Celie

July 2019 - AOS Filers

2,067 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
On 1/8/2020 at 7:45 PM, Fer Schvarztman said:

Hi everyone, don't know if this group is dead, hope not. URGENT QUESTION: Lost my medical vaccine report Form I693 for my Interview. I sent it with the AOS papers, but now I'm getting my papers ready for May-July 2020 interview. What can I do? Can't find Information about how to fix this. Please Help!

They likely won't need it at the interview if you already submitted it with your packet. We brought the whole copy of our packet with us to the interview and they didn't ask to see any of it. 

AOS from VWP/ESTA

Filed: 07/05/2019

Notified Via Text: 07/12/2019

Checks Cashed: 07/15/2019

Biometrics Taken: 8/10/2019

On 1/17/2020 at 2:36 PM, DanielPlainview said:

For those of you who have not interviewed yet........

IT'S CRITICALLY IMPORTANT TO MAKE SURE THE AGENT AND APPLICANT SIGN THE I-485 DURING THE INTERVIEW PROCESS !!!!!!!!

I am usually pretty thorough but I missed the fact that the applicant signs the i-485 twice.   Once with the submission of the application in Part 10 but ALSO DURING the interview in Part 13.   Most agents will likely have you sign, but if not be sure to ask about it.   We did not sign, and were not aware of the requirement.   A few days after the interview, we got notice of a "Second Interview" without any explanation for what it's about.   This also caused a two month delay as we waited for the second interview to be scheduled.  We were also working feverishly on any additional relationship evidence and reviewing intensive interview information, and considering hiring an attorney.   Not a fun position to be in....particularly when a simple signature would have avoided all of that.

It was another two weeks after the second interview for the approval, so all in all, not good.  However, the status now shows mailed, so we're going to have a breather for two years until removal of conditions.

Also, apparently fees for Removal of Conditions and Citizenship are proposed for increase.  ROC is currently $595 and the proposed fee is $760.  Citizenship is currently $640 and the proposal is $1170.  We are all about two to three years away from those processes, so hopefully we won't see additional increases.

Congrats! Finally...

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
42 minutes ago, IHaveNoName said:

They likely won't need it at the interview if you already submitted it with your packet. We brought the whole copy of our packet with us to the interview and they didn't ask to see any of it. 

Yes I did send it with AOS packet. Do you know if I must add my co sponsor affidavit of support for the interview? We sent an Affidavit of support form co-sponsor and sponsor with the AOS papers, I think it'll do but just trying to doble check. Thanks so much!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Uruguay
Timeline
On 1/17/2020 at 10:16 AM, Grant & Bri said:

‭+1 (800) 375-5283‬ Press 1,1,2,2 then you’ll be transferred to a level one representative tell them that you wanna speak to a tier 2 office then they will transfer your call and put you on a call back list. Just bare in mind they aren’t that helpful depending on who you get, seems like they just wanna get you off the phone. I had one hang up on me a few weeks back because I’m trying to expedite my case so I can work and she said well that’s why you have a sponsor. Thank you for calling USCIS and then hung up on me. Like what if I was trying to start work for medical reasons and need to pay medical bills etc etc... that my sponsor cant afford. Anyway rant over good luck anyway. 

So my start date is being pushed back one last time to the 3rd of February so let’s see if I can get a response soon.

You know, it seem to be a useless thing to waste time on for calling them just for that info.

I wonder if you and anyone else had reported them for being incompetent and not helpful at all? I know I would, because right now they are getting away with it every day and not getting in trouble for it. It's not what WE wanted. Should be reversed to something more helpful that we'll understand better.

