Cata&Ben

August 2019 - AOS Fillers!

1,771 posts in this topic

Just now, daesy said:

Did you get the biometric letter yet?

If your case has passed 30 days since the NOA1 date, try to send Service Request on USCIS website. 
(I tried doing that after 2 weeks of my NOA1 date, but the site said it hasn’t passed 30 days so I was not qualified for an expedite).

Nope I didn't get one yet. I called USCIS on September 26th and made an inquiry about the biometrics letter.

2 weeks later (today), the inquiry still says "currently not assigned for processing".

it's so frustrating.. I am going to call them again tomorrow.

My Timeline (St. Louis, MO):

08/22 Mailed packet

08/23 USCIS received

08/27 NOA

09/25 Call USCIS for service inquiry (Biometrics Letter), never got the answer

10/14 RFIE

10/29 RFIE Received

11/05 Call USCIS again for service inquiry (Biometrics Letter), never got the answer

11/29 Biometrics Letter Received

12/09 Biometrics appointment (Code 2). They've only taken my index finger's fingerprint

12/13 Another Biometrics Letter Received (Code 3)

12/20 EAD Card is being produced

12/24 Biometrics Appointment scheduled -> Cancelled due to executive order

12/30 EAD Card Received

01/08 Supposedly the rescheduled biometrics appointment, but couldn't make it.

01/15 Did the Walk-in Biometrics!

01/21 Status changed to "Ready to be interviewed"

01/22 Status changed to "Interview was scheduled"

02/26 Green Card Interview & Approved!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline
1 hour ago, daesy said:

We did our biometrics yesterday 10/9 and I just checked from old and new site, both already said “fingerprint review was completed.” Another waiting game begins.

Marriage-based AOS sent - 08/24/19

Notice date - 09/03/19

What’s field you did for biometric? And your case started the case number with MSC ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, MGMNJS said:

As of yesterday, my case is ready to be scheduled for an interview. 

Date Filed : 2019-08-14
NOA Date : 2019-08-16
RFE(s) :  
Bio. Appt. : 2019-09-13

Wow that's really good. I had biometrics done on the 16th September and still waiting for an update

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

When it updates ready for interview, do you schedule the appointment or they do that on their own?

K-1 Visa

I-129F Sent: 10/23/18

NOA 1: 10/29/18

NOA 2: 03/06/19

NVC: 03/19/19

Case #: 03/25/19

NVC left: 04/02/19

Embassy received: 04/03/19

Medical: 04/24/19

Interview: 04/29/19

Administrative Processing: 05/02/19

Issued: 05/06/19

CFO: 05/09/19

Visa in Hand: 05/10/9

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Jaimee Camille said:

When it updates ready for interview, do you schedule the appointment or they do that on their own?

They update ready for interview, then you have to wait for them to update to interview scheduled. I think you know the date one you get the letter in the mail, a few days to a week after your status changes to "interview scheduled".

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
25 minutes ago, Jaimee Camille said:

They will (always) schedule your interview. You will receive a letter in the mail with instructions.

Got an RFIE! Whoopee... I'm gonna be a wreck waiting for this stupid letter in the mail. I wish they would just deliver these electronically.

Also, we got fingerprints taken Sept. 17th and all of our statuses are still showing "Case was received". Should we be worried?

Charlotte NC field office. NOA1 8/23/19

Edited by Court & Jae

Adjustment of Status (from F-1)

National Benefits Center

Charlotte Field Office

8-23-19: NOA1

9-17-19: Biometrics

10-10-19: RFIE

10-24-19: RFIE Response Received by USCIS

11-07-19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview

11-12-19: Scheduled for Interview

12-18-19: Interview

12-20-19: Approved!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Court & Jae said:

Got an RFIE! Whoopee... I'm gonna be a wreck waiting for this stupid letter in the mail. I wish they would just deliver these electronically.

Also, we got fingerprints taken Sept. 17th and all of our statuses are still showing "Case was received". Should we be worried?

Charlotte NC field office. NOA1 8/23/19

You shouldn't be worried. They don't always update the status unfortunately

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

My husband got and RFIE for his I-864. I know it was sent. So that was fun. At least we had copies of everything.

Our K1 Journey
I-129f Received: July 17, 2017
NOA1: July 20, 2017
NOA2: February 2, 2018 (200 days from NOA1)

Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg*I left my heart in Brazil* (L)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
19 minutes ago, trames87 said:

My husband got and RFIE for his I-864. I know it was sent. So that was fun. At least we had copies of everything.

Beware, your RFE will say something like "correct your I-864 the way we advise and ensure that you use current form with all pages present and duly signed". Which means you may no longer use the form you sent them unless you mail it out tomorrow. New form is coming out on Oct 15 effective immediately with no transition period. Old forms will be accepted only if postmarked Oct 14th (Columbus day) inclusive or earlier. We have received an I-864 related RFE last Saturday and rushed like crazy to mail them the old form. Hopefully it will arrive today. Good luck with your RFE

Edited by HP+IC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Just now, HP+IC said:

Beware, your RFE will say something like "correct your I-864 the way we advise and ensure that you use current form with all pages present and duly signed". Which means you may no longer use the form you sent them. New form is coming out on Oct effective immediately with no transition period. Old forms will be accepted only if postmarked Oct 14th inclusive or earlier. We have received an I-864 related RFE last Saturday and rushed like crazy to mail them the old form. Hopefully it will arrive today. Good luck with your RFE

The way it was stated was that they did not have it. It was already mailed back almost a week ago. We are good.

Our K1 Journey
I-129f Received: July 17, 2017
NOA1: July 20, 2017
NOA2: February 2, 2018 (200 days from NOA1)

Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg*I left my heart in Brazil* (L)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 minutes ago, trames87 said:

The way it was stated was that they did not have it. It was already mailed back almost a week ago. We are good.

Cool! Just checked USPS tracking, our response has arrived, delivered today. Now let's see how soon they update the website. Also today my health and dental insurance card through my husband's plan arrived in mail. Looks like we deserve some celebration ;)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.