ahmed71

F-1 holder deportation from US could make any effect to get Visa for Canada?

37 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, theresaL said:

I hope your plans include English language study to improve your English. For admission to a Canadian University you will need to prove your language proficiency. That means a 6.0-7.0 band on IELTS and/or 500-600 on the paper based TOEFL or 80-100 on the Internet based TOEFL. Based on what I've seen of your writing on this thread, your level of English is not there yet.

Good luck.

Haha I’d likely fail my English examination and English is the only language I speak 😂😂

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, ahmed71 said:

I worked outside for 3 months.Like off campus job.    

It will likely become an issue for Canada, then.

You did not follow the conditions of your US Student Visa...how would you be expected to abide by the conditions of a Canada Study Permit?

Other factors will be taken into consideration when they are looking into your background...since being deported, did you apply for tourist visas/etc. to try to gain entry into US and were denied for those as well?  If so, it will raise another red flag with Canada as they tend to strongly suspect the person is using Canada as a "stepping stone" to get into the US, then.

I saw your post on the Canada Visa Forum website (I am a member over there as well)...they provided pretty much the same responses as here.  

One thing I will stress, as was stressed over there---do NOT try to hide the previous US deportation----Canada will find out extremely quickly (IRCC can access certain DHS databases under its sharing program between the two countries) and outright deny the study permit in the blink of an eye, and will automatically ban you 5 years just for the misrepresentation alone.

Edited by Going through

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Canada and the US share access to many of their databases (mostly on immigration, border records, and criminal information). Even if you chose to omit disclosing the fact you've been deported... They already know.

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
3 hours ago, ahmed71 said:

I worked outside for 3 months.Like off campus job.    

Oh

To answer your question:

- Yes you have to put it in the application.  Failure to disclose something like that is severely penalized.  Be honest about it

-No, Canada probably won’t care that you worked 3 months on your student visa 5+ years ago

In your application clearly note what happened and why

Good luck

Timeline
29 minutes ago, Nitas_man said:

-No, Canada probably won’t care that you worked 3 months on your student visa 5+ years ago

It may be an issue if it was unauthorized off-campus work...which it sounds like it was since he was deported due to that...also considering OP is applying for a similar-type visa (CO may compare past history of not following the requirements of the prior US student visa, and wonder what ensures he will heed the requirements of the Canadian one).

At least to his benefit is that it would have been several years ago by the time of applying, I agree with you on that part.

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

A NIV for whatever country requires credibility.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

At a brief glance it looks like the Canadian work restrictions on a student visa are similar to those of the US. So certainly if unable to stick to requirements in the US it may raise questions about whether OP will do so in Canada. Of course there is only one way to find out , which is to apply. On the one hand, five years is a while ago; on the other hand, many immigration authorities consider factors longer than that; on yet a third hand, five years ago OP had already been studying in the US for at least the 3 months he/she got deported for, yet after all that time studying still only about to do a masters degree?  Seems an odd set of circumstances. 

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
4 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

At a brief glance it looks like the Canadian work restrictions on a student visa are similar to those of the US. So certainly if unable to stick to requirements in the US it may raise questions about whether OP will do so in Canada. Of course there is only one way to find out , which is to apply. On the one hand, five years is a while ago; on the other hand, many immigration authorities consider factors longer than that; on yet a third hand, five years ago OP had already been studying in the US for at least the 3 months he/she got deported for, yet after all that time studying still only about to do a masters degree?  Seems an odd set of circumstances. 

Looks a lot like avoiding / never intending to take those valuable skills back home.  

On 8/9/2019 at 11:42 PM, SusieQQQ said:

I stayed 2 years in NY. And for some travelling plan, I had to get some extra money, that's why I did that. And I went to that tour. While coming back,  something happened, and I was truthful while they're asking, did I do any work outside of my campus? My uncles and aunt's family is there, and they sent lawyer to handle it. But, I said that I did work. And they're unable to do anything after my statement. Anyway, I was 2nd year undergrad student at that time. I couldn't finish my course. So, when I came back my home my all of friends were graduating almost. I couldn't continue study there, so I went out from my country again. And here I have done my study, left 6 month of graduation anyway.   

On 8/9/2019 at 9:43 PM, Nitas_man said:

Oh

To answer your question:

- Yes you have to put it in the application.  Failure to disclose something like that is severely penalized.  Be honest about it

In your application clearly note what happened and why

Good luck

I appreciate it. Thanks.  

On 8/9/2019 at 8:10 PM, Going through said:

It will likely become an issue for Canada, then.

You did not follow the conditions of your US Student Visa...how would you be expected to abide by the conditions of a Canada Study Permit?

Other factors will be taken into consideration when they are looking into your background...since being deported, did you apply for tourist visas/etc. to try to gain entry into US and were denied for those as well?  If so, it will raise another red flag with Canada as they tend to strongly suspect the person is using Canada as a "stepping stone" to get into the US, then.

I saw your post on the Canada Visa Forum website (I am a member over there as well)...they provided pretty much the same responses as here.  

One thing I will stress, as was stressed over there---do NOT try to hide the previous US deportation----Canada will find out extremely quickly (IRCC can access certain DHS databases under its sharing program between the two countries) and outright deny the study permit in the blink of an eye, and will automatically ban you 5 years just for the misrepresentation alone.

Not really. I didn't apply for US anymore. My goal for PhD and I'm on my way. Maybe I'll not go Canada, because my Research advisor Professor trying to convince me to stay here with him in South Korea. He'll be my PhD advisor as he said. But, I don't want to stay here. But, maybe I would. 

And I'm making an option for Canada.

Thank you. 

Timeline
22 minutes ago, ahmed71 said:

my Research advisor Professor trying to convince me to stay here with him in South Korea. He'll be my PhD advisor as he said. But, I don't want to stay here.

May I ask why you don't want to finish out your studies there?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.