Prizm123

September 2019 AOS Filers

2,106 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
2 hours ago, SanjaAlex said:

Done with the interview. Waited like 45 minutes after my scheduled time to be called in, interview took 20ish minutes after that. IO was nice, asked all of those yes/no questions from the bottom of the form, asked about my info, did we brought some supporting evidence (we only had life insurance and joint bank acc + wedding photobook and some pictures). He asked to take 5 pics, ended up making copies of them and returning the originals to my hubby because he kept asking can he take a pic so he knows which one we'll be missing from the photo album 😂😁 all in all, good. He said he can't make a decision, a supervisor needs to do that but everything looks good to him. Also said I can expect conditional gc in mail in 5 weeks tops and explained how ROC works. Now waiting for the status to change I guess 

We heard them call you guys in. I think we may have even been sitting in the same row but we moved closer (beside) to the door. In at 9:45am out by 11:15am including wait time of about 1hr. We expect to hear l/see good news as well. Congrats to you all!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Serbia
Timeline
49 minutes ago, BrocknRolle said:

We heard them call you guys in. I think we may have even been sitting in the same row but we moved closer (beside) to the door. In at 9:45am out by 11:15am including wait time of about 1hr. We expect to hear l/see good news as well. Congrats to you all!

Ahhh I thought you guys have your interview tomorrow! Now I feel bad, we could've meet up after. How did it go for you? 😘 

23 hours ago, Hunter & Robyn said:

Still waiting on my letter, hoping it comes tomorrow! Did they lose your birth certificate? 

Best of luck! 

It sounds like it. I know I sent it, so definitely not an oversight on our part. Will be mailing it again by Friday.

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Fe.Ta said:

It sounds like it. I know I sent it, so definitely not an oversight on our part. Will be mailing it again by Friday.

Oh no, well thankfully it’s an easy send! And hopefully you get positive news soon after sending! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

California, San Francisco here. It's been 19 days since my i485 case status changed from RFIE to Case is ready to be Scheduled for An Interview. I'm not expecting any news for i485 as I haven't seen any CA members getting interview schedules yet, but hopefully the AP and EAD combo card gets approved around the end of January.\

I also checked the April, August 2019 filers for CA members, no word on interviews from most recent posts.

Edited by Save85

09/12/19: Sent AOS package

09/14/19: Package arrived at Chicago.

09/30/19: Received 3 text notification at 10 PM

09/30/19: NOA 1: I-765 'Case Was Received dated' 9/16 (checked status on USCIS site using receipt number)

09/30/19: NOA 1: I-131 'Case Was Received' dated' 9/16 (checked status on USCIS site using receipt number)

09/30/19: NOA 1: I-485 'Fingerprint Fee Was Received' and dated 9/27 (checked status on USCIS site using receipt number)

10/01/19: Check cashed after 12 AM (pending at current time of writing)

10/05/19: Received 3 NOA 1 letters (hard copy in mail)

10/25/19: Bio-metrics Appointment

11/12/19: Received RFE for spouse's birth certificate

11/29/19: Case Center received our RFE response letter and documents

12/20/19: Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview

01/10/20: Case is Interview Was Scheduled

01/17/20: Received interview letter in mail. Interview is scheduled on 02/14/2020 (Valentine's Day)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Save85 said:

California, San Francisco here. It's been 19 days since my i485 case status changed from RFIE to Case is ready to be Scheduled for An Interview. I'm not expecting any news for i485 as I haven't seen any CA members getting interview schedules yet, but hopefully the AP and EAD combo card gets approved around the end of January.\

I also checked the April, August 2019 filers for CA members, no word on interviews from most recent posts.

SF is much slower than most CA field offices; one of the first interviews of April filers was in Fresno. My wife's (in San Diego) was in late September from an early April filing.

There have been some Bay Area filers who got faster than expected interviews when their cases were moved to San Jose or Sacramento.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline
13 minutes ago, DaveAndAnastasia said:

SF is much slower than most CA field offices; one of the first interviews of April filers was in Fresno. My wife's (in San Diego) was in late September from an early April filing.

There have been some Bay Area filers who got faster than expected interviews when their cases were moved to San Jose or Sacramento.

Thanks @DaveAndAnastasia for the insight. How do you even get a case to be moved to a different region? Is it because the petitioner's home address changed? 

09/12/19: Sent AOS package

09/14/19: Package arrived at Chicago.

09/30/19: Received 3 text notification at 10 PM

09/30/19: NOA 1: I-765 'Case Was Received dated' 9/16 (checked status on USCIS site using receipt number)

09/30/19: NOA 1: I-131 'Case Was Received' dated' 9/16 (checked status on USCIS site using receipt number)

09/30/19: NOA 1: I-485 'Fingerprint Fee Was Received' and dated 9/27 (checked status on USCIS site using receipt number)

10/01/19: Check cashed after 12 AM (pending at current time of writing)

10/05/19: Received 3 NOA 1 letters (hard copy in mail)

10/25/19: Bio-metrics Appointment

11/12/19: Received RFE for spouse's birth certificate

11/29/19: Case Center received our RFE response letter and documents

12/20/19: Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview

01/10/20: Case is Interview Was Scheduled

01/17/20: Received interview letter in mail. Interview is scheduled on 02/14/2020 (Valentine's Day)

Just now, Save85 said:

Thanks @DaveAndAnastasia for the insight. How do you even get a case to be moved to a different region? Is it because the petitioner's home address changed? 

I think it is more how backlogged that particular office is and where they can send it to for not too much further away to get it processed quicker

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 1/7/2020 at 12:34 PM, PaShah said:

Got a case update today saying they sent out a RFE for I485. So anxious to know what it is 😖

It’s probably resend of the document which u already sent. They sometime lose document. Good luck.

10 hours ago, Confall said:

Completed my interview yesterday in Boston and was approved on the spot! I would describe the officer as friendly but firm and very professional. We were interviewed together but he directed all of the questions to me; the bulk of them just confirming the details on the i-485. They didn't ask to see any of the cohabiting evidence we had but I don't think that's typical.

New card is being printed as of today!

our experience was pretty similar, I think for some people they may have a pretty good idea that they will approve before you step through the door, i just wish I knew the criteria that could be of use for everyone so we could share it and why others seem to have more difficult interviews, even in the same offices.

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

5 hours ago, Save85 said:

California here. USCIS received  my RFE response last November 27 and until now my status is still “ RFE received” 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.