Prizm123

September 2019 AOS Filers

2,106 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 11/1/2019 at 2:44 PM, Silmaril said:

Thanks, Sarge. For us, it's been nearly 48 hours since the biometrics were captured, with no online update either via the case status tracker (which doesn't require a login), or the status shown when logging onto the USCIS account.

I've heard our local office (San Jose) is slow, but a bit worried that they may have confused our numbers. The ASC seemed rather chaotic, so I can easily imagine a dozen things going wrong. Oh well, hoping for the best!

We are a week past my husband's biometrics appointment with no update online either. I was checking constantly like with his Visa but I've stopped worrying as it'll update, and then we just get to wait months for the next step anyway.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline
On 10/9/2019 at 1:20 PM, sashsash said:

If you are talking about manual verification, it is quite common. I had to wait about 3.5 weeks until I received SSN with my married name. Try to call the local office and ask.

I have 2 months waiting for manual verification.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline

Hi everyone. I received today a Request for initial evidence asking about a copy of my birth certificate. I dont know why because y sent it already. One for each application. So I dont know what to do, because I don't want to send the same birth certificate but either they said me anything about what the problem is.

IMG-20191104-WA0031~2.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Juliee said:

I have 2 months waiting for manual verification.

As I remember I was told to wait up to 8 weeks. Anyway I would call your local office and ask :) 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
20 minutes ago, wasp8898 said:

Hey guys, 

I found this status this morning. I am not sure what this means, or if something is wrong? 

Any idea? 

image.png.2d00aef7a4bb05042b843bb0335d7d3b.png

Sorry my initial response missed the cancelled part.  I have heard of this happening before.  I think I heard sometimes there can be a glitch but you'll likely get an interview scheduled at some point.

Edited by TastyCake

Timeline
11 minutes ago, TastyCake said:

Sorry my initial response missed the cancelled part.  I have heard of this happening before.  I think I heard sometimes there can be a glitch but you'll likely get an interview scheduled at some point.

Did some sleuthing online and identified some others in the past who were in your boat.  They called the USCIS who said to ignore the status as it was due to system problems.  So for peace of mind you can call them.  I suspect your status will return to what it was before and eventually you will get an interview notice.

32 minutes ago, TastyCake said:

Did some sleuthing online and identified some others in the past who were in your boat.  They called the USCIS who said to ignore the status as it was due to system problems.  So for peace of mind you can call them.  I suspect your status will return to what it was before and eventually you will get an interview notice.

Thanks alot of this response! I shall give them a call :)

Timeline
11 minutes ago, wasp8898 said:

Thanks alot of this response! I shall give them a call :)

Please report back and keep us posted.

25 minutes ago, TastyCake said:

Please report back and keep us posted.

im so dumb, It wasn't my case number, I missed a single digit. I was looking at someone elses. ;( 

Btw, which site you guys are using to look at cases? The old https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do, or my.uscis.gov? 

Edited by wasp8898

1 hour ago, Eva_AJ said:

Oh Damm haha. I use both as so far, I got more info from the case tracker than the one that needs additional code. 

I know, I got all excited and saw my case on the site that needs additional code that its still at 'case received' but old site says fingerprint review completed. hahaha. ohwell! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 11/4/2019 at 2:36 PM, tankgrrl said:

We are a week past my husband's biometrics appointment with no update online either. I was checking constantly like with his Visa but I've stopped worrying as it'll update, and then we just get to wait months for the next step anyway.

tomorrow will be a week still nothing nothing 🤦🏽‍♂️

Timeline
15 hours ago, wasp8898 said:

im so dumb, It wasn't my case number, I missed a single digit. I was looking at someone elses. ;( 

Btw, which site you guys are using to look at cases? The old https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do, or my.uscis.gov? 

Don't beat yourself up over it.  We have all made that kind of mistake.

You should use the first link but I have an online account for us and added all our case numbers to our profile.  Easy lookup.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.