dwheels76

NVC Filers - October 2019

1,045 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Just now, JMPM said:

Yes. I would definitely not risk it. You don't want the interviewing officer suspecting marriage fraud and sending it back to USCIS. You have time I believe you're interviews are backlogged a bit right?

yes 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
7 minutes ago, JMPM said:

@Sam17 @George George @Rupi

Read what happens when you file single as a married person.  It's recent. 

It's fixable. You file an amendment to the taxes. Only problem you can't do is e file. It was supposed to be a paper filing when your spouse has no social security

Ahhhhh..... So how can my husband obtain ITIN# for filing amended return .bcz there is requirement for ssn!!!

1 minute ago, Sam17 said:

Ahhhhh..... So how can my husband obtain ITIN# 

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/individual-taxpayer-identification-number

Idk if you need the itin or you can right NRA for your social security number it means non resident alien. I do know you could write NRA in place in the initial filing but you have to mail it in. e-file doesn't work for these tax filing. 

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
20 minutes ago, JMPM said:

It's fixable. You file an amendment to the taxes. Only problem you can't do is e file. It was supposed to be a paper filing when your spouse has no social security

Thank you so much, i will start the amendment ASAP 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, JMPM said:

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/individual-taxpayer-identification-number

Idk if you need the itin or you can right NRA for your social security number it means non resident alien. I do know you could write NRA in place in the initial filing but you have to mail it in. e-file doesn't work for these tax filing. 

Okay so after filing amended 1040x ...Should it be mail to irs and then ???

2 minutes ago, Sam17 said:

Okay so after filing amended 1040x ...Should it be mail to irs and then ???

Yes everything will be mailed. The amendment. Follow the forms instructions. If you choose to get a itin you gotta wait for that. Consult with a tax preparer if you don't understand it. Make sure they know what you needs to be done. On the 1040x you can write NRA in the beneficiary social security spot. 

02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, JMPM said:

Yes everything will be mailed. The amendment. Follow the forms instructions. If you choose to get a itin you gotta wait for that. Consult with a tax preparer if you don't understand it. Make sure they know what you needs to be done. On the 1040x you can write NRA in the beneficiary social security spot. 

I didnt see NRA option in 1040x.. 

Okay.....Do they refund some money if we choose married filing separately,? Or should pay more..??

10 minutes ago, Sam17 said:

I didnt see NRA option in 1040x.. 

Okay.....Do they refund some money if we choose married filing separately,? Or should pay more..??

That goes beyond my knowledge. I advise you to seek a tax preparer that's knowledgeable. Not the neighborhood tax person. Walk into an HR Block or other reputable company. 

I can only go by what I have witnessed on here and my limited knowledge that I glanced over the tax forms. 

I almost made the same mistake when I filed my taxes. I did read another incident where a person was about to file single too. 

4 hours ago, Rupi said:

no this will not cause any problem

Not entirely correct, he should have filed married seperated, or married filing joint.. or in special circumstances head of household... you shouldn’t file as single if married

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Just got an email 4AM that my application was sent to the Department of State.  I'm so excited 🤩

Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Jamaica
Marriage : 5/31/19
I-130 Sent : 6/14/19
I-130 NOA1 : 6/20/19 
I-129F Sent :    8/9/19
I-129F NOA1 :    8/13/19
1-130 Approved: 9/26/19

I-129F Denied: 9/26/19

Approval Sent to NVC: 10/9/19  
NVC Received : 10/17/19

NVC Case# Received : 11/8/19

NVC Payments Made : 11/8/19

Documents Submitted : 12/2/19

Documents Approved : 1/10/2020

Documents sent to JA Embassy : 1/21/2020

Medical Exam Complete : 1/24/2020

Interview Date : 2/3/2020 (APPROVED)

Administrative Processing : 2/3/2020 - Original JA Marriage Certificate requested

Mailed Marriage Certificate: 2/3/2020

Marriage Certificate Arrived at JA Embassy: 2/6/2020

CEAC shows "Issued":  2/24/2020 :dance:

"The U.S. Department of State Consulate located in Kingston has released document related to your Visa application to our courier DHL Express." 2/27/2020 😄💃♥️

VISA IN HAND - FLIGHT BOOKED - 3/2/2020 :joy:

Hubby Arrived in US: 3/4/2020

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
8 hours ago, George George said:

i put single in the filing status as my accountant advised me back then as my wife is not in the states

Omg fire them 😪

7 hours ago, Sam17 said:

our tax preparer said my husband cant bcz im not there in US...

Fire them as well 😪 

They gave both of you wrong advice that is easily accesible online, they obviously had the wrong info and could've caused you problems in the immigration process. I would be pissed 🙄🙄🙄

4 hours ago, CMdeCarbajal said:

Im in that boat. Dec 2018 cc and still waiting.

Hang in there!! If you're following the fcebook groups then you know your interview is coming soon 🙂

Edited by Juliet57

Service Center: Texas Service Center SRC

Consulate: Juarez, Mexico

I-130 NOA1: 2019/03/21

I-130 NOA2: 2019/09/17

NVC DQ: 2020/01/21

Visa Approved: 2021/07/01

8 hours ago, JMPM said:

I filed as head of household, which is what the IRS suggest you do when you are married but your spouse does not have social and I have a teenager from previous marriage. 

8 minutes ago, inneedofmyhb said:

I filed as head of household, which is what the IRS suggest you do when you are married but your spouse does not have social and I have a teenager from previous marriage. 

I am freaking out right now. As many people said my accountant also told me to fill single if your spouse does not have a SSN, so I did which I regret now. Is there anybody did not have any problem even if they filed as single? I am checking all the info to change my status to married filing separately or should I change it to married filing jointly. I am so confused.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, impatienttt said:

I am freaking out right now. As many people said my accountant also told me to fill single if your spouse does not have a SSN, so I did which I regret now. Is there anybody did not have any problem even if they filed as single? I am checking all the info to change my status to married filing separately or should I change it to married filing jointly. I am so confused.

You cannot file as Joint if the spouse has no SSN or ITIN..........You can amend to Married-Filing Separately.........but tax filing is an IRS matter, not an immigration matter......

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.