74 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
1 minute ago, Pooley said:

His DS3025 said complete so I just made a copy of it and attached it since the instructions said if he got his medical done within a year of filing it, the other form for the civil surgeon wasn't needed. 

that's correct. and bring it to interview as well cuz you never know if they got it. i submitted copies and it was suppose to be in that envelope and they got none, that was the first thing she asked us "i cant find your medical, did you submit it?" 

AOS/EAD/AP ->: 11/29/18 - NOA1: 12/04/18

Biometric NOA:  12/14/18  Biometric Appt: 12/26/18

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 1/16/19

EAD/AP approval: 3/18/19

AOS Interview Appt: 6/4/19

AOS Interview: 7/10/19

AOS Approved: 7/23/19

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 7/26/19

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Just now, Lebanese23 said:

that's correct. and bring it to interview as well cuz you never know if they got it. i submitted copies and it was suppose to be in that envelope and they got none, that was the first thing she asked us "i cant find your medical, did you submit it?" 

Yeah I will. One thing I've learned is the government is extremely slow and extremely unorganized 

58 minutes ago, Pooley said:

Yeah I will. One thing I've learned is the government is extremely slow and extremely unorganized 

Yeah also it doesn’t hurt to put a copy of it in. 

3 hours ago, payxibka said:

They are applications not petitions

You do not share common evidence.  That does not mean you replicate the entire i485 package for the other applications.   

proof of marriage is not a requirement for either i765 or i131, otherwise what do single people do?

Copy of 221g?

Did you know the ds3025 is not required?  The ds3025 is only acceptable IF it was marked complete AND was included in the "Do not open " envelope 

I read somewhere that the 221g must be included if there’s one. 

also my ds3025 is complete and I saw it as required from a lot of people.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
On 10/8/2019 at 9:52 AM, Lebanese23 said:

the passport photos yes but only for beneficiary. although there is a new form of I-485 going into effect October 15th and im not sure if they added anything extra. depending when you submit your form it can make a huge difference.  this list is using the current form before October 15.

My cover letter list for AOS:

§ Check for $1,225 (includes biometrics)

§ Form G-1145 E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance

• Form I-485, Application to Adjustment of Status
  • 2 Passport style photographs
  • Original copy of Marriage Certificate
  • Copy of Form I-797 NOA2 Approval
  • Copy of I-94 Arrival/Departure Record
  • Copy of Passport Biographical Page + K1 Visa page + entry stamps
  • Copy of birth certificate + translation
  • Copy of Form DS-3025 Vaccination Records
  • Form I-864 Affidavit of Support & supporting documents:

§  Copy of biographical page of passport

§  Copy of birth certificate

§  Copy of 2017 IRS tax Transcript

§  Employment letter verification

§  Copies of most 6 recent Pay stubs

(My timeline is extremely close to OP's so I hope it's okay if I jump in with a related follow-up question rather than take up space with a new thread)

Aware that the new forms start Oct. 15, I'm trying as hard as possible to send in our AOS packet before that date. That is, my mailing date would predate Oct. 15. However, the packet may not actually arrive at USCIS until Oct. 15 or after. Do you think that as long as my mail date predates Oct. 15, our application will be adjudicated according to the "old rules" (and the "old forms" still valid)? Do you think I should include a separate statement reminding whoever reads our packet of this fact?

Timeline
On 10/8/2019 at 9:52 AM, Lebanese23 said:

Nevermind, I found the official answer from USCIS:

On Aug. 14, 2019, DHS published a final rule on the public charge ground of inadmissibility (see section 212(a)(4) of the Immigration and Nationality Act). The final rule becomes effective Oct. 15, 2019.  

What to Know About Sending Us Your Form

The current edition of the form, dated 7/15/2019

• We will accept the current edition of this form if it is postmarked on or before Oct. 14.
  • We will not accept it if it is postmarked on or after Oct. 15.  

The updated edition of the form

On or after Oct. 15, we will accept only an updated edition that will be linked to this page.

Timeline
1 hour ago, JCo said:

HI. How long does it usually take to get a NOA1 for AOS after USCIS receives it? Thanks.

The time differs from applicant to applicant. If you search the timelines you can get a sense of what the time looks like across a range of applicants.

Timeline

Good news on USCIS if you haven't submitted your paperwork yet. the October 15 date has been delayed.

ALERT: On Oct. 11, 2019, judges in three separate cases before U.S. District Courts for the Southern District of New York, Northern District of California, and Eastern District of Washington enjoined DHS from implementing and enforcing the final rule related to the public charge ground of inadmissibility under section 212(a)(4) of the Immigration and Nationality Act and postponed the effective date of the final rule until there is final resolution in the cases. Two of the injunctions are nationwide and prevent USCIS from implementing the rule anywhere in the United States. Until final decisions in these cases are issued or the injunction is lifted, USCIS will accept the version of this form on this landing page.

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

Timeline
21 hours ago, Lebanese23 said:

Good news on USCIS if you haven't submitted your paperwork yet. the October 15 date has been delayed.

ALERT: On Oct. 11, 2019, judges in three separate cases before U.S. District Courts for the Southern District of New York, Northern District of California, and Eastern District of Washington enjoined DHS from implementing and enforcing the final rule related to the public charge ground of inadmissibility under section 212(a)(4) of the Immigration and Nationality Act and postponed the effective date of the final rule until there is final resolution in the cases. Two of the injunctions are nationwide and prevent USCIS from implementing the rule anywhere in the United States. Until final decisions in these cases are issued or the injunction is lifted, USCIS will accept the version of this form on this landing page.

Thankfully I already sent in my paperwork but that's good to know! Is there a website to check the status like there was for the k-1?

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Pooley said:

Thankfully I already sent in my paperwork but that's good to know! Is there a website to check the status like there was for the k-1?

yes its the same website. you enter your Case #s once you get them in the mail. login to website below and plug them in. enable texts/email so you get texts when something gets updated on the website.

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 hours ago, Pooley said:

We are back in the waiting game just like K1! I just hope to hear from them this week but our check has'nt been cashed yet.

Timeline
14 hours ago, JCo said:

We are back in the waiting game just like K1! I just hope to hear from them this week but our check has'nt been cashed yet.

My check hasn't been cashed either and I sent it out on the 8th 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.