37 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello,

So it’s been 50 days since my lawyers sent our package, and we have no response at the moment. No approval no denial, nothing. I sent an email to my lawyer asking if the package was actually sent because a read here sometimes the lawyers say they sent it but they didn’t.

So today my lawyer said it was sent on September 16, and received on September 19, but she thinks it’s weird that the check hasn’t been cashed yet. She said something we could do is cancel that check and send the package again, with a new check. Do you think that’s a good idea.

Also, the law office is not cheat at all, they divided our payment into 3 payments and they’re asking for the third and final payment, although we practically have nothing. We don’t know what to do, because if they’re barely paying any attention to us now that we still owe them money, what would happen when we’re all payed up?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, EvelynandKarla said:

Hello,

So it’s been 50 days since my lawyers sent our package, and we have no response at the moment. No approval no denial, nothing. I sent an email to my lawyer asking if the package was actually sent because a read here sometimes the lawyers say they sent it but they didn’t.

So today my lawyer said it was sent on September 16, and received on September 19, but she thinks it’s weird that the check hasn’t been cashed yet. She said something we could do is cancel that check and send the package again, with a new check. Do you think that’s a good idea.

Also, the law office is not cheat at all, they divided our payment into 3 payments and they’re asking for the third and final payment, although we practically have nothing. We don’t know what to do, because if they’re barely paying any attention to us now that we still owe them money, what would happen when we’re all payed up?

If you have the tracking information send an inquiry to lockboxsupport@uscis.dhs.gov and they will trace 

YMMV

3 minutes ago, EvelynandKarla said:

she thinks it’s weird that the check hasn’t been cashed yet.

Yes it's weird. 

3 minutes ago, EvelynandKarla said:

o it’s been 50 days since my lawyers sent our package, and we have no response at the moment. No approval no denial, nothing.

Well, there wouldn't be a  response in 50 days, too soon. But you should have a receipt number. 

4 minutes ago, EvelynandKarla said:

You tell them no. You won't pay another dime until you see a receipt number

Timeline
9 minutes ago, payxibka said:

If you have the tracking information send an inquiry to lockboxsupport@uscis.dhs.gov and they will trace 

Sorry, I have already done that on October 21, they said they can take up to 30 days to respond. The thing I don’t know if I should do what my lawyer said and just send the package again, I don’t know if that’s a good idea or not.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, USS_Voyager said:

Well, there wouldn't be a  response in 50 days, too soon. But you should have a receipt number. 

That’s what I thought, but right now I have nothing from the USCIS to let me know if they even got my case. I’m so worried about my future here. We try to do everything according to the law, and we feel like we’re being scammed by our lawyers, and we can’t afford to have all that money to waste.

7 minutes ago, EvelynandKarla said:

Sorry, I have already done that on October 21, they said they can take up to 30 days to respond. The thing I don’t know if I should do what my lawyer said and just send the package again, I don’t know if that’s a good idea or not.

No, I wouldn't do that. I would pound on the lawyer to get some response. 

You are one filer of MANY (understatement) who filed trying to beat the presumed Public Charge rule implementation on October 15th.

Normally it could take 30 days to receive a receipt notice.

Since? Who knows to be honest.

If your tracking number says it was received, it has been.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

You are one filer of MANY (understatement) who filed trying to beat the presumed Public Charge rule implementation on October 15th.

Normally it could take 30 days to receive a receipt notice.

Since? Who knows to be honest.

If your tracking number says it was received, it has been.

My lawyer says it’s way too much time, she says the best option now is to cancel the check and re-send everything, she thinks the USCIS probably lost my papers.

1 minute ago, EvelynandKarla said:

My lawyer says it’s way too much time, she says the best option now is to cancel the check and re-send everything, she thinks the USCIS probably lost my papers.

Remind your lawyer that he sent it when every Tom, ####### and Harry did. It has not been to much time considering that and also considering that it was received by USCIS. 

Sounds like your lawyer is planning on upping his fees to "help" you but is waiting for the go ahead for you to say yes.

Timeline
1 minute ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Remind your lawyer that he sent it when every Tom, ####### and Harry did. It has not been to much time considering that and also considering that it was received by USCIS. 

Sounds like your lawyer is planning on upping his fees to "help" you but is waiting for the go ahead for you to say yes.

So you think 50 days is not a long time considering it usually takes 1-3 weeks to get the receipt? 

