Zoltan K

December 2019 - AOS Filers

1,449 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Erin86 said:

¡Hola a todos, uniéndose al hilo pero honestamente no me siento genial después de leer sobre la experiencia de los demás! Paquete enviado el 12 de diciembre, confirmación de UPS entregada el 13 de diciembre y ni una palabra de USCIS todavía ... Veo que algunos se presentaron después de mí y recibieron NOA 1, así que estoy bastante preocupado. 

Hicimos una solicitud con una solicitud de agilización, así que espero que tal vez la solicitud se haya enviado a un oficial para su revisión 🤷‍♀️ 

¡Felicidades a todos los archivadores este mes! 

I'm the same, they received my package on the 13th and they still don't send me anything, how did they make the request to expedite?

1 minute ago, Liddy92 said:

I'm the same, they received my package on the 13th and they still don't send me anything, how did they make the request to expedite?

Do you mean how I made it? I wrote on the outer envelope "Expedite request" and included a letter and supporting documentation inside. 

I called USCIS today and am currently waiting for a call back from an officer 🤞 Hoping they have some sort of answer for me since I see people here have filed after me, with no request to expedite, and they have their NOA1.

Timeline
13 hours ago, Erin86 said:

Hey all, joining the thread but honestly not feeling great after reading about others' experience! Sent packet Dec 12, UPS confirmation delivered Dec 13 and not a word from USCIS yet... I see some have filed after me and received NOA 1 so I am quite concerned. 

We did apply with a request to expedite so I'm hoping maybe the request was sent to an officer for review 🤷‍♀️ 

Congrats to all the filers this month! 

I feel ya.  We mailed on Nov.29, signiture confirmation of receipt Dec.2.  So far no NO1, no check cashed.  We called the USCIS # last night and they have no record of our package in the system.  I feel like STORY OF MY LIFE ya know?  Any and all suggestions or stories from others in similar situations would be appreciated as moral is becoming low.....

That being said, congratulations to everyone for whom this process is going smoothly :) 

12 minutes ago, NJShoreMom said:

I feel ya.  We mailed on Nov.29, signiture confirmation of receipt Dec.2.  So far no NO1, no check cashed.  We called the USCIS # last night and they have no record of our package in the system.  I feel like STORY OF MY LIFE ya know?  Any and all suggestions or stories from others in similar situations would be appreciated as moral is becoming low.....

That being said, congratulations to everyone for whom this process is going smoothly :) 

Wow, that is a long time... and I know USCIS "support" is absolutely useless. I just spoke with an officer who just told me "I have no information from the lockbox". For both of our cases, I have to wonder what is the issue? Why have others received NOA1 so quickly and we are still waiting? Extremely frustrating and moral is lowest it's been...

Keeping fingers crossed for all of us still waiting for updates.

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Erin86 said:

Wow, that is a long time... and I know USCIS "support" is absolutely useless. I just spoke with an officer who just told me "I have no information from the lockbox". For both of our cases, I have to wonder what is the issue? Why have others received NOA1 so quickly and we are still waiting?

and to add to the frustration they won't even let us send an inquiry til 30 days are up! 😭

The following error(s) need to be corrected:

• Do not submit a request if you have just recently been approved, allow approximately 30 days to receive your new notice.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Erin86 said:

Wow, that is a long time... and I know USCIS "support" is absolutely useless. I just spoke with an officer who just told me "I have no information from the lockbox". For both of our cases, I have to wonder what is the issue? Why have others received NOA1 so quickly and we are still waiting? Extremely frustrating and moral is lowest it's been...

Keeping fingers crossed for all of us still waiting for updates.

6 minutes ago, NJShoreMom said:

and to add to the frustration they won't even let us send an inquiry til 30 days are up! 😭

• Do not submit a request if you have just recently been approved, allow approximately 30 days to receive your new notice.

I know from experience that it is sometimes hard to keep in mind that USCIS has up to 30 days to process your NOA1. As a matter of fact, ever since USCIS got inundated with seeming boxcars of  immigration applications/petitions, etc., they have pretty much instituted a possible 30 day response window for most Form I-797 NOA processing.... the old USCIS jalopy is running out of steam....

There are several folks right now that have been waiting for over 1-2 years to get their Removal of Conditions (ROC) petition adjudicated. They have received their one year GC extension/NOA1 receipt, now USCIS is doing blanket extensions to 18 months of the NOA1 GC extensions and USCIS are still not able to get processing completed...the old USCIS jalopy is running out of steam....