K-1 Visa process (I'm the USC [F]) [2018-2019]

Spoiler

Sent packet: August 10, 2018 (Lines Compressed to fit signature restriction guideline)

USCIS Received package: August 14 - Notification in text/email: August 17 - Mail received from USCIS: January 22, 2019
USCIS Approved I-129F Petition: January 17 - NVC Received Case: February 14 - NVC Case # Assigned: February 14

US Embassy Received: Not sure but got email reply - March 11 - Instructions Received via e-mail: March 19

Interview: May 7 - Approved! - Arriving to US/POE: June 12 - Married July 15, 2019

AOS Process [2019-2020]

Spoiler

Sent packet: July 27, 2019 - USCIS Received Package: July 29 - [Hiccup] Package was sent back due to incorrect fee and sent on August 5.
Notification in text/email: August 12 @ 12:30AM - Check cashed: August 12 - NOA 1 Mail: August 16 - Biometric: September 5 @ Atlanta, GA

AOS RFIE: Sept. 28 - got in mail by Oct 3. [They lost my Husband's Birth Certificate] - Sent back AOS RFIE: Oct 16 2019, at office by Oct 17.
AOS Case update notice on April 9th, 2020, waiting for mail. - Interview date: Scheduled as of July 15, date is August 19. Passed the interview!

My Husband got his GC! 2 Year Conditional Green Card expires 08/19/2022, Residence since 08/19/2020

ROC Process [2022-2024]

Spoiler

Sent packet: June 16, 2022 via USPS, USCIS Received Package: June 21
Notice in text (didn't get email nor text on other phone): June 24
Notice date: June 23, package is at SRC (Texas Service Center), Paid with Credit Card, payment taken on June 25
NOA 1 Mail: June 30, Biometric: Reused
Got letter in mail for extension: April 12th, Received date June 21, 2022, Notice date: April 5, 2023 = 48 Months Extension. No physical card yet.
Approved without interview as of Feb 15th, 2024. Was not a combo interview with N-400.

Naturalization N-400 [2023-2024]

Spoiler

Filed Online: July 28, 2023NOA: July 29, 2023
Service Center: NBC, application # starts with IOE#.
Biometrics waived. Got NOA mail Jan 5, 2024 says Interview in Nashville, TN on Feb 6, 2024.
Queue for review and approval. Already in line for Oath Ceremony as of Feb 13th, 2024.
NOA as of 4/29/24 - Oath Ceremony scheduled for May 30th in Chattanooga, TN. Rescheduled as of May 2nd, 2024 by USCIS - new date is May 29th.
May 29th - Naturalized! Ta-da!

Timeline
On 1/16/2020 at 9:18 PM, Grant & Bri said:

Yeah spoke to a tier 2 officer twice this week and wasn’t helpful at all. How do I get an info pass I see you can’t do it online anymore. 

Did you manage to get an appointment set up yet? I'd like to know how it goes for you (if you already went, or come back and tell me) and anyone else. This is something that I would probably end up doing.

Spoiler

Sent packet: August 10, 2018 (Lines Compressed to fit signature restriction guideline)

USCIS Received package: August 14 - Notification in text/email: August 17 - Mail received from USCIS: January 22, 2019
USCIS Approved I-129F Petition: January 17 - NVC Received Case: February 14 - NVC Case # Assigned: February 14

US Embassy Received: Not sure but got email reply - March 11 - Instructions Received via e-mail: March 19

Interview: May 7 - Approved! - Arriving to US/POE: June 12 - Married July 15, 2019

AOS Process [2019-2020]

Spoiler

Sent packet: July 27, 2019 - USCIS Received Package: July 29 - [Hiccup] Package was sent back due to incorrect fee and sent on August 5.
Notification in text/email: August 12 @ 12:30AM - Check cashed: August 12 - NOA 1 Mail: August 16 - Biometric: September 5 @ Atlanta, GA

AOS RFIE: Sept. 28 - got in mail by Oct 3. [They lost my Husband's Birth Certificate] - Sent back AOS RFIE: Oct 16 2019, at office by Oct 17.
AOS Case update notice on April 9th, 2020, waiting for mail. - Interview date: Scheduled as of July 15, date is August 19. Passed the interview!

