37 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

For all we know they could've of sent it anywhere! tracking # cannot tell you the address it was delivered to due to privacy reason.I wish you came here first, we would've helped you file for free.

I tell my friend's story over and over again because lawyers are not to be trusted(most of them). my friend used a lawyer to submit AOS for his wife and after 3 months of waiting, they were following up and they found out she never sent in the package!! they got the congressman involved to refile cuz she was out of status big time and then eventually after they filed, they went to sue the the lawyer because his wife was "overstayed". so be careful who you trust, this is your future, not their's, your money is their future, that's all they see $$$$

Edited by Lebanese23

AOS/EAD/AP ->: 11/29/18 - NOA1: 12/04/18

Biometric NOA:  12/14/18  Biometric Appt: 12/26/18

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 1/16/19

EAD/AP approval: 3/18/19

AOS Interview Appt: 6/4/19

AOS Interview: 7/10/19

AOS Approved: 7/23/19

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 7/26/19

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Uruguay
Timeline

Correct, most lawyer doesn't know how to work with cases like this. Sometimes they'll say it's done and ghost until they demand another payment.

In the meantime, stick around here and do it cheaper here as DIY, without paying extra for the lawyer because you're doing it twice with the lawyer. Plus, you'll get to learn more in dept detail of what's actually needed and the way you can be proactive of your future, not the bare minimum that would hardly do anything.

You'll have to keep working on making money, so far K1's are the most expensive. Because after filing for K1, you'll have to file for AOS and those fee $1225 I think. That include EAD and AP for the 2 year (if lucky, 10 year) green card.

You'll also have to plan on saving money for your SO to stay for a while waiting for EAD or green card so your SO can work after getting them. Wait time can be a long time so don't feel bad going to a job that take a lot of time if it still give you the money. Fulltime and overtime is what I'm doing and my husband is happy. :)

K-1 Visa process (I'm the USC [F]) [2018-2019]

Spoiler

Sent packet: August 10, 2018 (Lines Compressed to fit signature restriction guideline)

USCIS Received package: August 14 - Notification in text/email: August 17 - Mail received from USCIS: January 22, 2019
USCIS Approved I-129F Petition: January 17 - NVC Received Case: February 14 - NVC Case # Assigned: February 14

US Embassy Received: Not sure but got email reply - March 11 - Instructions Received via e-mail: March 19

Interview: May 7 - Approved! - Arriving to US/POE: June 12 - Married July 15, 2019

AOS Process [2019-2020]

Spoiler

Sent packet: July 27, 2019 - USCIS Received Package: July 29 - [Hiccup] Package was sent back due to incorrect fee and sent on August 5.
Notification in text/email: August 12 @ 12:30AM - Check cashed: August 12 - NOA 1 Mail: August 16 - Biometric: September 5 @ Atlanta, GA

AOS RFIE: Sept. 28 - got in mail by Oct 3. [They lost my Husband's Birth Certificate] - Sent back AOS RFIE: Oct 16 2019, at office by Oct 17.
AOS Case update notice on April 9th, 2020, waiting for mail. - Interview date: Scheduled as of July 15, date is August 19. Passed the interview!

My Husband got his GC! 2 Year Conditional Green Card expires 08/19/2022, Residence since 08/19/2020

ROC Process [2022-2024]

Spoiler

Sent packet: June 16, 2022 via USPS, USCIS Received Package: June 21
Notice in text (didn't get email nor text on other phone): June 24
Notice date: June 23, package is at SRC (Texas Service Center), Paid with Credit Card, payment taken on June 25
NOA 1 Mail: June 30, Biometric: Reused
Got letter in mail for extension: April 12th, Received date June 21, 2022, Notice date: April 5, 2023 = 48 Months Extension. No physical card yet.
Approved without interview as of Feb 15th, 2024. Was not a combo interview with N-400.

Naturalization N-400 [2023-2024]

Spoiler

Filed Online: July 28, 2023NOA: July 29, 2023
Service Center: NBC, application # starts with IOE#.
Biometrics waived. Got NOA mail Jan 5, 2024 says Interview in Nashville, TN on Feb 6, 2024.
Queue for review and approval. Already in line for Oath Ceremony as of Feb 13th, 2024.
NOA as of 4/29/24 - Oath Ceremony scheduled for May 30th in Chattanooga, TN. Rescheduled as of May 2nd, 2024 by USCIS - new date is May 29th.
May 29th - Naturalized! Ta-da!

They were a bit back-logged, but not to that extent.  We recently just had ours AOS processed and it only took about 2 weeks; sent Oct 19th, received Oct 21, got NOA letter on Nov 4.  I don't see why you couldn't cancel the check and re-file.  It's a tough decision to re-file or wait, but seeing as it's been 50 days already, perhaps the re-filing route would be the more expedite route.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, Lebanese23 said:

For all we know they could've of sent it anywhere! tracking # cannot tell you the address it was delivered to due to privacy reason.I wish you came here first, we would've helped you file for free.

