letter before N-400 interview and approval.

Edited by OldUser

4 minutes ago, OldUser said:

It's likely 48 month extension letter.

You cannot get oath letter before N-400 interview and approval.

I already did my n400 interview. Passed but the officer gave me a decision cannot be made notice due to pending i751. He said I would get oath in 1-2 weeks. I’m at week 6 with no word now. 

Today there was finally an update on my ROC. It flipped to Card is being produced. A little weird because it was supposed to be transferred to the Seattle FO where I have already finished my N400. Now I wonder when the Seattle FO will schedule the oath. Has this happened to anyone ? 

total time for approval of ROC was 544 days. Receipt on 10/15/21 and approval today. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Syria
Timeline
On 1/7/2023 at 8:26 AM, Gaps0214 said:

Your case is moving faster than ours did.

Our pending I-751 didn't transfer to NBC until about a month after passing the N-400 interview, and that's about 3 months after the NOA on N-400 application.

I hope this gives you some perspective.

Cheers

Update - had my N400 interview yesterday. Passes tests but no decision could be made because of pending I-751. So I guess having it transferred didn’t help it get done faster. FO said it would take a few weeks but I’ve seen some, like yours, that took longer after the N400 interview. Thank you for sharing your experience. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Syria
Timeline

This process moved along quickly after the N-400 (no combo) interview. My I-751 was approved 5 days after the interview. My N-400 was approved 2 days later. Case status is now “oath ceremony will be scheduled.” See my timeline for other details. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.