Longpassege

Painfull Wait Of 19 months with no conclusion

29 posts in this topic

Just now, Joyoussinger said:

Nineteen months is a long time and I'm sure you never thought it would take this long. The immigration process has you at its mercy and you must feel helpless. I wish you the best and for this to be resolved soon.

Thanks for your support . Yes dear I am very helpless . Nothing I can do. Yes as you said I never ever thought I would go such long.Just kept patience. Thanks again 

1 hour ago, Longpassege said:

Thanks for your support . Yes dear I am very helpless . Nothing I can do. Yes as you said I never ever thought I would go such long.Just kept patience. Thanks again 

Not true.  As an adult human, we always have choices.  You and your wife could choose to live in Pakistan instead of the US.  If being together is the important thing, then remove the US from the formula, and you have your answer.

38 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Not true.  As an adult human, we always have choices.  You and your wife could choose to live in Pakistan instead of the US.  If being together is the important thing, then remove the US from the formula, and you have your answer.

Not agreed.judging my life from my One thread is not sufficient.before giving someone advice make you have sufficient knowledge about them. I and my wife living in Pakistan more than 3 years and very happily In every year she had to go back Us for only 3 months then she moved back to me.she had to re-establish her domicile so she decided to go back and established domocile. I sent proof of domicile to embassy 4 months ago. Yet waiting. I hope you will understand now. What the situation is. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I am very sorry that you are going through this at such a critical time. 
While we did not have to wait nearly as long, I myself, had a child and my soon to be husband was half way around the world for my pregnancy and a complicated one at that. 
He was fortunate to be here for the birth but had to leave his newborn and myself to complete the process when she was two weeks old. 
But this is immigration and we knew this journey would not be short nor easy. 
Just think how good you do have it as millions going through this process have had to endure much worse and live through illness or worse while being apart from their families. 
She needs your support. Ryan supported  me daily via face time and when he left he was on the phone each day to not miss a thing. 
He was my rock and even without him physically,  I knew I could depend on him no matter what. 
Be strong for your wife as pregnancy is an emotional roll coaster and she needs you now more than ever to stay strong for the both of you. 
I have faith that you will be reunited soon and have a very loving family to go to. 
Best Regards my friend, 

Sarah 

1 minute ago, Sarah n Ryan said:

I am very sorry that you are going through this at such a critical time. 
While we did not have to wait nearly as long, I myself, had a child and my soon to be husband was half way around the world for my pregnancy and a complicated one at that. 
He was fortunate to be here for the birth but had to leave his newborn and myself to complete the process when she was two weeks old. 
But this is immigration and we knew this journey would not be short nor easy. 
Just think how good you do have it as millions going through this process have had to endure much worse and live through illness or worse while being apart from their families. 
She needs your support. Ryan supported  me daily via face time and when he left he was on the phone each day to not miss a thing. 
He was my rock and even without him physically,  I knew I could depend on him no matter what. 
Be strong for your wife as pregnancy is an emotional roll coaster and she needs you now more than ever to stay strong for the both of you. 
I have faith that you will be reunited soon and have a very loving family to go to. 
Best Regards my friend, 

Sarah 

Thank you so much for your kind understanding sarah . Yes dear I am 24/7 give time motivate her every time.she is really very strong.i always give her hope.enhance her confidence. Thanks God there are people like you in world who understand and can feel which pain we are passing through. I saw some people here start judging my life just to read this thread rather than understand what it is about. Sitting in home sofa and giving free advice rather than emphize with us while we husband and wife know what best options and what best decision according on that time and on location was best for us. After so consider them then we chose them to do

Thanks Sarah again

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
6 hours ago, Longpassege said:

ENot agreed.judging my life from my One thread is not sufficient.before giving someone advice make you have sufficient knowledge about them. I and my wife living in Pakistan more than 3 years and very happily In every year she had to go back Us for only 3 months then she moved back to me.she had to re-establish her domicile so she decided to go back and established domocile. I sent proof of domicile to embassy 4 months ago. Yet waiting. I hope you will understand now. What the situation is. 

Except there is no requirement for the USC to “move back and establish domicile”.  Which makes it difficult to understand what the problem here really is.  Your wife did not have to do that and it was a choice.

For example our daughter was born in beautiful sunny KSA but my wife COULD have flown back to the US without me to have her.  I realize that KSA isn’t quite the childbirth and new-mom considerate utopia that Pakistan is but that is why I am wondering why you, and she, chose to do this the way you did it.

I did not have to leave my wife in KSA, return to the US, and establish domicile when we permanently left for the US either.  So I know that this is not necessary (“intent” to domicile doesn’t mean packing up and leaving your spouse behind) I am also wondering why the choice was made to do that as well.

So to me, other than the clearly understandable AP wait from Pakistan, your story does not add up and you seem to be complaining about things that were choices not requirements.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I hope that you and your wife are together soon.   If you aren't able to be there for the birth we live in an age of amazing technology.    I know it's not the same but you could do a video call the whole birth. The nurses or even a hospital volunteer would be happy to help if your wife doesn't have family or friends there for the delivery.       Good luck and try to think positive thoughts , I made myself very sick not eating from anxiety of the immigration process.    Best wishes to your family and birth of your child ! 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Brother, at this point you have gotten many comments, I understand it is quite difficult to be apart from your spouse and even more so when you have your first child on the way

That said, at this point your choices are to either have her fly back to Pakistan VERY soon and have the baby there/wait with you there until the visa is issued- but be aware you would then need to do something for baby to immigrate either apply for CRBA assuming your wife is eligible to pass on citizenship or apply for immigrant visa for the baby OR she will go on to have the baby in the US and can fly to meet you after the baby is born and has been issued a passport OR you will have to be patient and endure the separation

