Ahmed amin

revoked After noir

47 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

don't confuse marriage in Islam with a wedding ceremony

the marriage is done by signing a contract in  front of a court clerk   /  no ceremony

the marriage celebration is done for 1 day or several days after which resembles our christian wedding reception and this is all dependent on money and the family's standing in the community

A husband and wife share milk and dates but they do not even eat the main meals together and can separate parties (men with men and the women with women) for 1 or 2 of these dates.

everyone keeps talking about the wedding ceremony and there is not one 

it is only important to include the family in the celebration afterwards not the actual signing of contract of marriage

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
4 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

the marriage is done by signing a contract in  front of a court clerk   /  no ceremony

the marriage celebration is done for 1 day or several days after which resembles our christian wedding reception and this is all dependent on money and the family's standing in the community

A husband and wife share milk and dates but they do not even eat the main meals together and can separate parties (men with men and the women with women) for 1 or 2 of these dates.

it is only important to include the family in the celebration afterwards not the actual signing of contract of marriage

The thing was that, despite stating to the CO that the marriage celebration was to celebrate with the family, they had no pictures of the family posing with them at the event at all. The beneficiary also said his side of the family didn't even attend

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

3 minutes ago, LilyJ said:

The beneficiary also said his side of the family didn't even attend

That’s the part I find the most telling. If the marriage was in the beneficiary’s country then why weren’t his relatives there? I could understand the petitioner’s family not being there (flights were cost-prohibitive, unable to travel so far for health reasons or work commitments/child care arrangements, visas required, etc) but surely the point of marrying in the beneficiary's country is so that his family could attend. Otherwise why not just get married on a cruise ship or at a beach resort somewhere? Why would the petitioner travel so far for a marriage that the local family did not attend? 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Just now, JFH said:

That’s the part I find the most telling. If the marriage was in the beneficiary’s country then why weren’t his relatives there? I could understand the petitioner’s family not being there (flights were cost-prohibitive, unable to travel so far for health reasons or work commitments/child care arrangements, visas required, etc) but surely the point of marrying in the beneficiary's country is so that his family could attend. Otherwise why not just get married on a cruise ship or at a beach resort somewhere? Why would the petitioner travel so far for a marriage that the local family did not attend? 

Makes it seem like 'evidence' manufactured after getting the textbook rundown here on VJ......

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

What I find most interesting here is the the detailed list of reasons. Usually they are so vague about it. Is this a new trend?

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

22 hours ago, Ahmed amin said:

but the lawyer said he can make appeal and fil new case in the same time is it true

Unless the appeal or new case have a signifiant change in the nature and bonafide evidence provided then there's no point in wasting the money on the lawyer.  Sounds like you've provided almost no proper evidence which is going to be a really hard sell given a beneficiary from a country in north Africa.

Edited by dentsflogged

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
9 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

Our CO’s are well aware of islamic and other local cultures and you are correct.  

Minimum = bride, groom, imam, two witnesses.  

The witnesses are usually family members are they not?  

Ceremony is not the issue and neither is family/no family.  Read those letters again.  Beneficiary said one thing at the interview, petitioner said “out of town” in the answer, which did not match the interview.

It isn’t the celebration.  Many couples have small simple ceremonies.  It is the discrepancy that the letter highlighted.  Add the rest of the contrived evidence and this case is beyond repair.

Edited by Nitas_man

Timeline
9 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

Makes it seem like 'evidence' manufactured after getting the textbook rundown here on VJ......

We ceaselessly advise against sending in packages with this kind of garbage.

Timeline
2 hours ago, missileman said:

This is exactly the kind of manufactured "evidence" you have warned against in previous threads..

Too many on here encourage posters to manufacture evidence rather than advise how to build and maintain a marriage relationship based on what the couple is reasonably able to do while they are apart.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Nitas_man said:

Our CO’s are well aware of islamic and other local cultures and you are correct.  

Minimum = bride, groom, imam, two witnesses.  

The witnesses are usually family members are they not?  

Ceremony is not the issue and neither is family/no family.  Read those letters again.  Beneficiary said one thing at the interview, petitioner said “out of town” in the answer, which did not match the interview.

It isn’t the celebration.  Many couples have small simple ceremonies.  It is the discrepancy that the letter highlighted.  Add the rest of the contrived evidence and this case is beyond repair.

My husband's aunt was only family at the clerk's office when we signed marriage document /  her and an interpreter as that person must be unbiased 

and yes, this OP case is beyond repair as i pointed out earlier / an appeal will do him no good as there is no way even a  lawyer can overcome the issues 

Timeline
13 hours ago, LilyJ said:

The thing was that, despite stating to the CO that the marriage celebration was to celebrate with the family, they had no pictures of the family posing with them at the event at all. The beneficiary also said his side of the family didn't even attend

that is why i said "no way a lawyer can overcome these issues"   can not prove the unprovable

Timeline
16 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

My husband's aunt was only family at the clerk's office when we signed marriage document /  her and an interpreter as that person must be unbiased 

and yes, this OP case is beyond repair as i pointed out earlier / an appeal will do him no good as there is no way even a  lawyer can overcome the issues 

I believe an Islamic marriage contract requires (2) witnesses?  Our marriage book required them.

At any rate this case is a train wreck and a good teaching example.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

OP, your path forward is pretty clear:

1.  don't bother with an appeal, it would be a waste of money to use an attorney for this and most likely unsuccessful

2.  spend more time together and document all of the visits with passport stamps, a few photos together, boarding passes, hotel receipts

3.  build a stronger set of documents showing financial co-mingling, real things not fabricated, suggestions include beneficiary on retirement accounts, life insurance, add the foreign spouse to health insurance, will, living will, joint credit card account, etc.

4.  continue daily communication and prepare a summary of this, samples of how you regularly communicate with each other

4.  once the additional visits have been done and the new evidence gathered, file a new I-130 petition yourself (no attorney or visa service) in six months to a year if you can do 3 or 4 more visits in that time, include all the new evidence as front-loaded documents with the petition package

Hopefully you'll be successful the second time with a stronger I-130 package.  If that doesn't work you can live together in the beneficiary's home country.  Good luck!

Edited by carmel34

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.