You should NEVER, NEVER, NEVER did I happen to say NEVER compare yourself to others. No two applications are the same, two embassies are the same and NO TWO CO's are the same. Every application has a process and some take longer than others. Stop worrying. You will very likely hear from them very soon and then you will think you are a fool for getting so worked up. Oy Vey!

Enjoy and cherish the holidays with your loved ones, the rest of this stuff will eventually sort itself out. 🎄:yes:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Sent my package on the 15th of November through USPS arrived Chicago on the 17th and still no NOA1. I have called USCIS a gazillion times and they still don't have any information about my application. I was asked to send a mail to the lockbox. I have done that and I haven't gotten any response. I'm  frustrated 😤. I'm wondering if I should file another application

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Pitaya said:

I know from experience that it is sometimes hard to keep in mind that USCIS has up to 30 days to process your NOA1. As a matter of fact, ever since USCIS got inundated with seeming boxcars of  immigration applications/petitions, etc., they have pretty much instituted a possible 30 day response window for most Form I-797 NOA processing.... the old USCIS jalopy is running out of steam....

There are several folks right now that have been waiting for over 1-2 years to get their Removal of Conditions (ROC) petition adjudicated. They have received their one year GC extension/NOA1 receipt, now USCIS is doing blanket extensions to 18 months of the NOA1 GC extensions and USCIS are still not able to get processing completed...the old USCIS jalopy is running out of steam....

You should NEVER, NEVER, NEVER did I happen to say NEVER compare yourself to others. No two applications are the same, two embassies are the same and NO TWO CO's are the same. Every application has a process and some take longer than others. Stop worrying. You will very likely hear from them very soon and then you will think you are a fool for getting so worked up. Oy Vey!

Enjoy and cherish the holidays with your loved ones, the rest of this stuff will eventually sort itself out. 🎄:yes:

ugh I know you are right, and since I lost my own mom last March I need somebody to slap me upside the head and tell me to keep it real.  You are a sweetheart to do just that, and may God bless you in abundence for helping whiny lil ole me and others while they navigate this sometimes crazy always frustrating journey.  Happy Holidays to you as well!

23 minutes ago, Versatile. said:

Sent my package on the 15th of November through USPS arrived Chicago on the 17th and still no NOA1. I have called USCIS a gazillion times and they still don't have any information about my application. I was asked to send a mail to the lockbox. I have done that and I haven't gotten any response. I'm  frustrated 😤. I'm wondering if I should file another application

Are you serious?? And they still won't let you make a further inquiry even though it's been over 30 days? What the hell is going on at this lockbox 😡

The officer I spoke to actually said to me "I would advise to file again" 😤😤😤 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Albania
Timeline
1 hour ago, JemmaD said:

Following this thread :)

Sent AOS 19th December, USCIS received 20th December. No NOA1 as of yet.

We sent ours on the 18th and it was received on the 19th.  Today we received the text messages.  If you are one day behind me, you may get your text messages tomorrow.

goodluck!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
On 11/21/2019 at 9:09 AM, Zoltan K said:

All,

I wanted to share the templates (attached) I created as cover letters in support of submitting your application for I-485/765/131. I've used these and got first pass with no RFE.

The templates walk you through for both adult and child what documents will need to be included with your submission packet.

While I've highlighted in yellow the areas which need to be completed, it's a good idea to read through the entire letter and make sure all sections are still relevant and updated as instruction documents are also getting updated.

Feel free to share with others or on other forums.

Cover Letter - I-765_131_485 - Adult and Child.zip 83.44 kB · 87 downloads

Hello,

My fiance (now Wife) has two kids 13 and 10 years old. Are they both filing separate I-485 as well? 

3 minutes ago, SamJan said:

Are they both filing separate I-485 as well? 

You should file for them as well.   Also do the EAD (it is free)  so they will get Social Security numbers faster and you can claim them on your taxes.

4 minutes ago, SamJan said:

My fiance (now Wife)

Get used to calling her that!

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

You should file for them as well.   Also do the EAD (it is free)  so they will get Social Security numbers faster and you can claim them on your taxes.

Get used to calling her that!

Thanks for the info!

I yeah I do 😉, it is just I wanted to emphasize that she was K1 visa holder before marriage.

23 hours ago, NJShoreMom said:

What does that even mean "recently approved"? That is not relevant to what you (and I) need.

It says on that case inquiry page that receiving a notification back from a lockbox takes 10 days. Not 30. I was told on the phone 15, on email 30 and on the inquiry page 10. Which is true?? 

Seriously losing it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.