My Husband got his GC! 2 Year Conditional Green Card expires 08/19/2022, Residence since 08/19/2020

ROC Process [2022-2024]

Spoiler

Notice date: June 23, package is at SRC (Texas Service Center), Paid with Credit Card, payment taken on June 25
Got letter in mail for extension: April 12th, Received date June 21, 2022, Notice date: April 5, 2023 = 48 Months Extension. No physical card yet.
Approved without interview as of Feb 15th, 2024. Was not a combo interview with N-400.

Spoiler

Biometrics waived. Got NOA mail Jan 5, 2024 says Interview in Nashville, TN on Feb 6, 2024.
Queue for review and approval. Already in line for Oath Ceremony as of Feb 13th, 2024.
NOA as of 4/29/24 - Oath Ceremony scheduled for May 30th in Chattanooga, TN. Rescheduled as of May 2nd, 2024 by USCIS - new date is May 29th.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Malaysia
Timeline
On 1/17/2020 at 5:17 PM, Olga&Jared said:

I don't yet know the office where my interview will be, still waiting for a paper letter. But they did update my address on all 3 cases (AOS, EAD, AP). I filed electronically for change of address as soon as I moved, and got a confirmation email from USCIS a week after saying that they'd updated it in their systems. Then I called several times and asked for a phone operator to check it for me and after 3 more days they confirmed that everything was updated. I also later received my EAD card to the new address. I also read a lot of horror stories and was worried they wouldn't update it but I was a bit of a control-freak during this process and called several times to make sure. My priority date also updated. I originally had "Ready to be scheduled" status since October 9, but then it got updated on November 1. 

On 1/16/2020 at 11:07 PM, Moe428 said:

My wife had to do that when she moved from Illinois to California during the middle of her N-400 application.  She didn't encounter any issues.

I just wanted to give an update - my case got updated on January 21st to interview was scheduled. Completely unexpected but nice surprise. I have a feeling it got transferred. Eagerly awaiting my interview letter and curious as to where it will be.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 1/21/2020 at 8:15 PM, IanD91 said:

Just faxed mine too. Likewise, keep me updated and best of luck!

Hey let me know when they update your case to say they received it and I will do the same if I hear before you 

4 hours ago, cmLee said:

I just wanted to give an update - my case got updated on January 21st to interview was scheduled. Completely unexpected but nice surprise. I have a feeling it got transferred. Eagerly awaiting my interview letter and curious as to where it will be.

Congrats.  Would be good to know where the interview will be.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
2 hours ago, Grant & Bri said:

Hey let me know when they update your case to say they received it and I will do the same if I hear before you 

Will do!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
On 1/23/2020 at 7:05 AM, cmLee said:

Congratulations! I got my interview notice today. It's going to be on February 20 at San Jose office. I guess yours will be somewhere a week after mine :) 

On 1/22/2020 at 2:12 PM, Fer Schvarztman said:

Yes I did send it with AOS packet. Do you know if I must add my co sponsor affidavit of support for the interview? We sent an Affidavit of support form co-sponsor and sponsor with the AOS papers, I think it'll do but just trying to doble check. Thanks so much!

I would post a thread on this, or search more, if you don't get traction within this thread.

Timeline

Still no update so Tomorrow I'll be doing a case inquiry first... then contact the congress.

How long should a case inquiry should be expected in what timeframe?

Spoiler

AOS Process [2019-2020]

Spoiler

ROC Process [2022-2024]

Spoiler

Spoiler

4 hours ago, WaterLeaf said:

Still no update so Tomorrow I'll be doing a case inquiry first... then contact the congress.

How long should a case inquiry should be expected in what timeframe?

They should respond to inquiry in 30 days, but your case has to outside posted processing time otherwise you won’t be able to submit an inquiry.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline

Hello everyone :) I received RFE in December, and sent all additional information that they asked on last week. On usps it says it was delievered a week ago, but i still didn't recieve anything from USCIS... Does anyone here know how long it takes to get any message or email that they have your documents?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.