ExieLeen

I-751 August 2019 Filers

671 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Just came back from an international trip using my expired GC and the extension letter. 
The airport in Europe was very familiar with it and asked to see it with my green card. At JFK, the CBP officer didn’t really say much but seemed familiar with it too. Took maybe 2 minutes and I was through without further questioning or issues.

Bottom line is that everything went perfectly fine, just as expected. I really didn’t think it would be an issue. 

Hey everyone am working on my i -751 my GC expire the end of next  month. Have few questions for anyone who's been approved or in the process to help me thank you so much in advance. 

My question are.

1 Where can I find A number?

2 How do the  go about doing affidavit ?I don't have any friends so am going to my mother in law and father in law .

3 Where USCIS online account number?

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

For Biometric Appointment, is there a form to fill out when arriving at the appointment - Applicant Information Worksheet with Date of Birth, Hair/Eye color, height, weight, etc?  Anyone recently have their appointment that knows about this?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
4 minutes ago, jpink said:

For Biometric Appointment, is there a form to fill out when arriving at the appointment - Applicant Information Worksheet with Date of Birth, Hair/Eye color, height, weight, etc?  Anyone recently have their appointment that knows about this?

They will provide the form for you to fill out at the appointment.

On 1/24/2020 at 7:32 PM, TL2016 said:

Just came back from an international trip using my expired GC and the extension letter. 
The airport in Europe was very familiar with it and asked to see it with my green card. At JFK, the CBP officer didn’t really say much but seemed familiar with it too. Took maybe 2 minutes and I was through without further questioning or issues.

Bottom line is that everything went perfectly fine, just as expected. I really didn’t think it would be an issue. 

My husband and I went to Mexico in December, he also had his extension letter and they didn't even blink at customers in Mexico nor here at Newark airport. Seamless!

n-400 Timeline (husband) filed under 3 year marriage rule

(day 1) Submitted application & payment online (online ETA October 2021) 10/23/2020

(day 5) Text update that NOA was mailed 10/28/2020

(day 113) Biometric reuse letter mailed 2/12/2021

(day 279) Text saying there is an update to our cases, interview scheduled for August 26, 2021 7/29/2021

(day 322) Oath ceremony will be scheduled 9/10/2021

(day 327) Oath ceremony scheduled for Oct 1st 9/14/2021

(day 343) Oath ceremony complete & certificate received! Applied for US passport same day. 10/1/2021 

On 1/24/2020 at 4:32 PM, TL2016 said:

Thank You. 
I hope the cruise line we are sailing with (NCL) is as well informed as airlines. I plan on taking with me several documents and copies of everything just in case. 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hi all!

I filed for ROC on August 13, 2019 (that's when I mailed it, USCIS registered my case a couple of days later), I did the biometrics on September 19 and now, two days ago, on February 12 my case status changed to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview". Seems like it's moving on pretty well, and a little faster than the 12-18 months I anticipated. Has anyone else who filed in August 2019 got the same update?

Does anyone know how long it normally takes until I get my interview notice? Would be great to get that pretty soon, so I can plan an upcoming trip around it.

I came to the US on a CR-1 visa and my case is processed by the NBC.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
37 minutes ago, Jens79 said:

Hi all!

I filed for ROC on August 13, 2019 (that's when I mailed it, USCIS registered my case a couple of days later), I did the biometrics on September 19 and now, two days ago, on February 12 my case status changed to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview". Seems like it's moving on pretty well, and a little faster than the 12-18 months I anticipated. Has anyone else who filed in August 2019 got the same update?

Does anyone know how long it normally takes until I get my interview notice? Would be great to get that pretty soon, so I can plan an upcoming trip around it.

Hi I am also August 2019 Filer, My case is also processing in NBC with received date of Aug 22, 2019. I came to US on CR-1 as well

I finished my Finger print in Sep 2019 at newark, NJ.

My case is still showing as Case received. 

Now I can hope to process it fast.

Thanks for update

39 minutes ago, Jens79 said:

Hi all!

That is pretty normal for CR-1 as they are anticipated to go directly through an interview. How long it will take to schedule your interview? Well, it depends on your home office? But if you are in NY, I'd be surprised if they schedule you an interview in less than 5-8 months

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
2 hours ago, DSOTM1973 said:

That is pretty normal for CR-1 as they are anticipated to go directly through an interview. How long it will take to schedule your interview? Well, it depends on your home office? But if you are in NY, I'd be surprised if they schedule you an interview in less than 5-8 months

Right! Do you mean 5-8 months until the actual interview or 5-8 month until I get the notice with the interview date in my mailbox? I really don't care about when the interview is, as long as I get to know when it is as soon as possible.

On 2/14/2020 at 9:41 PM, J@grurtx said:

Hi I am also August 2019 Filer, My case is also processing in NBC with received date of Aug 22, 2019. I came to US on CR-1 as well

I finished my Finger print in Sep 2019 at newark, NJ.

