74 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
56 minutes ago, Zach2015 said:

I thought it was NOA1, but I guess it could be the NOA2.

Well the approval its NOA2, NOA 1 its just a notification that they have received your case

I-129 F SENT 11/27/2018

NOA 1 12/03/2018

RFE      04/10/2019

RFE REPLY 04/25/2019

NOA 2 05/09/2019

NVC RECEIVED 06/05/2019

CASE # ASSIGNED NVC  06/10/2019

NVC LEFT 06/25/2019

EMBASSY RECEIVED 07/02/2019

K1 INTERVIEW APPROVAL  07/18/2019

USA ENTRY🛬 07/30/2019

MARRIED 🤵💖👰09/13/2019

AOS SENT 10/08/2019

AOS RECEIVED 10/09/2019

AOS NOA 1 10/25/2019

BIOMETRICS 11/20/2019

READY TO INTERVIEW: 12/23/2020

Interview scheduled update 02/20/2020
Interview Scheduled for 04/08/2020
03/31/2020 interview has been cancelled due to COVID19
04/01/20202 case ready to be scheduled for an interview
08/24/2020 Interview has been scheduled
Interview 9/14/2020
I 485 approved 9/14/2020
GC mailed 9/17/2020
GC received 9/21/2020

ROC mailed 09/01/2022

ROC received 09/02/2022

NOA RECEIVED 09/16/2022

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Pooley said:

Thank you, I got 3 certified copies of my marriage certificate so I'll just add them in. It can't hurt. 

Hi! We also submitted our AOS on 10/07 and included 3 certified copies of our marriage certificate. Was just trying to be overly safe, but that's just us 😁

I only put one certified copy in the AOS package, the ead and ap only had a normal copy.

Heres my table of contents. I already got my EAD and my interview is ready for being scheduled. So no rfe:

Not sure if some of it was too much, but atleast i didnt get an RFE haha. Was my biggest fear too!
Oh also I didnt send any evidence because people said you only need it at the interview!

Form G-1450 for Credit Card Transactions authorizing a payment of $1225.
Form G-1145 E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance

Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, including:
Two (2) passport-style photos of the applicant
Copy of the applicant's passport (biographical page)
Copy of K-1 Visa in passport & USA entry stamp
Copy of I-797 Notice of Approval for the I-129F petition
Copy of 221(g) refusal, which got issued because the embassy had a system error and they were not able to confirm fingerprints for the oath of the applicant on the day of the interview
Copy of Electronic I-94 Admission Record
Copy of applicant's birth certificate
Certified copy of Marriage Certificate 
Copy of Vaccination Documentation Worksheet, Form DS-3025

Form I-864 Affidavit of Support, including:
Copy of petitioner's birth certificate as proof of U.S. Citizenship
Copy of petitioner's full tax return for year 2018
Signed copy of the savings and checking bank account overview
Bank account summaries from April 2018 to April 2019 to show income from self employment 

Form I-765 Application For Employment Authorization, including:
Two (2) passport-style photos of applicant 
Copy of 221(g) refusal, which got issued because the embassy had a system error and they were not able to confirm fingerprints for the oath of the applicant on the day of the interview
Copy of Marriage Certificate 

Form I-131 Application for Travel Document, including:

Edited by Toastbear

26 minutes ago, Indira/Charlys said:

Well the approval its NOA2, NOA 1 its just a notification that they have received your case

Either one is good: "NOTE: Attach a copy of the Form I-797 receipt or approval notice for the underlying petition or application, as appropriate." https://www.uscis.gov/system/files_force/files/form/i-485.pdf Page 3

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Toastbear said:

I only put one certified copy in the AOS package, the ead and ap only had a normal copy.

Heres my table of contents. I already got my EAD and my interview is ready for being scheduled. So no rfe:

Not sure if some of it was too much, but atleast i didnt get an RFE haha. Was my biggest fear too!
Oh also I didnt send any evidence because people said you only need it at the interview!

Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, including:
Two (2) passport-style photos of the applicant
Certified copy of Marriage Certificate 
Copy of Vaccination Documentation Worksheet, Form DS-3025

Form I-864 Affidavit of Support, including:
Copy of petitioner's birth certificate as proof of U.S. Citizenship
Copy of petitioner's full tax return for year 2018
Signed copy of the savings and checking bank account overview
Bank account summaries from April 2018 to April 2019 to show income from self employment 

Form I-765 Application For Employment Authorization, including:

Form I-131 Application for Travel Document, including:

Not sure if it was way too much?  A lot of items  listed were not required or requested 

YMMV

5 hours ago, payxibka said:

Not sure if it was way too much?  A lot of items  listed were not required or requested 

What was not required? You have to treat EAD and AP as its own petition. A lot of people got rfes for that in the past.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Toastbear said:

What was not required? You have to treat EAD and AP as its own petition. A lot of people got rfes for that in the past.

They are applications not petitions

You do not share common evidence.  That does not mean you replicate the entire i485 package for the other applications.   

proof of marriage is not a requirement for either i765 or i131, otherwise what do single people do?

Copy of 221g?

Did you know the ds3025 is not required?  The ds3025 is only acceptable IF it was marked complete AND was included in the "Do not open " envelope 

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
19 hours ago, Lebanese23 said:

2 Passport style photographs

I had to put 2 for AOS and 2 for EAD. So in total I did 4 passport photos of my wife.

Timeline
24 minutes ago, payxibka said:

They are applications not petitions

You do not share common evidence.  That does not mean you replicate the entire i485 package for the other applications.   

proof of marriage is not a requirement for either i765 or i131, otherwise what do single people do?

Copy of 221g?

Did you know the ds3025 is not required?  The ds3025 is only acceptable IF it was marked complete AND was included in the "Do not open " envelope 

I may be wrong but we are applying for i765 and i131 as part of the AOS thus the need of the marriage certificate. And this was also mentioned in some threads I've read before. 

I also submitted my ds3025 although medical was completed prior to coming here. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait and see. I'm ok submitting all of those as long as I don't get any RFEs😁

Timeline
1 hour ago, JCo said:

I may be wrong but we are applying for i765 and i131 as part of the AOS thus the need of the marriage certificate. And this was also mentioned in some threads I've read before. 

I also submitted my ds3025 although medical was completed prior to coming here. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait and see. I'm ok submitting all of those as long as I don't get any RFEs😁

I765 instructions are silent regarding marriage certificate. 

You won't get an RFE for submitting non required evidence. 

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
13 hours ago, Toastbear said:

I attached the check in the amount of $1225 but I did not put in the G-1450 😬. I didn't know that form was required.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Pooley said:

I attached the check in the amount of $1225 but I did not put in the G-1450 😬. I didn't know that form was required.

You paid by check 

YMMV

Timeline
26 minutes ago, payxibka said:

I765 instructions are silent regarding marriage certificate. 

You won't get an RFE for submitting non required evidence. 

I see. So I assume you already got your EAD eventhough no marriage cert was submitted? 

Anyway, as long we get the approval, again, I don't mind sending them extra paperwork. But thanks for your input 😊

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
18 hours ago, payxibka said:

G325A is obsolete 

Ds3025 is not required but most people include for some reason 

DS3025 was suppose to be in that mysterious envelope when they entered the US. and somehow they never got ours, so i brought a copy and they asked for it at the interview. so i guess it doesn't matter if you submit it, but bring it with you for sure!!

AOS/EAD/AP ->: 11/29/18 - NOA1: 12/04/18

Biometric NOA:  12/14/18  Biometric Appt: 12/26/18

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 1/16/19

EAD/AP approval: 3/18/19

AOS Interview Appt: 6/4/19

AOS Interview: 7/10/19

AOS Approved: 7/23/19

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 7/26/19

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Lebanese23 said:

DS3025 was suppose to be in that mysterious envelope when they entered the US. and somehow they never got ours, so i brought a copy and they asked for it at the interview. so i guess it doesn't matter if you submit it, but bring it with you for sure!!

His DS3025 said complete so I just made a copy of it and attached it since the instructions said if he got his medical done within a year of filing it, the other form for the civil surgeon wasn't needed. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.