Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited


About Silmaril

  • Rank
  • Member # 342148
  • Location Santa Cruz, CA, USA

Profile Information

  • State

Immigration Info

  • Immigration Status
    Adjustment of Status (pending)
  • Place benefits filed at
    California Service Center
  • Local Office
    San Jose CA

Immigration Timeline & Photos

Recent Profile Visitors

1,069 profile views
  1. Hi everyone, Hope you're all doing OK during these troubled times. My spouse is an LPR, with a 10 year GC. Her passport expired a few years ago, and her home country demands various documents, Clearances etc. for renewal which is presently difficult since she no longer has family there. We'll pursue that, but at this point we're likely going to just have to wait until she can naturalize. We've applied for an I-131 reentry permit, which we understand resembles a passport and can hold visas. Per online research, some countries will accept a visa plus GC, or a visa plus reentry document plus GC, in lieu of a passport. The list may include Germany and Costa Rica. Description here: https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Resources/B5en.pdf states: Many countries throughout the world may allow you to use a reentry permit much like you would use a passport—placing necessary visas and entry and exit stamps in the permit—so you may use it as your main travel document. Our questions: 1. Is there a list of countries known to accept the reentry permit as a passport substitute? 2. Are airlines generally familiar with the reentry permit, or do they add roadblocks/delays when boarding? Thanks and best wishes to all.
  • Create New...