Cata&Ben

August 2019 - AOS Fillers!

1,771 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
3 hours ago, Brazil/US2018 said:

I am pretty sure everyone is pretty much on lock down with all of what is going on with this pandemic. But I have a question for those of you who are really smart and into this government stimulus checks thing...

This came up on a discussion last night in our household....

The stimulus checks are 1,200 for single and 2,400 for married. They made it very clear that a non resident alien does not qualify. If I remember this correctly, all of our k1 spouses are non resident aliens until the green card correct? So would we just get 1,200??

I am not trying to get political here, just want to know!

Thank you and I hope everyone is staying safe!!

It depends on how you filed taxes. They'll look at the 2019 taxes or at the 2018 taxes if you haven't filed 2019 yet. If you filed 2019 jointly that way you're an LPR for tax purposes and so the two of you would get it. If you filed separat or haven't filed yet and 2018 was probably filed as single than only the USC gets it.

I'm extra upset with my former company now because they still haven't given me my foreign W2 and so we filed separate to get it done a couple of weeks ago.

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you that  have had their interview cancelled due to the virus situation all is not lost USCIS can waive your interview for AOS.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I just hope so🙂

16 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

For those of you that  have had their interview cancelled due to the virus situation all is not lost USCIS can waive your interview for AOS.

16 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

13 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

I was wondering how likely that would be... They already have an insane backlog and also just got a huge flow of cases coming in before the new public charge rule...

N400

Submitted: 08/07/2023 (Online)

Receipt Notice + Biometric Reuse Notice: 08/07/2023

ROC

Submitted: 08/08/2022 (Phoenix Lockbox)

Received by USCIS (UPS Delivery): 08/09/2022

Text Message w Receipt #: 08/12/2022 (YSC)

NOA/Extension Letter: 08/18/2022

AOS

Submitted: 08/05/2019

RFE: 09/30/2019

RFE Received by USCIS: 10/11/2019

Interview: 10/22/2020

Case Approved: 11/05/2020

1 hour ago, Sarge2155 said:

That's  more reason to cull some  of the cases is all I can figure. I don't  know how they select which cases to waive, but I'm  a September 2019 filer and we were just  approved and green card is being produced. Our interview was canceled. I know of another person this happened too also. I suspect that in the coming weeks  we will see more of these.  I'm  speechless about it still.

So that means some of us can expect the same?

my interview supposed to be on 27th March.

18th March canceled interview 

19th ready to be scheduled 

12 minutes ago, B.V. said:

So that means some of us can expect the same?

my interview supposed to be on 27th March.

18th March canceled interview 

19th ready to be scheduled 

Yes I would assume they would waive more!

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

8 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

That's  more reason to cull some  of the cases is all I can figure. I don't  know how they select which cases to waive, but I'm  a September 2019 filer and we were just  approved and green card is being produced. Our interview was canceled. I know of another person this happened too also. I suspect that in the coming weeks  we will see more of these.  I'm  speechless about it still.

Wait... WHATTT?!?!?

Wow, that’s great!!! Congratulations!!!

I’m an August filer, got a RFE in October and my case was stuck. Finally in March I got my interview scheduled for April 22 and got the EAD approved too.

This gives me so much hope!!

N400

ROC

AOS

7 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

Yes I would assume they would waive more!

I just saw in your timeline that your AOS is based on a K1... The other case you know was approved, was it a K1 based too?

Just trying to figure out the process here... 

Since you already had an interview (k1), could that be the reason they waived the one for AOS?

N400

ROC

AOS

24 minutes ago, stephbd said:

I just saw in your timeline that your AOS is based on a K1... The other case you know was approved, was it a K1 based too?

Just trying to figure out the process here... 

Since you already had an interview (k1), could that be the reason they waived the one for AOS?

No it was not a k1 based AOS, I don't  remember what it was but it was not a k1 based. I'm  not sure of the criteria USCIS used to select waviers, I wish I did.

Citizenship Complete!

18 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

Wow congrats! When was your interview supposed to be? And if you don’t mind me asking, what does the status say when you found out about the interview waived?

My interview was supposed to be for March 25th. Now the status is back to “ready to be scheduled.” 😢

1 hour ago, daesy said:

Wow congrats! When was your interview supposed to be? And if you don’t mind me asking, what does the status say when you found out about the interview waived?

My interview was scheduled for April 17th. I found out when the status changed to New Card Being Produced then after that it changed to Case Approved. But it all started after my status changed back to case ready to be scheduled for an interview.

Edited by Sarge2155

Citizenship Complete!

19 hours ago, stephbd said:

It was  a J1 visa whatever that is! Hope that's helpful.

Citizenship Complete!

Just got a text message from USCIS and my heart stopped for a second, waiting for a “card in production” update...

They just rescheduled my interview.

Anyone else got rescheduled?

N400

ROC

AOS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
17 minutes ago, stephbd said:

Just got a text message from USCIS and my heart stopped for a second, waiting for a “card in production” update...

They just rescheduled my interview.

Anyone else got rescheduled?

Hello, do you have your EAD already? And what type of visa are you adjusting from?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.