My case is still showing as Case received. 

Now I can hope to process it fast.

Thanks for update

Case was received on Sep 18. Newark NJ. Still showing latest update as "Fingerprint Review Was Completed" from date 16 Oct.

Naturalization - N-400 Timeline

09/09/2020 - N-400 filling done online

09/09/2020 - NOA online

02/11/2021 - Bio Reuse

Filled end of July, Texas Service Center. Local office in Arizona. No biometrics, status “we received your case”. Called them a couple of times, plus submitted the request- got standard answer just wait...but it’s really strange why some people receive biometrics in 1 or 3 months, and some like me - no...CR6 type.

is anyone in the same boat? It’s been 7 months already... Also, I checked the case status who exactly behind me( same case number but the last number is minus 1), and it shows “case was scheduled for the interview”...

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
3 hours ago, Phoenix777 said:

Filled end of July, Texas Service Center. Local office in Arizona. No biometrics, status “we received your case”. Called them a couple of times, plus submitted the request- got standard answer just wait...but it’s really strange why some people receive biometrics in 1 or 3 months, and some like me - no...CR6 type.

is anyone in the same boat? It’s been 7 months already... Also, I checked the case status who exactly behind me( same case number but the last number is minus 1), and it shows “case was scheduled for the interview”...

We're in the same boat as well, but we're not worried. The length of time between filing and receiving biometrics appointment seems to vary by local office. Some schedule biometrics in a matter of weeks but don't render a decision for months; other take months for biometrics then action is quick after that. It's been a little over six months since we filed and we're just sitting tight and waiting patiently, as it seems our local office takes about 7-9 months to schedule biometrics. Not at all concerned that anything is wrong.

K-1 (I-129F)

Spoiler

02/19/2016 I-129F Sent
02/22/2016 I-129F Received at Lewisville, TX Lockbox
02/25/2016 NOA1 Received (Email)
05/04/2016 NOA2 Received (Email, 69 days)
05/09/2016 NOA2 Received (Hard Copy)
05/19/2016 NVC forwarded to USE-Tokyo (verbal confirmation); Case # received
05/24/2016 Case received at USE-Tokyo
05/30/2016 Packet 3 received from USE-Tokyo
06/06/2016 Requested Japan Police Certificate
06/14/2016 Medical Examination
06/16/2016 Fiance picked up Police Certificate and Medical Exam results
06/16/2016 Petitioner mailed completed I-134 and additional relationship evidence to Beneficiary
07/05/2016 K-1 Interview at USE-Tokyo -- APPROVED!
07/07/2016 K-1 visa received in passport
09/23/2016 Fiance arrived in U.S. (POE=Honolulu)
10/29/2016 Married!!!

AOS (I-485) / EAD / AP

Spoiler

11/19/2016 AOS documents (I-485/864, I-131, I-765) sent to USCIS-Chicago via UPS
12/07/2016 Text messages and emails received confirming receipt/acceptance of I-485, I-131, I-765
01/06/2017 Biometrics for AOS and EAD (USCIS-Honolulu office)
03/09/2017 EAD and AP approved! (Email/text notifications received)
03/15/2017 EAD/AP Combo Card received via U.S. Priority Mail
09/29/2017 Notification of AOS Interview received
11/07/2017 AOS Interview at USCIS-Honolulu Office -- APPROVED!
11/09/2017 Notification of Approval received
11/16/2017 Green Card received -- no notifications received regarding production or shipping!

ROC (I-751)

Spoiler

08/26/2019 ROC Petition and evidence sent to Phoenix Lockbox via UPS (delivered 08/28/2019)

08/30/2019 Filing and biometric fees charged to credit card

09/04/2019 Text message received with case number (assigned to California Service Center)

09/06/2019 I-797 Notice of Action (18-month extension document) received via U.S. Mail (dated 08/30/2019)

05/13/2020 Text message received: "Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken" (we did not have a biometrics appointment)

05/18/2020 I-797 Notice of Action (reusing previously captured fingerprints/biometrics) received via U.S. Mail (dated 05/13/2020)

11/04/2020 Two (2) emails received: "Case transferred to another USCIS office"

11/11/2020 Notice received via U.S. Mail of case transfer to National Benefits Center

12/07/2020 Email received: "Card/Document Production" – new card being produced!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Biometrics can happen at any time, but timing itself really depends on the service center your case is at. Vermont tends to send it out within a month, Texas not until much, much later. 

As for the cases around yours, even though it’s neat to see, really isn’t a good way to track progress except for approvals without interviews. Interview timelines are based on local offices. Someone in Alaska is going to get an interview a whole lot quicker than someone in New York City for example due to the severe backlog there. 

Thankfully the ROC progress doesn’t really affect us in any way. All we can do is wait it out. Fortunately we are able to work and travel freely throughout this process 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.