74 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Pooley said:

Ahh okay. This feels like so much more paperwork than the k-1 packet! 

Be sure to include 3 marriage certificates one with EACH form. Cover letters  help but are not required.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Be sure to include 3 marriage certificates one with EACH form. Cover letters  help but are not required.

The instructions didn't say to include those except for the I-485. Do they all have to be certified copies?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Zach2015 said:

The Petitioner is now the beneficiary (the person you brought over from another country) Not the USC. So only the beneficiary which is now the petitioner submits passport photos.

No, you do not include the entire packet. Just the NOA1 from the K1 process

No. Just the marriage certificate. All the paperwork and photos will be for the actual interview.

NOA 1 or NOA2????

I-129 F SENT 11/27/2018

NOA 1 12/03/2018

RFE      04/10/2019

RFE REPLY 04/25/2019

NOA 2 05/09/2019

NVC RECEIVED 06/05/2019

CASE # ASSIGNED NVC  06/10/2019

NVC LEFT 06/25/2019

EMBASSY RECEIVED 07/02/2019

K1 INTERVIEW APPROVAL  07/18/2019

USA ENTRY🛬 07/30/2019

MARRIED 🤵💖👰09/13/2019

AOS SENT 10/08/2019

AOS RECEIVED 10/09/2019

AOS NOA 1 10/25/2019

BIOMETRICS 11/20/2019

READY TO INTERVIEW: 12/23/2020

Interview scheduled update 02/20/2020
Interview Scheduled for 04/08/2020
03/31/2020 interview has been cancelled due to COVID19
04/01/20202 case ready to be scheduled for an interview
08/24/2020 Interview has been scheduled
Interview 9/14/2020
I 485 approved 9/14/2020
GC mailed 9/17/2020
GC received 9/21/2020

ROC mailed 09/01/2022

ROC received 09/02/2022

NOA RECEIVED 09/16/2022

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Where is marriage certificate a requirement for the i765 & i131?

YMMV

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Pooley said:

The instructions didn't say to include those except for the I-485. Do they all have to be certified copies?

Everything submitted to the uscis is legible photocopies of original documents.   You never send original or certified copies of anything unless SPECIFICALLY requested 

YMMV

11 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Where is marriage certificate a requirement for the i765 & i131?

It's  not many folks submit them since the forms are seperated from the I-485 where the ONLY marriage certificate resides. Just a suggestion is all never said it was a requirement.

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Timeline
Just now, Sarge2155 said:

It's  not many folks submit them since the forms are seperated from the I-485 where the ONLY marriage certificate resides. Just a suggestion is all never said it was a requirement.

And it is only needed for the i485 even if separated as the other applications standalone without it 

YMMV

14 minutes ago, payxibka said:

And it is only needed for the i485 even if separated as the other applications standalone without it 

Then why have people  gotten a RFE for it many cases here on VJ but it's not a big deal I was just offering what I thought is good information and I stand by that!

Citizenship Complete!

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Then why have people  gotten a RFE for it many cases here on VJ but it's not a big deal I was just offering what I thought is good information and I stand by that!

Thank you, I got 3 certified copies of my marriage certificate so I'll just add them in. It can't hurt. 

Timeline
46 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

For other common evidence but I haven't seen it for the marriage certificate 

YMMV

Timeline
2 hours ago, Loren Y said:

Only important thing is to write the A-number with felt tipped pen on back of all photos. You will be sending 6. I think it is in case they get seperated from the package. And if possible put them in a small bag attached to each petition. 2 photos each. When you are ready, it will look like this roughly.333381562_AOS.jpg.3a1795afd4300f5b8880c01cf8cc5486.jpg

Did you send yours in with the clips or how did you send it to keep everything organized? 

2 hours ago, Pooley said:

G-325A - Biographic Information

"Form G-325A is no longer required. You do not need to submit a separate Form G-325A with this Form I-485. Parts 1. and 3. of this Form I-485 meet the requirements of 8 CFR 245.2(a)(3)(i) by collecting the biographical information formerly required on Form G-325A." https://www.uscis.gov/system/files_force/files/form/i-485instr.pdf Page 4

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
48 minutes ago, Pooley said:

Did you send yours in with the clips or how did you send it to keep everything organized? 

Yes, sent it with the clips attached, and I used 1 large clip to hold all the seperate petitions together. It all fit in a flat rate USPS envelope. Was a little thick, but if it fits, it ships.😁

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.