I tell my friend's story over and over again because lawyers are not to be trusted(most of them). my friend used a lawyer to submit AOS for his wife and after 3 months of waiting, they were following up and they found out she never sent in the package!! they got the congressman involved to refile cuz she was out of status big time and then eventually after they filed, they went to sue the the lawyer because his wife was "overstayed". so be careful who you trust, this is your future, not their's, your money is their future, that's all they see $$$$

That's pretty much my situation now, my tourist visa expired on September, so now I have nothing to make my stay legal, I’m afraid of going out of the house because I’m so paranoid now.

We supposedly got a lawyer to make everything easier, and well that backfired like crazy.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Madao said:

They were a bit back-logged, but not to that extent.  We recently just had ours AOS processed and it only took about 2 weeks; sent Oct 19th, received Oct 21, got NOA letter on Nov 4.  I don't see why you couldn't cancel the check and re-file.  It's a tough decision to re-file or wait, but seeing as it's been 50 days already, perhaps the re-filing route would be the more expedite route.

That’s what we thought, we don’t want to wait any longer, so we’ll sign everything again today. The only problem is that we sent the medical exam on the last package, so we’ll have to get that done again.

But we’re hoping it will be better than to keep waiting. We’re a step away from giving up on everything 

8 minutes ago, EvelynandKarla said:

That’s what we thought, we don’t want to wait any longer, so we’ll sign everything again today. The only problem is that we sent the medical exam on the last package, so we’ll have to get that done again.

But we’re hoping it will be better than to keep waiting. We’re a step away from giving up on everything 

What do you mean you sent your medical exam?   Are you within 1 year of your medical done for the K1 visa?  If you didn't have any medical conditions that arose out of it and your vaccinations are marked complete, you should be able to submit the copy of the DS-3025 and skip having to submit a medical.  See below for the I-693 instructions page 7-8

medical.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
37 minutes ago, Madao said:

What do you mean you sent your medical exam?   Are you within 1 year of your medical done for the K1 visa?  If you didn't have any medical conditions that arose out of it and your vaccinations are marked complete, you should be able to submit the copy of the DS-3025 and skip having to submit a medical.  See below for the I-693 instructions page 7-8

medical.png

They're not adjusting from a K1 but from a tourist visa that already expired. That's quite different and I understand why every day is important 

Edited by Letspaintcookies

Filed: Other Timeline
1 hour ago, EvelynandKarla said:

That's pretty much my situation now, my tourist visa expired on September, so now I have nothing to make my stay legal, I’m afraid of going out of the house because I’m so paranoid now.

We supposedly got a lawyer to make everything easier, and well that backfired like crazy.

It may be dumb of me to presume you haven't already thought of this or done it already, but have you tried calling them?

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days & AOS w/EAD and AP: 180 days

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

08/20/21: Filed ROC

08/23/21: USCIS received package

08/25/21: Text received/Case # assigned

08/26/22: Case transferred to NBC for "speedy processing"

Citizenship:

08/22/22: Filed N-400 online

08/22/22: NOA1/Biometrics Reused                                                                                                           

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Letspaintcookies said:

They're not adjusting from a K1 but from a tourist visa that already expired. That's quite different and I understand why every day is important 

That’s right, no K1

Timeline
6 minutes ago, celie&joseph said:

It may be dumb of me to presume you haven't already thought of this or done it already, but have you tried calling them?

I have, all of the options I get require a receipt number, and I waited to get an agent, but no answer at all.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 minutes ago, celie&joseph said:

Without a case number what can the uscis say?

YMMV

1 minute ago, payxibka said:

Without a case number what can the uscis say?

They look up to see if you have a case with them with your passport info. That's how we got our case numbers.

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

Citizenship:

3 minutes ago, EvelynandKarla said:

I have, all of the options I get require a receipt number, and I waited to get an agent, but no answer at all.

Try following the script to change your address. That will direct you to an agent. It may be awhile until they come on the line but IF there is a case number set up for y'all, they will have it. If they haven't cashed your check most likely they don't but maybe they can see something on their end that we can't. Doesn't hurt to try.

Spoiler

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

Citizenship:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

You're using a lawyer and..

-You have no idea if the package was actually sent

-The acceptance letter (NOA1) is often sent to the lawyer, not you, maybe the lawyers lost the letter? Not getting the communications from USCIS yourself puts you in a very vulnerable position as you're dependant on the lawyer. What if the lawyer loses RFE or interview letters?

-Lawyers often screw up on things you wouldn't have, as the application is way more important to you than it is to the lawyer. S/he doesn't care if her/his mistakes causes you to lose legal status while waiting.

-You pay insane amounts of money to get their "help", and when there's a mistake you pay for that too (time or loss of authorized stay or money or all of it). 

Personally I would be very worried to leave something this important in someone else's hands. It's your life, nobody cares more about it than you, nobody will do a better job than you if you just do your research.

Edited by Scandi

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

1 hour ago, EvelynandKarla said:

The only problem is that we sent the medical exam on the last package, so we’ll have to get that done again.

If you refile, I suggest to not submit medical exam results. You have the option of doing it after filing and take the results to the interview: "Applicants may submit the Form I-693 medical examination report to USCIS: Concurrently with the immigration benefit application; or At any time after filing the immigration benefit application but before USCIS finalizes adjudication of that application. If not submitted simultaneously with the immigration benefit application, applicants may bring the medical examination report to an interview or wait until USCIS issues an RFE requesting the medical examination report." https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-8-part-b-chapter-4

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.