Cata&Ben

August 2019 - AOS Fillers!

1,771 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 10/3/2019 at 9:12 AM, happycookie said:

Anyone else having trouble getting their Drivers License with the NOA1?

I‘m in Texas and my DL process is now in “manual verification“ because they apparently can’t very my lawful presence through SAVE... I already had my biometrics appointment and have all my NOA1s.

And in Texas you can only drive with your foreign license for the first 90 days. Meaning as of Saturday I am completely dependent on my husband to drive me everywhere.

Is anyone here who has done experience on the time frame for this?

I'm going through the same, DMV gave me a SAVE case number I waited a month, and they told me yesterday, they won't issue me a license until my AOS is done.

4 hours ago, Marcela Palomino said:

My biometrics appt was Sept 12 haven't got the next appointment yet, my field office is portland, OR

Me eather and is not updated yet

On 10/3/2019 at 5:12 PM, pushok said:

Nope. Biometric completed but even that has not been updated. 

It's a hit and miss. Really depends who handles our cases. 

Exactly mine still says that they recieve my case ,and my biométrics was on sept 13

On 9/27/2019 at 9:02 AM, Marcela Palomino said:

Got done biometrics appt. On Sept. 12-2019. ... Currently waiting, Portland, Oregon office field

I did my biometrics October 2nd on Portland Oregon. Let me know any updates lol. Has your case changed from Fingerprint fee was received? 

Edited by Arnoldo

Chill and have patience guys and girls I filed in June biometrics July 8th last update fingerprint review completed July 9th no update since then. Speedy turnarounds are not the norm they are just lucky 

Late 2016: Met playing Clash of Kings the West

Feb 2017: Started online "dating"

May 2017: Met in Orlando

July 2017: Arkansas and Seminole (1 night) visit

October 2017: Washington DC visit.

December 2017: Seminole OKC home visit and Amanda  met Chayne's kids and dad.

January 2018:  York England visit Chayne met Amanda's son.

April 2018: London/Paris/York visit we got engaged on April 6th!!

April 19th 2018: packet sent

April 23rd 2018: USPS say packet signed for.

April 25th 2018: Electronic NOA1 received 

April 26th 2018: Cheque Cashed

April 30th 2018: hard copy NOA1 received

June 2018: Seminole visit, Amanda met Chayne's  adult son

event.png

2 minutes ago, DrSn710 said:

Yup. Patience is the game. Wife got her “fingerprint review complete” notice on 09/25/2019 as well. Just waiting now :)

More than the green card we are looking forward to the EAD - new job pending this. Any tips to get the EAD at least sooner? 

All the best to everyone! 

Me too i meed EAD for my change my drivers liscense and for work too,i dont think ,there is a way to get it sooner just be lucky that they get to our case faster ,sometimes im from new jersey and they are actually working with cases from march and i filed on agust😅

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 10/3/2019 at 12:12 PM, happycookie said:

Anyone else having trouble getting their Drivers License with the NOA1?

I‘m in Texas and my DL process is now in “manual verification“ because they apparently can’t very my lawful presence through SAVE... I already had my biometrics appointment and have all my NOA1s.

And in Texas you can only drive with your foreign license for the first 90 days. Meaning as of Saturday I am completely dependent on my husband to drive me everywhere.

Is anyone here who has done experience on the time frame for this?

I was lucky to get into their files while I-94 was still valid for a day or two. Passed written test on the same day and passed Driving test today. Was issued a 'temporary license' ticket right on the spot and hopefully a first plastic DL will come soon. The DMV didn't at all bother looking at my NOA1, only the I-94 stamp and issued my permit as 'temporary visitor's. Probably the licence will be marked thast way too. Here in NYC you must present yourself while your admission stamp hasn't yet expired to have at least your learners permit issued and when you are done with that you may take your time with actual DL as the permit is valid for like 12 mos

Our upd: good thing our case/s have been touched because we've gotten an RFE regarding my son's Affidavit of support. The mistake seems stupid enough but in our case there is no correct way to make it. Ok, we'll have it fixed as USCIS requires and hope that will be fine. Maybe they will RFE me as well, because our I-864s are intermingled. 

Edited by HP+IC

17 minutes ago, Cata&Ben said:

I did my Biometrics on the 4th of September and today I received a REF :(

Oh im sorry ,what did they ask you for i thought after biométrics we were safe from that😢

2 minutes ago, Lirca said:

Oh im sorry ,what did they ask you for i thought after biométrics we were safe from that😢

I dont know yet why they sent a REF.

I saw the status of my case at the USCIS page.

I will let you know when I receive the letter.

Cata

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I think you are safe from the RFE once you receive the notice that they are ready to schedule an interview.  

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, Cata&Ben said:

I did my Biometrics on the 4th of September and today I received a REF :(

It's probably something simple like "Birth certificate"...which seems to be very common these days.

B2 visa To AOS

Priority date:  08/19/19

Received text messages: 08/26/19 

Received NOA1's in the mail: 08/31/19

Biometrics done 09/17/19

Received case update online for RFIE  10/12/19

Sent response for RFIE 10/17/19

RFIE Response delivered (resent I-130A) 10/19/19

"Response to RFIE received" status 10/22/19

Case ready to be scheduled for interview 11/02/19

Interview Scheduled! 11/07/19

Received interview notice in mail 11/12/19

Interview 12/19/19 Approved on spot!

"Case was Approved" status update i-485 & i-130 12/20/19

Received Approval notices in the mail 12/26/19

"Card was mailed to me" I-485 12/26/19

"Card was picked up by USPS" I-485 12/27/19

Green card in hand 12/28/19

1 hour ago, Cata&Ben said:

I dont know yet why they sent a REF.

I saw the status of my case at the USCIS page.

I will let you know when I receive the letter.

Cata

Ok thanks 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
6 hours ago, Lirca said:

Why, biometrics is done locally and does not require someone touching the case in Lee's Summit or elsewhere where the applications are processed. They just came to look into the file apart from scanning it

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.