Celie

July 2019 - AOS Filers

2,067 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
10 hours ago, ErickandLeo said:

Hello VJ's,

Good day, i just want to ask if upon filing the I-485 should i includ evidence like photos of our wedding ceremony, joint acoount bank statement of I and my spouse or any other evidence and also about the Advance Parole should i really need to file it together with I-485 and EAD? i have no plans of going out in the US so might as well not to file an AP?  thank you

Agree with Lana&Ivy............you don't need relationship evidence at this point.   You will need it later so start collecting that info.   With regard to the bank account, you may want to include that on your affidavit of support if your income doesn't meet the guidelines.  My income met the requirements, but I'm retired and included a bank statement just to provide some cushion.

I would apply for the EAD and AP even if you don't plan to use them.   We are not planning to use the EAD, but what the heck............it's free.   Both forms are simple.   Obviously your call, but it's free to include them with the 485, and most people love free stuff.

Timeline
20 hours ago, SAlove18 said:

Does anyone know anything about the office in Atlanta 

It's in Atlanta.   Oh, and then there is this..........

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/aosstats.php?cfl=

Timeline
13 hours ago, Sk87 said:

I live in Kendall and looking to send mine so will probably be located there 😢

Well, it may actually work out in your favor.  Orlando looks like it's going to be a long haul for us.  Some of the smaller offices, like the one in Greer SC that someone posted about, will process the GC in 4-5 months according to the VJ stats.   I think that one record for Kendall is an error.  

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Uruguay
Timeline

Hey, since I forgot to include 1 of the 2 photograph passport photo, what am I to expect or what can I do about this?

There is a total of 4 in the package.

Update: I notice the Nashville, TN office does not accept walk-in and infopass appointment. Hmm...

Edited by WaterLeaf

K-1 Visa process (I'm the USC [F]) [2018-2019]

Spoiler

Sent packet: August 10, 2018 (Lines Compressed to fit signature restriction guideline)

USCIS Received package: August 14 - Notification in text/email: August 17 - Mail received from USCIS: January 22, 2019
USCIS Approved I-129F Petition: January 17 - NVC Received Case: February 14 - NVC Case # Assigned: February 14

US Embassy Received: Not sure but got email reply - March 11 - Instructions Received via e-mail: March 19

Interview: May 7 - Approved! - Arriving to US/POE: June 12 - Married July 15, 2019

AOS Process [2019-2020]

Spoiler

Sent packet: July 27, 2019 - USCIS Received Package: July 29 - [Hiccup] Package was sent back due to incorrect fee and sent on August 5.
Notification in text/email: August 12 @ 12:30AM - Check cashed: August 12 - NOA 1 Mail: August 16 - Biometric: September 5 @ Atlanta, GA

AOS RFIE: Sept. 28 - got in mail by Oct 3. [They lost my Husband's Birth Certificate] - Sent back AOS RFIE: Oct 16 2019, at office by Oct 17.
AOS Case update notice on April 9th, 2020, waiting for mail. - Interview date: Scheduled as of July 15, date is August 19. Passed the interview!

My Husband got his GC! 2 Year Conditional Green Card expires 08/19/2022, Residence since 08/19/2020

ROC Process [2022-2024]

Spoiler

Sent packet: June 16, 2022 via USPS, USCIS Received Package: June 21
Notice in text (didn't get email nor text on other phone): June 24
Notice date: June 23, package is at SRC (Texas Service Center), Paid with Credit Card, payment taken on June 25
NOA 1 Mail: June 30, Biometric: Reused
Got letter in mail for extension: April 12th, Received date June 21, 2022, Notice date: April 5, 2023 = 48 Months Extension. No physical card yet.
Approved without interview as of Feb 15th, 2024. Was not a combo interview with N-400.

Naturalization N-400 [2023-2024]

Spoiler

Filed Online: July 28, 2023NOA: July 29, 2023
Service Center: NBC, application # starts with IOE#.
Biometrics waived. Got NOA mail Jan 5, 2024 says Interview in Nashville, TN on Feb 6, 2024.
Queue for review and approval. Already in line for Oath Ceremony as of Feb 13th, 2024.
NOA as of 4/29/24 - Oath Ceremony scheduled for May 30th in Chattanooga, TN. Rescheduled as of May 2nd, 2024 by USCIS - new date is May 29th.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, WaterLeaf said:

Hey, since I forgot to include 1 of the 2 photograph passport photo, what am I to expect or what can I do about this?

There is a total of 4 in the package.

Update: I notice the Nashville, TN office does not accept walk-in and infopass appointment. Hmm...

Isn’t it 6 photos total? Two for each form. 

Basically there’s nothing you can do about it. You can be ready for rfe, if they send one. If they don’t there’s no reason to send them anything. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Uruguay
Timeline
1 hour ago, sashsash said:

Isn’t it 6 photos total? Two for each form. 

Basically there’s nothing you can do about it. You can be ready for rfe, if they send one. If they don’t there’s no reason to send them anything. 

Correct, have to have 6 total. I'll sit back and wait now. Thanks.

