Prizm123

September 2019 AOS Filers

2,106 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline
1 hour ago, wxman22 said:

Gets worse.

In actually looking plane tickets, it's $625 each times 2 for her and her son.

if i delay it 4 weeks, it's $498.

that's a lot of money, I hope you will make the right choice. 

Good luck to you.

10/02/19 AOS Package received.
10/15/19 Hard copy NOA received with a notice.
10/19/19 Received I-797C biometric appointment.
11/01/19 Biometrics completed.
11/08/19 Case was updated to Fingerprints were taken and in Process.
11/26/19 Form I-485 "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview".
01/21/20 I-765 "New card is being produced".
01/22/20 I-765 "Case was approved".
01/23/20 Form I-485 "Interview was scheduled".
01/24/20 I-765 "Card Was Mailed to me".
01/27/20 I-765 "Card was picked up by USPS" expected delivery by 01/29/20.
01/27/20 I-765 "Approval notice letter".
01/27/20 Form I-485 Interview Letter received. Interview Date 03/04/2020.

01/29/20 EAD Card in hand.

03/04/20 Interview was complete but my case must be reviewed.

03/05/20 New Card is being Produced.

03/06/20 I-130 and I-485 "Case was approved"

03/10/20 10 years Green card in hand.

3 hours ago, Steph & Nick said:

That's interesting! I live in Texas and went to the SSA office in Tyler maybe a week or so after getting married and had no trouble at all getting a new SS card with my new married name. This was in early September. The fellow said it needed to wait on some verification and asked if I had changed my name with immigration, I told him I'd filed my AOS paperwork and was waiting for them to receive it. My new card showed up in a couple weeks!

See that's  what irritates me, the whole system is not uniformed they don't follow  their own rules in this case POM. Some offices and or agents  will do it others don't know.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

We had our biometrics appointment today.  We arrived 25 minutes before our appointment time, had to fill out a one-pager that was no sweat and then went in line for them to check our documents and assign us a number.  Our number was called around 9:10 and she was finished in 5-7 minutes.  Overall, a rather simple process.  The staff was nice and courteous.

Now we are waiting for the next step.

We sent in our application for AOS on August 30th with a NOA date of Sept 9th. We haven't received anything since the NOA letters, and no biometrics appointment. Is that normal? Do we have to look online or contact someone for the information, or does it come as a letter in the mail with the appointment date?

Just waiting not so patiently... I believe our local office with be Detroit. 

Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences!

Met at a bar: 03/17/17

Engaged: 07/27/18

Filed I129f: 08/06/18

NOA1: 08/13/18

NOA2: 01/09/19

case shipped: 02/05/19

case received: 02/16/19

P3 letter: 02/16/19

Medical: 02/15/19

Interview: 03/05/19 - Approved

Visa received: 03/15/19

US entry (Chicago): 06/13/19

Marriage: 08/17/19

Filed AOS/EAD/AP: 09/03/19

NOA1: 09/19/19

Biometrics: 

37 minutes ago, shiestand said:

We sent in our application for AOS on August 30th with a NOA date of Sept 9th. We haven't received anything since the NOA letters, and no biometrics appointment. Is that normal? Do we have to look online or contact someone for the information, or does it come as a letter in the mail with the appointment date?

Just waiting not so patiently... I believe our local office with be Detroit. 

Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences!

I have seen in previous posts from other months, that some people wait months for the biometrics, but others wait weeks. No rhyme or reason.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline
13 hours ago, TastyCake said:

We had our biometrics appointment today.  We arrived 25 minutes before our appointment time, had to fill out a one-pager that was no sweat and then went in line for them to check our documents and assign us a number.  Our number was called around 9:10 and she was finished in 5-7 minutes.  Overall, a rather simple process.  The staff was nice and courteous.

Now we are waiting for the next step.

Nice, my appointment is next week. :)

10/02/19 AOS Package received.
10/15/19 Hard copy NOA received with a notice.
10/19/19 Received I-797C biometric appointment.
11/01/19 Biometrics completed.
11/08/19 Case was updated to Fingerprints were taken and in Process.
11/26/19 Form I-485 "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview".
01/21/20 I-765 "New card is being produced".
01/22/20 I-765 "Case was approved".
01/23/20 Form I-485 "Interview was scheduled".
01/24/20 I-765 "Card Was Mailed to me".
01/27/20 I-765 "Card was picked up by USPS" expected delivery by 01/29/20.
01/27/20 I-765 "Approval notice letter".
01/27/20 Form I-485 Interview Letter received. Interview Date 03/04/2020.

01/29/20 EAD Card in hand.

03/04/20 Interview was complete but my case must be reviewed.

03/05/20 New Card is being Produced.

03/06/20 I-130 and I-485 "Case was approved"

03/10/20 10 years Green card in hand.

1 hour ago, Zach2015 said:

I have seen in previous posts from other months, that some people wait months for the biometrics, but others wait weeks. No rhyme or reason.

They usually  send the notice within 30 days or less. Biometrics is usually  conducted within 30 days or less from NOA.

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Timeline
2 hours ago, thausa said:

Nice, my appointment is next week. :)

Good luck!  By all accounts, the biometrics appointment is simple.  And it was indeed simple for us.  No interview-styled questions or anything.  In and out.  They should have a USCIS To Go parking spot.  🙂 

31 minutes ago, CLUAE said:

Had my biometrics last October 24 then status changed to finger print review completed for both aos & ead yesterday. 
Hoping to not get rfe
btw we filed september 23. 
Best of luck to everyone.😊

You are good to go!

Citizenship Complete!

51 minutes ago, Sam.az said:

Processing timeline at NBC has increased, its now 5.5 to 7.5 months :( :( :(

What was it before?

Citizenship Complete!

8 minutes ago, Sam.az said:

Was 4.5 to 6.5 , and the case inquiry was April 17 now it’s back to March 18 

Yeah it changes all the time, I would not worry to much about it. But I understand  what you mean.

Citizenship Complete!

Timeline
17 hours ago, Sam.az said:

Was 4.5 to 6.5 , and the case inquiry was April 17 now it’s back to March 18 

I wouldn't get too hung up on this.  As Sarge says it changes all the time.  I think monthly.

As I recall from our I-129f days, 50% of the cases would be completed by the 'low' range and 93% would be completed by the 'high' range.  So, optimistically speaking, you have a 1 in 2 chance of having your EAD/AP in 5.5 months.  And if the USCIS adjusts it back to 4.5 months, you have a 1 in 2 chance of having it in that time.

My feeble memory seems to recall we had our I-129f approval prior to the lower end of the range that was routinely provided.  So I did a fair amount of hand-wringing for nothing.  We keep checking of course but we don't take the whole freaking thing so seriously this time around.  We'll get it when we get it.

I wouldn't be surprised if the USCIS puts worst case scenarios out there so you feel warm and fuzzy about your government if they process you quicker.  It makes them look like heroes.  I am not saying they do this but I work at a place where this is practiced regularly so I wouldn't be surprised if the government did it as well.  Anyway, at least things are moving along and sooner or later you'll have everything in hand.

Edited by TastyCake

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.