29 posts in this topic

Hello ,
           I'm a new VJ member , My wife and I started chatting last July 2018 and eventually we got into a relationship and we got married in January 2019 and spent 10 days before sent went back to the states , and she file for I-130 in February . and visited me again in May 2019 for 14 days . i am 30 and my wife is 33 .I've read it is a red flag for the visa filing. I just want to know if there are any couples here who had the same issue and got their visa approved. It would be nice to hear successful stories.Thank you !!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Mark2020 said:

Hello ,
           I'm a new VJ member , My wife and I started chatting last July 2018 and eventually we got into a relationship and we got married in January 2019 and spent 10 days before sent went back to the states , and she file for I-130 in February . and visited me again in May 2019 for 14 days . i am 30 and my wife is 33 .I've read it is a red flag for the visa filing. I just want to know if there are any couples here who had the same issue and got their visa approved. It would be nice to hear successful stories.Thank you !!!!

What's a red flag? 3 years age difference. That's hardly an issue.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

5 minutes ago, Mark2020 said:

Hello ,

You've heard that a 3 year age difference is a red flag?

8 minutes ago, Mark2020 said:

Hello ,

Even for Ghana that isn't a red flag.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 minutes ago, bakphx1 said:

Getting married the first time you meet is a red flag.  

I know people married after meeting for the first and got approved 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

A red flag isn’t an automatic denial.  But plan to be scrutinized.  Learn what documentation you can supply and start getting it together.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
3 hours ago, Mark2020 said:

Got everything document proved waiting for interview and i am worried 

Applied for CR-1 in February 2019 and already at interview stage? How come so fast?

Please do your timeline and contribute to the community. Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I won’t worry about it, that isn’t a big age gab and also marrying on first meeting isn’t bad either just as long as you can show continuity and that you relationship is genuine. Document every interaction with your wife, pictures, text and call logs. 

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
10 hours ago, Mark2020 said:

Hello ,

3 years is not a flag and neither is getting married on the first visit.  We also got married on the first visit and have never had an issue.  I have seen MANY couples pass through this site who also married on the first visit.  

By interview time make sure your relationship timeline (how you met/communicated, first visit and wedding, subsequent visits and communication) is well summarized.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

what country?

this is very important

i agree with all above the age difference is not an issue / many have huge age gaps and that is why they face an uphill battle

but marriage after such a short time of chatting and marriage on 1st visit can be depending on the country

you do need more facetime before the interview / as much quality time as you can 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.