K-1 Visa process (I'm the USC [F]) [2018-2019]

Spoiler

Sent packet: August 10, 2018 (Lines Compressed to fit signature restriction guideline)

USCIS Received package: August 14 - Notification in text/email: August 17 - Mail received from USCIS: January 22, 2019
USCIS Approved I-129F Petition: January 17 - NVC Received Case: February 14 - NVC Case # Assigned: February 14

US Embassy Received: Not sure but got email reply - March 11 - Instructions Received via e-mail: March 19

Interview: May 7 - Approved! - Arriving to US/POE: June 12 - Married July 15, 2019

AOS Process [2019-2020]

Spoiler

Sent packet: July 27, 2019 - USCIS Received Package: July 29 - [Hiccup] Package was sent back due to incorrect fee and sent on August 5.
Notification in text/email: August 12 @ 12:30AM - Check cashed: August 12 - NOA 1 Mail: August 16 - Biometric: September 5 @ Atlanta, GA

AOS RFIE: Sept. 28 - got in mail by Oct 3. [They lost my Husband's Birth Certificate] - Sent back AOS RFIE: Oct 16 2019, at office by Oct 17.
AOS Case update notice on April 9th, 2020, waiting for mail. - Interview date: Scheduled as of July 15, date is August 19. Passed the interview!

My Husband got his GC! 2 Year Conditional Green Card expires 08/19/2022, Residence since 08/19/2020

ROC Process [2022-2024]

Spoiler

Sent packet: June 16, 2022 via USPS, USCIS Received Package: June 21
Notice in text (didn't get email nor text on other phone): June 24
Notice date: June 23, package is at SRC (Texas Service Center), Paid with Credit Card, payment taken on June 25
NOA 1 Mail: June 30, Biometric: Reused
Got letter in mail for extension: April 12th, Received date June 21, 2022, Notice date: April 5, 2023 = 48 Months Extension. No physical card yet.
Approved without interview as of Feb 15th, 2024. Was not a combo interview with N-400.

Naturalization N-400 [2023-2024]

Spoiler

Filed Online: July 28, 2023NOA: July 29, 2023
Service Center: NBC, application # starts with IOE#.
Biometrics waived. Got NOA mail Jan 5, 2024 says Interview in Nashville, TN on Feb 6, 2024.
Queue for review and approval. Already in line for Oath Ceremony as of Feb 13th, 2024.
NOA as of 4/29/24 - Oath Ceremony scheduled for May 30th in Chattanooga, TN. Rescheduled as of May 2nd, 2024 by USCIS - new date is May 29th.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I filed my packet July 12. USPS tracking shows the packet arrived July 14. Till today I haven't received anything from USCIS for 797. Called customer service yesterday, and I was told that my information has not been entered in system yet. Check is not cleared either.

Anyone else in the same situation?? 

5 minutes ago, JojoNikki said:

I filed my packet July 12. USPS tracking shows the packet arrived July 14. Till today I haven't received anything from USCIS for 797. Called customer service yesterday, and I was told that my information has not been entered in system yet. Check is not cleared either.

Anyone else in the same situation?? 

Sadly, we’re in the same situation. Mailed on the 8 received on the 10, nothing in their system and no check cashed. 😢😢😢

Timeline
On 7/18/2019 at 5:33 AM, D Dub718 said:

Hi guys, 

I sent my AOS packet on July 3rd to USCIS Chicago lockbox. They received it on Monday July 8th. I wrote a check for $1225. It's July 17th and I still have not seen my check deposited nor have I received my NOA1. I'm starting to get concerned as I have seen others received their notification fairly soon after arrival. My wife's K1 validity ended this past Monday July 15th. Should I be worried and reach out to USCIS? Thanks for all your help.

Have you received NOA1 yet? I sent in at July 12th and the package was delivered in 14th. Haven't heard anything either. 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, GeeRaf said:

Sadly, we’re in the same situation. Mailed on the 8 received on the 10, nothing in their system and no check cashed. 😢😢😢

The customer rep submitted a request for me to the Chicago processing center. I will post some update whenever I hear back from them. It's very frustrating to deal with USCIS but hang in there!

Timeline
On 7/19/2019 at 9:10 AM, andreaam said:

We just received the text message. We sent the package at the begging of july but we still don’t know how it got lost in the mail. Checking in on July filers. Good luck to all!

My tracking info said it was delivered but I haven't received NOA1 yet (16 days passed). I wonder if the packet is lost too... How did you know it was lost in mail?

4 minutes ago, JojoNikki said:

The customer rep submitted a request for me to the Chicago processing center. I will post some update whenever I hear back from them. It's very frustrating to deal with USCIS but hang in there!

They claimed that we could submit a request until 30 days. The K1 visa expires Aug 3 and I’m concerned. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, GeeRaf said:

They claimed that we could submit a request until 30 days. The K1 visa expires Aug 3 and I’m concerned. 

Ugh it is tough! Now I am wondering if they have lost it in the mail.. Did you try to resubmit everything?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.