TBoneTX

N-400 and I-751 Combo Pending -- Part 2

445 posts in this topic

sharing an update - after waiting months after my combo interview, I contacted my representative, no response and then submitted FOIA and contacted the ombudsman - the ombudsman emailed me a few times, moved my case to priority and both my N-400 and I-751 applications were approved really quickly after contacting the ombudsman. Great experience - now waiting for oath letter but some progress after months of waiting. 

22 hours ago, Ani924 said:

sharing an update - after waiting months after my combo interview, I contacted my representative, no response and then submitted FOIA and contacted the ombudsman - the ombudsman emailed me a few times, moved my case to priority and both my N-400 and I-751 applications were approved really quickly after contacting the ombudsman. Great experience - now waiting for oath letter but some progress after months of waiting. 

Thank you for sharing with us. My case is extremely out of the processing time. I would like to contact with ombudsman but I don't know how to do.

Can anyone help me please?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
On 8/6/2022 at 4:47 PM, babayega said:

Thank you for sharing with us. My case is extremely out of the processing time. I would like to contact with ombudsman but I don't know how to do.

Can anyone help me please?

Start here: https://www.dhs.gov/case-assistance

K1 to AOS                                                                                   AOS/EAD/AP                                                                      N-400

03/01/2018 - I-129F Mailed                                              06/19/2019 - NOA1 Date                                              01/27/2023 - N-400 Filed Online

03/08/2018 - NOA1 Date                                                    07/11/2019 - Biometrics Appt                                   02/23/2023 - Biometrics Appt
09/14/2018 - NOA2 Date                                                    12/13/2019 - EAD/AP Approved                               04/03/2023 - Interview Scheduled

10/16/2018 - NVC Received                                              12/17/2019 - Interview Scheduled                          05/10/2023 - Interview - APPROVED!

10/21/2018 - Packet 3 Received                                      01/29/2020 - Interview - APPROVED!                  OFFICIALLY A U.S. CITIZEN! 

12/30/2018 - Packet 3 Sent                                               02/04/2020 - Green Card Received! 

01/06/2019 - Packet 4 Received                                     ROC - I-751

01/29/2019 - Interview - APPROVED!                           11/02/2021 - Mailed ROC Packet

02/05/2019 - Visa Received                                             11/04/2021 - NOA1 Date

05/17/2019 - U.S. Arrival                                                     01/19/2022 - Biometrics Waived

05/24/2019 - Married ❤️                                                    02/04/2023 - Transferred to New Office

06/14/2019 - Mailed AOS Packet                                    05/10/2023 - APPROVED!

10 hours ago, beloved_dingo said:

I think the ombudsman no longer accepting an outside processing cases. Here what I see on the website;

However, at this time, we regret that we are unable to immediately assist with individual cases outside processing times if that is the only issue you are encountering. We will continue to work with USCIS’ leadership to address its lengthy delays across various USCIS forms as a systemic issue. We will notify the public when we are able to assist with these types of cases again. " 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2022 at 12:44 AM, babayega said:

I think the ombudsman no longer accepting an outside processing cases. Here what I see on the website;

However, at this time, we regret that we are unable to immediately assist with individual cases outside processing times if that is the only issue you are encountering. We will continue to work with USCIS’ leadership to address its lengthy delays across various USCIS forms as a systemic issue. We will notify the public when we are able to assist with these types of cases again. " 

This may be on their website but the ombudsman emailed me saying they are prioritizing my case due to USCIS's delay and my case is outside processing time. My 751 case was approved 2 days after I received this from the ombudsman. They do help if it has been unusually long regardless of what is on their website. 

• 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, confusedimmi said:

had my combo interview (spouse was not invited in, very weird) on 9/27, no update 😞 is this normal? 

How long did it last? What were you asked? Were there many questions about marriage? How did you feel in and after interview?

13 minutes ago, OldUser said:

How long did it last? What were you asked? Were there many questions about marriage? How did you feel in and after interview?

Lasted about half an hour. Security would not allow my spouse in, and the interviewer said she didn’t have time to interview us both but asked me a couple questions: 

1. what’s my spouse’s birthday 

2. what’s my spouse’s phone number 

3. when’s our wedding anniversary

and she went on to talk about a property I own out of state and asked if I lived there. I bought that house for my family under my name, but I didn’t live there so I answered honestly. she asked some more questions about the house but at the end she said okay this all makes sense.

She then moved on to n-400 civic test. she then said I passed the n-400 and should receive a letter for oath soon. Then she said she’d have to adjudicate i751 first. never received the letter, nor did my online status update. 

I felt a bit nervous because my spouse couldn’t come in with me and I was disappointed about that. And the interviewer was not exactly friendly. Felt like she’s trying to rush things. She refused to look at any of our pictures or additional evidence. 

@confusedimmi to me that sounds ok. The IO had limited time, probably going through a lot of cases. The evidence must have been good so far and I-751 interview was just a formality that she had to go through. I think it's only a question of time when your I-751 and N-400 is going to be approved.

Edited by OldUser

3 minutes ago, OldUser said:

@confusedimmi to me that sounds ok. The IO had limited time, probably going through a lot of cases. The evidence must have been good so far and I-751 interview was just a formality that she had to go through. I think it's only a question of time when your I-751 and N-400 is going to be approved.

thank you for reassuring me, i hope so too :( i will keep you all posted. have you had your interview already? 

7 minutes ago, confusedimmi said:

thank you for reassuring me, i hope so too :( i will keep you all posted. have you had your interview already? 

No, I only have I-751 pending. Not eligible for N-400 just yet. Hopefully few months away from approval.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Syria
Timeline

Filed I 751 September 1, 2021, N 400 October 2, 2022. Case status now shows:

Application Type: I751, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS ON RESIDENCE 

Your Case Status: Initial Review 

On October 18, 2022, we transferred your Form I751, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS ON RESIDENCE, Receipt Number EACxxxxxxxxxxx, to another office for processing and sent you a transfer notice. The notice explains why we transferred your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice…

Hoping they will reuse biometrics, as others have, and that this means they will adjudicate the I 751 and N 400 together. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Syria
Timeline
On 10/19/2022 at 7:50 AM, ET9709 said:

Filed I 751 September 1, 2021, N 400 October 2, 2022. Case status now shows:

Application Type: I751, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS ON RESIDENCE 

Your Case Status: Initial Review 

On October 18, 2022, we transferred your Form I751, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS ON RESIDENCE, Receipt Number EACxxxxxxxxxxx, to another office for processing and sent you a transfer notice. The notice explains why we transferred your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice…

Hoping they will reuse biometrics, as others have, and that this means they will adjudicate the I 751 and N 400 together. 

Fingerprints reused, no biometrics appointment. 

Case was transferred to NBC to speed up processing. Received another update Oct 22, “case  was transferred to another office for jurisdiction”. Have not gotten letter in mail yet with details on where or why it was moved again. 

Hi, I trust every body is doing great, update for you guys who are waiting at MSC for I-751 and N-400 combo interview. we received email yesterday from USCIS that Interview for N-400 is scheduled and letter is on our way.

I-751 received 07/24/2020

I-751 Notice date 08/11/2020

N-400 applied on 04/05/2022  ( Interview letter issued 10/27/2022 )

Houston, TX field office.

Current Status :  Interview is scheduled and we are waiting for the Interview letter in the mail. I-751 is still pending so we assume the interview will be combo interview. InshaAllah all will be well.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.