Cata&Ben

August 2019 - AOS Fillers!

1,771 posts in this topic

Just now, Total500 said:

@stephbd Did you get an email or a text message in regards to your case?

I got a text message. I usually get text message AND email updates, but no email this time...

I received the paper notice of the second cancellation yesterday in the mail.

N400

Submitted: 08/07/2023 (Online)

Receipt Notice + Biometric Reuse Notice: 08/07/2023

ROC

Submitted: 08/08/2022 (Phoenix Lockbox)

Received by USCIS (UPS Delivery): 08/09/2022

Text Message w Receipt #: 08/12/2022 (YSC)

NOA/Extension Letter: 08/18/2022

AOS

Submitted: 08/05/2019

RFE: 09/30/2019

RFE Received by USCIS: 10/11/2019

Interview: 10/22/2020

Case Approved: 11/05/2020

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Just now, stephbd said:

I got a text message. I usually get text message AND email updates, but no email this time...

I received the paper notice of the second cancellation yesterday in the mail.

@stephbd Ooh ok. Probably they are going to mail your Green Card then, without conducting an interview.  Any indication of this in the mail you received?

4 minutes ago, Total500 said:

@stephbd Ooh ok. Probably they are going to mail your Green Card then, without conducting an interview.  Any indication of this in the mail you received?

I wish that was the case but I don’t think so. The letter was the exact same one as I received for the first cancellation “due to unforeseen circumstances the interview was cancelled”

My case went back to “ready to schedule” a day after I got the cancellation update and it’s been like that ever since.

Edited by stephbd

N400

ROC

AOS

Today at 2am I got a USCIS Case Status e-mail saying that my interview was cancelled on April 15 and it said “case status: decision”

Later on, 5am, got another email saying that on April 16 the interview is ready to be scheduled and it said “case status: testing and interview” 🤦🏽‍♀️

I don’t know why I got the emails only now (previously got txt message) but of course I’m overthinking it.

My original interview was supposed to be today 😢

Edited by stephbd

N400

ROC

AOS

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Grant & Bri said:

Interview ready to be scheduled, can someone link me to a page where documents are suggested to bring? (Boston Filer) 

It's still a long road from here. Whenever the interview finally gets scheduled you'll get the appointment letter whit all the information about what to bring. Basically everything you can show of being happily married and financial comingled

On 5/7/2020 at 9:44 PM, Grant & Bri said:

Interview ready to be scheduled, can someone link me to a page where documents are suggested to bring? (Boston Filer) 

congratulations. You will receive a letter with the list of documents. They are basically the same documents you submited with the I485 and any additional document as a evidence of bona fide (lease, mortage, insurance, bank accounts etc).

Cata

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

My husband still hasn’t gotten his EAD nor AP. We applied with his green card application in early September. Is anyone else still waiting for these? Not that the job market or travel opportunities are abundant but this wait is discouraging. 

On 4/4/2020 at 11:19 PM, Sarge2155 said:

That's  more reason to cull some  of the cases is all I can figure. I don't  know how they select which cases to waive, but I'm  a September 2019 filer and we were just  approved and green card is being produced. Our interview was canceled. I know of another person this happened too also. I suspect that in the coming weeks  we will see more of these.  I'm  speechless about it still.

i just saw this. Congrats!

after all you went through for the K1, you truly deserved something like this to happen, to get approved without even having to go through the interview.

Truly happy for you!

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/10/2020 at 1:05 PM, B.V. said:

Hey,

anyone good any updates since 4th of June on their cases?

No updates for me and I haven’t seen any interviews being rescheduled yet...

N400

ROC

AOS

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
3 hours ago, stephbd said:

No updates for me and I haven’t seen any interviews being rescheduled yet...

Me either. My interview was meant to be on March 23, so I was hoping I would be one of the first to be notified about an interview. Haven’t heard a thing. Would love to think it’s because they’re going to approve my case without an interview, but I don’t have high hopes for that. 

5 minutes ago, emeline29 said:

Me either. My interview was meant to be on March 23, so I was hoping I would be one of the first to be notified about an interview. Haven’t heard a thing. Would love to think it’s because they’re going to approve my case without an interview, but I don’t have high hopes for that. 

Mine was supposed to be on March 27th..

Hi guys, I am planning to leave USA for some time. Flying back to my home country. I did my little investigation. Looks like proclamation saying that I am supposed to be allowed come back to the USA and travel ban does not apply to me. What do u thing?

https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/proclamation-suspending-entry-immigrants-present-risk-u-s-labor-market-economic-recovery-following-covid-19-outbreak/

Sec. 2.  Scope of Suspension and Limitation on Entry.  (a)  The suspension and limitation on entry pursuant to section 1 of this proclamation shall apply only to aliens who:

(iii)  do not have an official travel document other than a visa (such as a transportation letter, an appropriate boarding foil, or an advance parole document) that is valid on the effective date of this proclamation or issued on any date thereafter that permits him or her to travel to the United States and seek entry or admission.

iv)  any alien who is the spouse of a United States citizen;

Another proclamation saying kind of the same but there is nothing about having advanced parole doc.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/proclamation-suspension-entry-immigrants-nonimmigrants-certain-additional-persons-pose-risk-transmitting-novel-coronavirus/

Section 1. Suspension and Limitation on Entry. The entry into the United States, as immigrants or nonimmigrants, of all aliens who were physically present within the Federative Republic of Brazil during the 14-day period preceding their entry or attempted entry into the United States is hereby suspended and limited subject to section 2 of this proclamation.

Sec. 2. Scope of Suspension and Limitation on Entry.
(a) Section 1 of this proclamation shall not apply to:

(ii) any alien who is the spouse of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident;

Tell me what u all guys thinking.

Also we called yesterday to US Customs border protection and one two representatives said opposite answers. Then I called, I was told that I won’t be allowed come back to the US. But maybe because I am not native speaker it was hard to explain my situation. When my spouse called CBP, he was told that I’m fine and proclamation exemption applicable to me.

Thanks,

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.