Celie

July 2019 - AOS Filers

2,067 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
16 hours ago, J&K 💕 said:

Just give it more time.. some offices take too long than others.. :) 

Why offices? I though you get the notification from the Chicago lockbox that they received the case? Or will I get the notification from my field office here in Raleigh, NC? 

Just worried that something is wrong since everyone else gets notifications :( 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I got the NOA1 hard copies for the different applications, now it says that my wife biometrics letter comes in the mail. Hmmm any turn around time for that and also does the online tracker  will not show me for the information for that?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
34 minutes ago, FaithProfessoR said:

I got the NOA1 hard copies for the different applications, now it says that my wife biometrics letter comes in the mail. Hmmm any turn around time for that and also does the online tracker  will not show me for the information for that?

Looks like 28 days.

AOS Office total records days to interview Avg. Days to NOA1 NOA1 to Biometrics Biometrics to Interview Biometrics to Decision   Decision        to GC
Atlanta GA 34 329 9 28 279 285 13

We just got the fingerprints appointment today. Sent package on July 5.

Went to DMV and some woman refuses to let my wife get their temporary driver licence, she asked for an additional paper that is really not needed. I called the main office in Tallahassee and they told me to try with a more friendly office (same as our lawyer). Do not go to Miami Gardens office, people are rude if you are not Haitian.  

Timeline
6 hours ago, Mousey said:

Why offices? I though you get the notification from the Chicago lockbox that they received the case? Or will I get the notification from my field office here in Raleigh, NC? 

Just worried that something is wrong since everyone else gets notifications :( 

Based on our timing, I would think the notifications come out of Chicago.    Our app arrived in Chicago late Monday, and we got the text message Thursday.  And actually, we got three text messages since I put a  G-1145 with each of the 485, 131 and 765 documents.   I was hoping to get confirmations when each got to their ultimate destination, but got them all together which is why I think Chicago is sending the texts.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, vzk said:

We just got the fingerprints appointment today. Sent package on July 5.

Went to DMV and some woman refuses to let my wife get their temporary driver licence, she asked for an additional paper that is really not needed. I called the main office in Tallahassee and they told me to try with a more friendly office (same as our lawyer). Do not go to Miami Gardens office, people are rude if you are not Haitian.  

We have great people in Flagler.  Hoping for no problems.   What did the ask for?

Just now, DanielPlainview said:

We have great people in Flagler.  Hoping for no problems.   What did the ask for?

An original birth certificate or any form of ID with a picture issued from her home country (she got robbed in Miami a few years ago), with a non expired passport is more than enough.

She was just trying to give us a hard time. We have scheduled another appointment far away from that gentrification preference that I dislike so much and is veeery common here in Miami. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 minutes ago, DanielPlainview said:

Based on our timing, I would think the notifications come out of Chicago.    Our app arrived in Chicago late Monday, and we got the text message Thursday.  And actually, we got three text messages since I put a  G-1145 with each of the 485, 131 and 765 documents.   I was hoping to get confirmations when each got to their ultimate destination, but got them all together which is why I think Chicago is sending the texts.

I sent my AOS on July 3rd to USCIS, Attn: FBAS, 131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor, Chicago, IL 60603-5517, and it was signed by a J. Harper on July 8th. I have yet to receive any notifcation or see my funds taken out of my bank account. What gives? I'm losing my mind seeing others sending it later than me and getting a response. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, D Dub718 said:

I sent my AOS on July 3rd to USCIS, Attn: FBAS, 131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor, Chicago, IL 60603-5517, and it was signed by a J. Harper on July 8th. I have yet to receive any notifcation or see my funds taken out of my bank account. What gives? I'm losing my mind seeing others sending it later than me and getting a response. 

Guessing you sent by UPS as I think the USPS goes to a PO Box.   Also guessing you included the G-1145 for text/email notification, and sent a personal check.   If so, then we did everything the same.........with the exception that we sent by USPS.   So our result was different.........we got emails, texts, and they cashed the check.   May be appropriate to try to contact someone there for a status update.  Seems strange you would not have rec'd anything yet, but I'm not sure about timing for problems with the application.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
1 hour ago, D Dub718 said:

At first USPS lost my package but what it really happen was that they just experience a delay. I will try to call them about it If I were you.

1 hour ago, DanielPlainview said:

Looks like 28 days.