No one can predict when your visa will be issued, there is no timeline for completion of AP, your visa could be issued tomorrow assuming the embassy has everything they need or it could take weeks, months, or even years more

the longest I know of someone being in AP is 7 years, of course that is by no means normal, but a long AP is possible, particularly if you are from certain areas, have any questionable education/have held questionable jobs, or if you have a common name

Best you can do is try to think positively, and decide which from the options available to you and your wife would best suit your family situation

Spoiler

Married December 19, 2014

I-130 Petition sent January 14, 2015
NOA1 date January 20, 2015 (NSC)

NOA2 date May 28, 2015 :dance::dance::dance:

Mailed to NVC June 4, 2015

NVC Received June 10, 2015

NVC Case Number Assigned June 23, 2015

NVC AoS Invoice via Mail June 24, 2015

NVC Selected Agent Over Phone June 30, 2015 (Unable to logon to CEAC)

NVC IV Invoice via email received July 1, 2015

NVC AoS/IV Package Mailed July 2, 2015

NVC AoS & IV Fee Paid Online (CEAC is working) July 6. 2015

NVC Document Scan Date July 6, 2015

NCV AoS & IV Fee marked as paid in CEAC July, 7 2015

NVC DS 260 Completed July 8, 2015

NVC CC July 30, 2015 (24 days after scan date, about 2 months post NOA2)

Interview Scheduled on August 26, 2015

Interview P4 Email Received August 27, 2015

Medical in Islamabad September 2, 2015

Interview Date September 22, 2015 CANCELLED (Embassy is Over scheduled) :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Interview Scheduled on September 10, 2015

Interview Date October 14, 2015 APPROVED

Visa Issued October 16, 2015, 9 months start to finish

POE JFK October 26, 2015

GC in Hand Jan 8, 2016

RoC I-751 NOA1 August 31, 2017 (Vermont Service Center)

Biometrics October 2, 2017

I551 Stamp in Passport August 2, 2018

18 Month Extension Letter August 3, 2018

Applied for Naturalization N-400 Online July 30, 2018

Biometrics August 23, 2018

10 year GC is in production September 17, 2018

I'm so sorry this is such a difficult time for you and your wife.  I hope you visa gets finalized soon.

On J visas.  Spouse won DV lottery while in US.  Did AOS from the US.

Boston field office, GC holder for 10 years.

Citizenship received in 2016, took ~5 months from application to passport.

Spouse received citizenship in 2019

12 hours ago, Longpassege said:

Not agreed.judging my life from my One thread is not sufficient.before giving someone advice make you have sufficient knowledge about them. I and my wife living in Pakistan more than 3 years and very happily In every year she had to go back Us for only 3 months then she moved back to me.she had to re-establish her domicile so she decided to go back and established domocile. I sent proof of domicile to embassy 4 months ago. Yet waiting. I hope you will understand now. What the situation is. 

You still have choices.  My point was that everything you’re going through is directly related to the choice to pursue life in the US.  We all have to make choices and prioritize.  If being apart is not an option you choose, you can choose to be together in your country.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~One post removed for TOS Violation - Make comments in a Post either direct or implied toward another member that are purposely designed to upset, antagonize, make fun of, belittle, harass, insult, or otherwise instigate an argument that takes away from the personal enjoyment of the Service by other users.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

May Allah ease your pain and reunite you with your wife soon. Stay Strong and don't lose hope. I am very disappointed to see all negative comments. There is so much pain already for us who are away from our spouses. Please don't make it more miserable with your negative comments. We all know that this process is long and can be hard. All we need is kindness and positivity around us so please be nice to others. Peace Out! 

Edited by haniq

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Palestine
Timeline

I got pregnant, did the entire pregnancy and birth by myself. My son is almost 8 months now. Just listen to her and stay positive. It’s going to be hard but support her by sending money and encouraging her. My fiancé takes responsibility for the pregnancy, we both do. We didn’t intend to get pregnant being apart, but here we are a year later into our visa journey. I asked the local congress office to step in and they’ve been wonderful. Our first AP was 2 agonizing months. Now we are at nonimmigrant application received. The only thing we can do is keep waiting and hoping it will be soon.

On 11/3/2019 at 12:44 PM, Longpassege said:

I am writing this letters with tears in my eyes’ cant do anything for my wife who is my life. She is my everything and she has far away from me don’t know why embassy treated me very badly that my case took 19 months with still no visa. My wife is 7th months pregnant. She hopes that I will be there before delivery time. Yesterday I cried whole night. She is suffering alone in USA.we have submitted whatever embassy asked the last documents we submitted 4 months ago in july. The documents were pictures and proof of domicile. Just pictures and proof of domicile takes such a long delay to review. We both are suffering from mental presurre.as soon as her delivery dates are coming close I am so worried if I dont get visa before her delivery then who will take care of my wife.who will bring her hospital if emergency happen.my heart vibrates when I even think about it daily I wakeup from new hopes. I can’t Express that pain when I receive response of email after 19 months of administrative processing that (we have received your documents and currently they are pending for review. Please be assured we are doing our best effort to finish this admin processing as soon as possible)At this time I cant do anything at this point I just pray to Allah please push me up from this processing. I really can’t Express my pain. Every time I cry silently when I talk to my wife over phone. When she tells me she has to go hospital for routine check up and nobody give her ride. When she says I am alone. I feel very bad for me. Why I am exist here. These are my toughest days of my life.  The pain I am passing through unable to describe in words. I hope somebody will sympathize with me 
I know I am not alone in this circumstances

There are many couples who are same as me

Allah Un sab ki parehshani Hal karay

I understand your situation but it’s part of this process . My husband is outside almost 10 years . I have to travel to visit him twice a year and it’s expensive and sad . Lots of patience!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.