We’re feeling really confused, she says there’s not extra charge, all we need to do is sign all the forms again, write a new check and bring the new work payment stubs. And in the new package she will put this is the second time we’ve sent the package.

I don’t know if resending will bring any problem. I mean, let’s say they did lose it, how long should we wait to actually know? Can something happen if it’s not lost and we just send a new package with a new check?

1 minute ago, EvelynandKarla said:

So you think 50 days is not a long time considering it usually takes 1-3 weeks to get the receipt? 
Right now? No.

We’re feeling really confused, she says there’s not extra charge, all we need to do is sign all the forms again, write a new check and bring the new work payment stubs. And in the new package she will put this is the second time we’ve sent the package.

I don’t know if resending will bring any problem. I mean, let’s say they did lose it, how long should we wait to actually know? Can something happen if it’s not lost and we just send a new package with a new check?

Do you have proof from the lawyer as in you have the tracking number and have seen those dates of shipped and received for yourself?

I dont believe your lawyer if you dont tbh.

You said you emailed the lockbox? Then youll wait for their response. It wont take 30 days if they have it though. And if they dont it wont take 30 days either.

They are efficient in these situations.

I have a deja vu feeling that youve emailed the lockbox too soon though ie. Your lawyer didnt submit it when they said they did.

In my lifetime here ive "helped" many ppl in the same situation. All of whom were lied to about when it was sent. None of whom had actual lost applications.

Timeline
1 minute ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Do you have proof from the lawyer as in you have the tracking number and have seen those dates of shipped and received for yourself?

I dont believe your lawyer if you dont tbh.

You said you emailed the lockbox? Then youll wait for their response. It wont take 30 days if they have it though. And if they dont it wont take 30 days either.

They are efficient in these situations.

I have a deja vu feeling that youve emailed the lockbox too soon though ie. Your lawyer didnt submit it when they said they did.

In my lifetime here ive "helped" many ppl in the same situation. All of whom were lied to about when it was sent. None of whom had actual lost applications.

I do have a tracking number, but how can I be sure it’s from MY package? 
I sent the email to lockbox 35 days after my package was “sent”, meaning its been 2 weeks since I sent it. 

What worries me is, what if they didn’t actually send the package and now they can’t send it because the stubs would be 2 months old, and that’s why they’re suggesting to send it “again”.

To bad we have an agreement with them, now I feel like I could’ve send it by myself with the help of this forum. 

47 minutes ago, EvelynandKarla said:

I do have a tracking number, but how can I be sure it’s from MY package? 
I sent the email to lockbox 35 days after my package was “sent”, meaning its been 2 weeks since I sent it. 

What worries me is, what if they didn’t actually send the package and now they can’t send it because the stubs would be 2 months old, and that’s why they’re suggesting to send it “again”.

To bad we have an agreement with them, now I feel like I could’ve send it by myself with the help of this forum. 

My worries are your worries.

I think it's your lawyer rather than USCIS that's made the flub. 

Kinda makes it seem like they're playing you for the fool to have you redo everything to cover up their error.

You can always cut your losses with your lawyer and do it yourself....or wait...or play dumb and follow along with your lawyer....or tell them something's fishy and you know it. 

You can always fire them after they resubmit.

Up to you really.

Kind of impossible for anyone to decide for you though. 

Can't really say what has happened.

Timeline
8 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

My worries are your worries.

I think it's your lawyer rather than USCIS that's made the flub. 

Kinda makes it seem like they're playing you for the fool to have you redo everything to cover up their error.

You can always cut your losses with your lawyer and do it yourself....or wait...or play dumb and follow along with your lawyer....or tell them something's fishy and you know it. 

You can always fire them after they resubmit.

Up to you really.

Kind of impossible for anyone to decide for you though. 

Can't really say what has happened.

The problem is the money, we still owe them almost $1k and they’ve done nothing but disappoint us, we don’t just have that kind of money laying around. I’m so angry 

1 hour ago, EvelynandKarla said:

The problem is the money, we still owe them almost $1k and they’ve done nothing but disappoint us, we don’t just have that kind of money laying around. I’m so angry 

I would be too. 

You owe them the money anyways unless there is some where in your contract that they have breached their promises (and they may have, check it out).

So keep them or write it off morally as bad debt and move on.

I'm sorry this happened to you but I'm glad you're here educating yourself.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.