AOS Office total records days to interview Avg. Days to NOA1 NOA1 to Biometrics Biometrics to Interview Biometrics to Decision   Decision        to GC
Atlanta GA 34 329 9 28 279 285 13

It looks like it. Thank You

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline

Hey everyone! Who has changed their last names yet? Did you fill all forms for a new last name? And what did you do with your foreign passport? Did you change it too? I have no idea how it works, i just changed my last name on a SSN

Timeline
On 7/26/2019 at 12:13 AM, Lana&Ivy said:

My current I-485 status on new and old site is "Fingerprint fee received" (or something almong those lines)

Thanks for reminder on the status site.  We sent in separate G-1145 for each of the three applications.   We got three separate confirmation numbers in the email.  Checked the "old site". and for the 485, we got the "Fingerprint fee was received", for the 131 and 765, the system shows "Case was received".   When I log onto the "new site" , I still show only our i-129F case, and there is no place to enter our new case numbers.

I notice that you mention you show status on the new and old site.   Can you tell me if these are what you're referring to?

Old:   https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/mycasestatus.do

new:   https://myaccount.uscis.gov/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Uruguay
Timeline

Dang, I should've made copies of that G-1145 and put it on all 3! Thanks Daniel.

Gonna send it in Today when the US Post Office opens. With the fastest method available.

K-1 Visa process (I'm the USC [F]) [2018-2019]

Spoiler

Sent packet: August 10, 2018 (Lines Compressed to fit signature restriction guideline)

USCIS Received package: August 14 - Notification in text/email: August 17 - Mail received from USCIS: January 22, 2019
USCIS Approved I-129F Petition: January 17 - NVC Received Case: February 14 - NVC Case # Assigned: February 14

US Embassy Received: Not sure but got email reply - March 11 - Instructions Received via e-mail: March 19

Interview: May 7 - Approved! - Arriving to US/POE: June 12 - Married July 15, 2019

AOS Process [2019-2020]

Spoiler

Sent packet: July 27, 2019 - USCIS Received Package: July 29 - [Hiccup] Package was sent back due to incorrect fee and sent on August 5.
Notification in text/email: August 12 @ 12:30AM - Check cashed: August 12 - NOA 1 Mail: August 16 - Biometric: September 5 @ Atlanta, GA

AOS RFIE: Sept. 28 - got in mail by Oct 3. [They lost my Husband's Birth Certificate] - Sent back AOS RFIE: Oct 16 2019, at office by Oct 17.
AOS Case update notice on April 9th, 2020, waiting for mail. - Interview date: Scheduled as of July 15, date is August 19. Passed the interview!

My Husband got his GC! 2 Year Conditional Green Card expires 08/19/2022, Residence since 08/19/2020

ROC Process [2022-2024]

Spoiler

Sent packet: June 16, 2022 via USPS, USCIS Received Package: June 21
Notice in text (didn't get email nor text on other phone): June 24
Notice date: June 23, package is at SRC (Texas Service Center), Paid with Credit Card, payment taken on June 25
NOA 1 Mail: June 30, Biometric: Reused
Got letter in mail for extension: April 12th, Received date June 21, 2022, Notice date: April 5, 2023 = 48 Months Extension. No physical card yet.
Approved without interview as of Feb 15th, 2024. Was not a combo interview with N-400.

Naturalization N-400 [2023-2024]

Spoiler

Filed Online: July 28, 2023NOA: July 29, 2023
Service Center: NBC, application # starts with IOE#.
Biometrics waived. Got NOA mail Jan 5, 2024 says Interview in Nashville, TN on Feb 6, 2024.
Queue for review and approval. Already in line for Oath Ceremony as of Feb 13th, 2024.
NOA as of 4/29/24 - Oath Ceremony scheduled for May 30th in Chattanooga, TN. Rescheduled as of May 2nd, 2024 by USCIS - new date is May 29th.
May 29th - Naturalized! Ta-da!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
12 hours ago, DanielPlainview said:

Thanks for reminder on the status site.  We sent in separate G-1145 for each of the three applications.   We got three separate confirmation numbers in the email.  Checked the "old site". and for the 485, we got the "Fingerprint fee was received", for the 131 and 765, the system shows "Case was received".   When I log onto the "new site" , I still show only our i-129F case, and there is no place to enter our new case numbers.

I notice that you mention you show status on the new and old site.   Can you tell me if these are what you're referring to?

Old:   https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/mycasestatus.do

new:   https://myaccount.uscis.gov/

Yep, those are the sites.  I added my receipt numbers manually on the new site by doing the following:  Go top right of "your cases" page after the 2 step verification > My Account > Add a paper-filed case.

9 hours ago, WaterLeaf said:

Dang, I should've made copies of that G-1145 and put it on all 3! Thanks Daniel.

I put only one copy of the G-1145 at the top of my package and still got a text for each of the applications.  Actually I got some repeats.  5 texts total.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.