Greenbaum

JULY - AUGUST 2019 K-1 NOA2 to NVC

1,256 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Albania
Timeline

We were approved today!!

good-luck everyone and i hope the best.  I did not sleep much the past few months but finally approved!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 minutes ago, UAreWhatuBecame said:

We were approved today!!

good-luck everyone and i hope the best.  I did not sleep much the past few months but finally approved!!!

Congratulations 👏👏 now u can sleep good 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 11/21/2019 at 5:11 AM, UAreWhatuBecame said:

We were approved today!!

Congrats to u and urs.. am in the same boat as u.. enjoy 😉 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
13 hours ago, Binbin22 said:

Congrats to u and urs.. am in the same boat as u.. enjoy 😉 

Hi Friends,

For police verification in our country , sponsorship letter / declaration from sponsor is required?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

hello... im very confused with what is happening with my case. I got my NOA on August 19, 2019 and on November 5, 2019 we received a mail saying our case has been transferred to the NBC and now the website has been updated again that our case has been transferred to another USCIS office. What does this mean?

Edited by Shaleena Cole

1 hour ago, Shaleena Cole said:

hello... im very confused with what is happening with my case. I got my NOA on August 19, 2019 and on November 5, 2019 we received a mail saying our case has been transferred to the NBC and now the website has been updated again that our case has been transferred to another USCIS office. What does this mean?

We ask you to post your question once so that their is no confusion. I answered you question in the other thread you posted it in. Please refer to it for further instructions. thanks

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

1 hour ago, Ashu25 said:

Hi Friends,

For police verification in our country , sponsorship letter / declaration from sponsor is required?

This comes straight from the P3 letter. INDIAN POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE: If you are an Indian citizen age 16 or older and residing in India, you need to obtain a police clearance certificate from a Regional Passport Office. This certificate is valid for one year from the date of issuance. If you already submitted a police clearance certificate to NVC, please check if it has expired. If so, bring a new certificate to the visa interview.

If you are a foreigner residing in India and are registered with the Foreigner Regional Registration Office (FRRO), obtain a police clearance certificate from them. If you are a foreigner residing in India but are not registered with the FRRO, obtain a police clearance certificate from your District Police Station.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ashu25 said:

Hi Friends,

Am not from ur country so am not sure

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
18 hours ago, Ashu25 said:

Hi Friends,

I recommend asking country specific questions in the India regional forum instead so you can reach a broader and more knowledgeable audience to help answer the important questions you have. It can be found here:

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/149-india/

"Well, I Was Sleeping, Y'Know, And My Mother, Who Passed When I Was Very Young, Y'Know, She Appeared In A Dream, Y'Know, And She Told Me, Y'Know, Very Gently To Just Let It Be, And So The Next Morning I Went Right Over To The Piano, Y'Know, And I Began To, Y'Know, Write The Song, Y'Know"

Timeline
19 hours ago, Ashu25 said:

Hi Friends,

Are you referring towards attaining PCC else any other document. 

In either of the cases - please visit PSK site they will guide you through the mandatory documents to carry

To best of my understanding no such declaration is required from the sponsor. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, ParulAbhay said:

Are you referring towards attaining PCC else any other document. 

In either of the cases - please visit PSK site they will guide you through the mandatory documents to carry

To best of my understanding no such declaration is required from the sponsor. 

Thank you 

i read it on a website 

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Finally I am approved , thank you everyone for all the help during this tedious process

all the best to everyone going through this process 

28 minutes ago, ParulAbhay said:

Finally I am approved , thank you everyone for all the help during this tedious process

all the best to everyone going through this process 

Congratulations.

Embassies will tell you this either on their web page instructions or in the P3.

"Visa issuance is not guaranteed. Therefore, we recommend that you do NOT make any travel plans, quit your job, or sell your properties, purchase airline tickets that are non-refundable or place deposits for wedding venue's until a consular officer has approved your visa and it has been issued."

Do nothing till you receive your visa and have been able to review it for mistakes. Do not buy airline tickets that are not changeable. I have seen too many situations that the visa was delayed for a number of reasons and the couple had to incur additional costs such as wedding deposits and airline fares. Just something to consider.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Congratulations.

Embassies will tell you this either on their web page instructions or in the P3.

"Visa issuance is not guaranteed. Therefore, we recommend that you do NOT make any travel plans, quit your job, or sell your properties, purchase airline tickets that are non-refundable or place deposits for wedding venue's until a consular officer has approved your visa and it has been issued."

Do nothing till you receive your visa and have been able to review it for mistakes. Do not buy airline tickets that are not changeable. I have seen too many situations that the visa was delayed for a number of reasons and the couple had to incur additional costs such as wedding deposits and airline fares. Just something to consider.

Thank you Greenbaum for all your suggestion and support during these 9 months of my journey here 

I had my interview on 29 nov and have received my Visa 😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My fiancé had his interview on dec 4th. Turns out we got the wrong police record sheet of paper. We need the full fingerprints and background check. So he needs to wait to get that from Ottawa Canada and have them send it to him. Then he has to send his passport and the background to Montreal. Anybody else run into this? If so how long did it take to both receive the background check. And for the embassy to send back your visa?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.